I have 2 reels in mind. The shimano curado 200 I and the daiwa tatula tactical. I want the reel with the most casting distance and the smoothest. I also want it to last a while. Any thoughts on either reel?

These "VS" threads typicay end up getting locked. Both reels have plenty of fans and haters. Daiwa and Shimano make good products with solid performance. The biggest knock on the Tatula is its frame and the Curado I seems to be oiling the breaks from time to time. Retrieve and casting distance when dialed in should be quite similar.

• Like 1

These "VS" threads typicay end up getting locked. Both reels have plenty of fans and haters. Daiwa and Shikano make good products with solid performance. The biggest knock on the Tatula is its frame and the Curado I seems to be oiling the breaks from time to time. Retrieve and casting distance when dialed in should be quite similar.

Oh boy.

I like these threads.

Yes, they do tend to get locked, but I follow them because I seem to always learn something.  It may be small and it may be big, but it's always something!

Josh

How big are your hands? Palmability translates into comfort. I have never seen a Tatula but I have owned a Curado I and the Curado I in my regular size hands is very comfortable. From what I have read, the Tatula is a big reel so that would be a deal breaker for me.

As long as theres no "vs Lew's" I can just sit back and enjoy.

• Like 1

These threads are sometimes funny, but serve no real purpose. There are are hundreds of threads/articles talking about each and dozens comparing the two. They often end badly. The only thing that can be learned by them is some folks think the reels they own are the best and nothing else measures up.

"VS" threads are "what is the BEST", Ford or Chevy. Every brand has its own posse.

:fishing-026: 

• Like 1

Shimano easily..IMO

These threads are sometimes funny, but serve no real purpose. There are are hundreds of threads/articles talking about each and dozens comparing the two. They often end badly. The only thing that can be learned by them is some folks think the reels they own are the best and nothing else measures up.

That is because mine are the best.  :teeth:  Of course I own Shimano, Daiwa, Lews, Abu (both Revos and Morrums and both low profile and round), Pflueger, Okuma, Pinnacle and BPS.  Since I like them all I guess all 8 brands are the "best".  How is that for narrowing the field?  :teeth3:

• Like 1

I have 2 reels in mind. The shimano curado 200 I and the daiwa tatula tactical. I want the reel with the most casting distance and the smoothest. I also want it to last a while. Any thoughts on either reel?

The 2 reels are equal in size and line capacity, both have excellent drags and offer similar gear ratio's at the same price point ( Tatula is on sale).

Pick the brand you are most comfortable with, it's a coin toss!

Tom

"VS" threads are "what is the BEST", Ford or Chevy. Every brand has its own posse.

:fishing-026:

I think you meant to say, Toyota or Toyota lol

It all depends on where you can get the best deal on the reels.

Shimano "V" Diawa ?  The companies are competing for your dollars as all manufactures are. Each reel, regardless of manufacture brings some impressive models to that price range.  There is no best. Both models have a history of performance. This may be the time you apply the " what just feels good to me" factor.

I have the curado I and the Tatula r. The curado casts farther and is smoother under load. Also palms better for me. That's doesn't mean the Tatula is a bad reel, far from it. It's just the curado is a little better.

• Like 2