Megastink

ICAST 2018 rumors/new products

It’s that time of year again! ICAST is just around the corner and every year I create this thread in the hopes that everyone with knowledge will post all the info on soon-to-be-released products. As always, please post anything you know, and maybe even what you speculate... I’ll go first:

Strike King:

-Pip Squeak (baby poppin’ Perch)

-Pad Perch (walking Shad style frog)

Duckett:

-Black Ice release

-400 Series casting reels

-Crappie rod series

abu:

-Ike series revo reels

thats all I got. Please add and share!

• Like 1

Also Abu Garcia, a new Ike crankbait rod and reel combo. 

Berkley Choppo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A Zman rep told me that they are coming out with something new that he thinks I'll be all over but he said he couldn't tell me what it is.  So I will have to wait and see.

intrested in that pip squeek. 

ive caught some nice fish on the popping perch.

• Like 1

Daiwa is going to steal the show this year. Tatulas, Rods, hardbaits, more soft plastics partnered with Yamamoto and braided line. I'm very excited to see it all. Plus Kislter will have their new ZBone, Omega Custom tackle is revealing a new swim jig and spinnerbait.

Another rumor is Shimano is dropping a $50 reel based of the Casitas as well and Daiwa will have a Chinese outsourced sub $100 reel.

• Like 1

Saw these new possible products from Z-Man. Since I love all things Z-Man I am super excited.

http://www.icontact-archive.com/jjiXoF3Cf8NfV-NNtAkNpWY-7ODXPWFe?w=4

http://payneoutdoors.com/z-man-introduce-slingbladez-spinnerbait-icast-2018/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

Daiwa is going to steal the show this year. Tatulas, Rods, hardbaits, more soft plastics partnered with Yamamoto and braided line. I'm very excited to see it all. Plus Kislter will have their new ZBone, Omega Custom tackle is revealing a new swim jig and spinnerbait.

Another rumor is Shimano is dropping a $50 reel based of the Casitas as well and Daiwa will have a Chinese outsourced sub $100 reel.

To add... I've heard rumors the Shimano reel is an updated version of the "Bass Rise" and could retail as low as $44.  

Shimano will be adding the DC version to the Curado K.  Computer controlled casting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRR1g2TM50

New Rapala lures

http://usa.rapala.com/catalog/new2019/

New Berkley topwater. 

16 new bass fishing lures (11 different designs). Poppers, wake baits, prop baits, chopper baits, pencil poppers, walking baits and more. They will come in various sizes and lots of new colors. These new topwaters were designed with input from professional bass anglers Justin Lucas and Scott Suggs. The new line-up will debut at the 2018 ICAST Show in Orlando in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEtQs7undiY

• Like 1

Just speculation but I heard The Banjo Minnow is making a comeback only its going to be three times as expensive and with more banjo. 😁

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gundog said:

Just speculation but I heard The Banjo Minnow is making a comeback only its going to be three times as expensive and with more banjo. 😁

KUxp0fa.jpg

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

Shimano is definitely going to steal the show this year no doubt!!! Maybe diawa might might be the highlight of the show for best lower end reels.😬

10 hours ago, Burros said:

Shimano is definitely going to steal the show this year no doubt!!! Maybe diawa might might be the highlight of the show for best lower end reels.😬

The only thing I have heard coming from Shimano is the sub $50 reel and the DC Curado K. I'm sure they will have more but Daiwa's leaked products sound more exciting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

The only thing I have heard coming from Shimano is the sub $50 reel and the DC Curado K. I'm sure they will have more but Daiwa's leaked products sound more exciting.

Well we will soon find that out .

• Like 1

Will they be debuting the new Sufix Advance Copolymer? I was debuted last year overseas I believe. And the only place I can find it is on aliexpress or ebay uk. 

I'm very intrigued by it.

http://www.sufixadvance.com/

Was able to get a new Whopper Plopper 75's off a rep the other day. According to him they will be released sometime this fall. 

4 hours ago, starkeer said:

Was able to get a new Whopper Plopper 75's off a rep the other day. According to him they will be released sometime this fall. 

Dang, sunny catcher?

On 7/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, starkeer said:

Hopefully they don’t run as crappy as the 90s. 

• Like 1

Even though it is already out there I'm sure the Strike King KVD 1.5DD square bill will be chatted up at ICAST.

Have some coming this week.

• Like 1

Biggest news is the Googans are launching a plastics line with a game changing craw!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, punch said:

Biggest news is the Googans are launching a plastics line with a game changing craw!

I didn't even realize they were still relevant on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1