Sign in to follow this  
Dock Master

What is the Most Sensitive Rod Money Can Buy?

Just wondering what some of your opinions are.

The G-Loomis GLX seems to be the industry standard for what is considered most sensitive.

I have never fished with one but I will say that sensitivity is probably subjective.  Some may "feel" what their bait is doing better with a rod that others do not define as "sensitive".  Its all in the hands, bud.

The GLX BCR rods are scary sensitive.  Really.  The first time I ever had a strike on one, it felt so pronounced, it startled me and I almost dropped my rig.  No kidding.

A large portion of rod's sensitivity has to do with whose hands the rod is in, I've owned G. Loomis but I recently switched to Shimano Crucial which I find just as sensitive or more sensitive.

Cabelas XML and XMLTi for me are very sensitive

The Carrot stix is right there at top the list.. GLX's are amazing too.. you feel everything with the C stixs tho and for only 130-150 bucks.

The Carrot stix is right there at top the list.. GLX's are amazing too.. you feel everything with the C stixs tho and for only 130-150 bucks.

I will have to say that this statement is wright on! :)

St. Croix Avid series has gotta be up there.

I can't believe nobody has thrown these in the hat so far so here it goes...

Kistler Helium!!!!

A large portion of rod's sensitivity has to do with whose hands the rod is in, I've owned G. Loomis but I recently switched to Shimano Crucial which I find just as sensitive or more sensitive.

I agree 100%. Matter of fact, while I don't own or use one, even an ugly stick is sensitive in my hands. Not kidding. Nowhere near as sensitive as other rods I have, but sensitive enough in my hands to feel the subtle take of a 5" inch from a bass smaller than the senko.

The most sensitive rods in my arsenal are my Crucial 6'10" MH XF casting and Lamiglas Certified Pro Drop Shot Special spinning rods. Even my lamiglas competitor isn't a slouch nor my compres or others.

loomis glx is the most sensitive by far that ive tried.

id like to compare it to some of the JDM rods, like megabass for example...

a lot of it does depend on the hand holding.

that said, have tried the kistler's, the carrots and the crucials, as well as the croix le's.

bcr glx has them all beat.

some rods come close to the glx...none surpass it.

I have just finished retooling my 15 rod setup. From a very costly trial and error endevore i now have all avid rods for moving baits, GLX and IMX for bottom baits and crucials on my spinning. I have bought and sold more tackle than my wife would care to know.IMO the GLX is hands down the most sesitive blank money can buy... One of the only rods i have not owned is the carrot stix, something about it is like a ping golf club, i just cant look at it with that said go buy yourself a GLX and know that you have the most sensitive rod money can buy and donot look back.  

A BPS Johnny Morris Elite with Recoil guides is scary sensitive.  You can find them on sale for $150 every now and then.  In my opinion this can't be beat.  I am sure a GLX is a little better but is it twice the price better?