Sign in to follow this  
roadwarrior

Blizzard In The Mid South

LOL,  they say 3-6 inches of snow today/tonight.

Light dusting so far here in NW Arkansas, forecast is for a couple more inches tonight. 

Yea everything has shut down...Yippie snow day!!! if only i could fish :-/...oh well here's some pics :)

I don't want to make you feel bad but it's 80 degree down here and the fish are on!  ;D

It could be worse.  It looks like about 6 inches on the ground now and the snow isn't supposed to let up until this evening here in northern KC.  I really get the Winter doldrums when I'm stuck inside.   

I don't want to make you feel bad but it's 80 degree down here and the fish are on! ;D

Oh yeah, it 's cold down here too.  :)

ATL's shut down today, and will likely remain so til Weds due to icy roads.

Made it to work today, only for it to start sleeting. With it being 30 I decided not to risk it. Looks like I'll be at home until Wed... If only I didn't have a big deadline. eek. Oh well, time to watch fishing shows. ::)

Hehehe 3-6inches of snow and life stops for 2-3 days. Hope none of you guys ever decide to move up North.

Hehehe 3-6inches of snow and life stops for 2-3 days. Hope none of you guys ever decide to move up North.

Some of us are from the North. One of the reasons we left NH was to get away from that nasty white crap.  >:(

It sucks being you guys , oh wait , what am I saying , I live in Ohio. It really sucks being me !!!!!!!!!!

It's global cooling, or is it warming, let me change the terminology to climate change....and say it is caused by humans!

not fair at all. all we got was ice coated everything but  the roads, which remained safe for travel. nothing was canceled.  ::)

I wish I could say that. I just spent an hour and a half shoveling my driveway so hopefully it won't turn into a skating rink as this stuff melts and refreezes.

The only big difference between down here and up north is that in a lot of places, the cities have no equipment to clear the streets and the stores don't carry much for people to get rid of it either. That's why a lot of big cities have really been shut down.

Where I'm from, we have salt trucks and plows. We got maybe 2.5" and they shut down school today and tomorrow. Our roads are clear. I think it's a huge overreaction.

The only big difference between down here and up north is that in a lot of places, the cities have no equipment to clear the streets and the stores don't carry much for people to get rid of it either. That's why a lot of big cities have really been shut down.

Where I'm from, we have salt trucks and plows. We got maybe 2.5" and they shut down school today and tomorrow. Our roads are clear. I think it's a huge overreaction.

It's called 'liability' The thought of a lawsuit freezes people in their tracks. It's what happens when attorneys run everything.

No, they really do not know how to handle the driving conditions down there.  Ever see footage of the highways when a storm happens midday during the week?  Its comical.  Up here, its just BAU.  We don't even bother plowing until it hits 4" or so.

When I grew up in Detroit only the main streets were plowed, never the side streets.  We walked to school and school was never closed, somehow the teachers always managed to drive to school.  In suburban and rural areas kids were bused, I really don't remember if school was closed for them or not. Detroit has enormous salt mines underneath the city, salt no problem, but paying for it today is.

No, they really do not know how to handle the driving conditions down there. Ever see footage of the highways when a storm happens midday during the week? Its comical. Up here, its just BAU. We don't even bother plowing until it hits 4" or so.

True. Once the roads got covered with snow/ice, people started leaving their cars in the road and walking home.  ::)

It looks like a scene from The Walking Dead, with all the empty cars everywhere.  ;D

You guys up north can keep your weather, don't send

us anymore!  Tonight's low will be 15*, 28* for a high

tomorrow. This ain't Green Bay but it sure feels like

it to us.

;D :D ;D