Lookin' Good ! ! !  

A most excellent vessel - here's to MANY productive and enjoyable expeditions ... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Wow!  Best of luck with her.  You gotta start building up some mojo in that new boat.  Maiden voyage videos to follow?  Congrats.

• Like 1

:love-158:

About dang time. I hope it's everything you want it to be and more.

• Like 1

Congrats!  Very nice. Sounds like there was a great deal of thought put into the setup. Looking forward to hearing about the maiden voyage. 

• Like 1

Sharp rig!

When I ordered my Lund in 2005, it was the longest 10 weeks of my life!

• Like 1

Congrats, mate!

Sooooo, will your canoe be retired?

• Like 2

Outstanding!  Congratulations!

• Like 1

What a rig! Congratulations A-Jay.

Your going to have soo much fun!!

• Like 1

Congrats A-Jay! Sweet looking rig. I know how long that wait seemed and how pumped you must be to have it now! Super happy for you. Hopefully the weather cooperates so you can get it out soon! I have to say, if it were me, unless it was a sever thunderstorm going on I don't think you could keep me off the water haha. 

• Like 1

Awesome stuff!!  Congrats!!

That is a bad boat and you are going to be the *** of many, many fishermen.  Now go catch some big bass and get some bass slime on the carpet!

• Like 1

That is an awesome looking boat, A-Jay!  It looks and sounds like a sweet fishing machine.  I'm looking forward to further updates once you get it on the water.

• Like 1

niiiiiiiiiiice ride there A Jay!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darren. said:

Congrats, mate!

Sooooo, will your canoe be retired?

I've spent many very memorable days & nights in the old Town and it will always have a special place ~ in my garage.  :wink7:

So retired ~ Sort of I guess.

In the sense that my days of farting around at 2.9 mph in the wind with the trolling motor are pretty much over. 

I'll still get out in it here & there, but realistically it will only see the very smallest of waters and they'll be the "Paddle only" locals.

Since my wife & I are both former US Coast Guard small Boat Coxswains ~ who haven't been behind a helm in A While,  there may be some challenges sharing the wheel time.  (which I will gracious loose Every Time).

:)

A-Jay

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junk Fisherman said:

Awesome stuff!!  Congrats!!

That is a bad boat and you are going to be the *** of many, many fishermen.  Now go catch some big bass and get some bass slime on the carpet!

How does eennvvyy get censored?

9 minutes ago, Junk Fisherman said:

How does eennvvyy get censored?

I appreciate the sentiment.

That word is also a brand name of gear that's on the Not Here list.

A-Jay

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I've spent many very special days & nights in the old Town and it will always have a special place ~ in my garage.  :wink7:

So retired ~ Sort of I guess.

In the sense that my days of farting around at 2.9 mph in the wind with the trolling motor are pretty much over. 

I'll still get out in it here & there, but realistically it will only see the very smallest of waters and they'll be the "Paddle only" locals.

Since my wife & I are both former US Coast Guard small Boat Coxswains ~ who haven't been behind one in A While,  there may be some challenges sharing the wheel time.  (which I will gracious loose Every Time).

A-Jay

Happy wife. Happy life. :) 

• Like 1

Congratulations my friend!  A long list of high quality components. Well done. What trolling motor did you go with? You are going to love the Talons. Having breaks on a bass boat is a game changer. You will find yourself correcting for wind and current out of habit for a minute. Then you will wonder how you got by without them. Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K_Mac said:

Congratulations my friend!  A long list of high quality components. Well done. What trolling motor did you go with? You are going to love the Talons. Having breaks on a bass boat is a game changer. You will find yourself correcting for wind and current out of habit for a minute. Then you will wonder how you got by without them. Enjoy!

Thank you my friend, I appreciate it. 

I went with a Minn Kota Fortrex 112/62/US2. 

Funny I missed that on the initial post (I just added it - thanks)

A-Jay

Sweet!  I was actually driving through Gaylord on Wednesday looking for a brand new Lund...

Where you taking her for the maiden voyage?

• Like 1

Outstanding - I am very interested in your experiences as you learn your new rig.

I'd have set it up just like that, with one exception - I'd swap the Fortrex for an Ulterra...but that's just a preference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lecisnith said:

Sweet!  I was actually driving through Gaylord on Wednesday looking for a brand new Lund...

Where you taking her for the maiden voyage?

Cleaning it up & starting to rig and add gear today.(in the garage)   Of course the dealer did their customary clean & prep before I picked it up, but the A-Jay version is seriously next level.  Always includes quite a bit more attention to detail (insert I take stuff apart).  It's also I great way to check over the entire rig as well as learn a ton about every aspect of the boat, motor, trailer & all associated options / equipment.  Been doing on my trucks for a while now & it has served me well.  But I got the time too.

So with all of that said, It's been Thundering / Raining off & on all day here and it's forecasted to continue through Sunday - Monday might be the first reasonable Launching . . And Yes, I do mean Launching.

A-Jay

• Like 2

Congrats A-Jay!! Now you just need to move down south so you can enjoy it more than 3 months out of the year?

• Like 4