12poundbass

Tracker 2018 Heritage/2019 Classic edition boat

Shoot, I'm from Miami and I lock everything up. My wife asks me why I do it, and I tell her I lived in Miami. 

Picked up the boat today and ran it down to the lake with a buddy. Ran the engine for a little while and played with the trolling motor and fish finder. My buddy caught a couple bass while I was playing with everything like a kid. Can't wait to take it out again. Love this boat so far.

• Like 4

When it rains in my boat water collects in the storage compartments under the seats. I was expecting these to be water tight. Anyone else have this problem? I guess it goes without saying that these boats don’t have an automatic bilge Pump? If I leave it in the pond and it rains hard that’s a real problem!

5 hours ago, Cullum44 said:

When it rains in my boat water collects in the storage compartments under the seats. I was expecting these to be water tight. Anyone else have this problem? I guess it goes without saying that these boats don’t have an automatic bilge Pump? If I leave it in the pond and it rains hard that’s a real problem!

Yep, water gets in everywhere when it rains.  You would think with that groove around the top of the box, it would help keep water out :rolleyes:.  If you keep the boat out with no cover, you will always have wet compartments (mold :tongue6:).  On the water you will also need to wire an auto-bilge switch.  :occasion14:

8 hours ago, Cullum44 said:

I keep my boat on the driveway with the cover on it. my main issue is that my boat is sloped downward and when it rains water gets into the back hatch and settles in the front of the boat. I continually raise it up to try to keep it level and I put a tarp over the cover and motor to try to keep the water out.

Adding an auto bilge switch is fairly easy, so you should consider it. I don't get water in my seat box with the cover all. finally I keep no damp water collection containers in the dry, excuse me, wet storage box.  If you let water stay in this box, everything molds. If it can r us, it will rust. when I did was drill drain holes in that hatch so water at least would not stand in there.

• Like 1

Thanks, I installed an auto switch on the bilge Pump today. I’m putting necessary papers in a small dry box in the box in the back deck. It seems to stay fairly dry in there. I’m putting nothing under the seats because it’s going back in the pond and summer rains are coming frequently now. At least now when I wake up and there’s a thunderstorm I won’t have to worry about the boat because of the auto switch. It still puzzles me how all that water gets under the seats and doesn’t run out. 

Maybe I should drill holes in the under seat compartments so at least the water can get out? 

15 hours ago, Cullum44 said:

Thanks, I installed an auto switch on the bilge Pump today. I’m putting necessary papers in a small dry box in the box in the back deck. It seems to stay fairly dry in there. I’m putting nothing under the seats because it’s going back in the pond and summer rains are coming frequently now. At least now when I wake up and there’s a thunderstorm I won’t have to worry about the boat because of the auto switch. It still puzzles me how all that water gets under the seats and doesn’t run out. 

Maybe I should drill holes in the under seat compartments so at least the water can get out? 

Do you have a cover?  Unless you continually dry your compartments and gear after every rain, your going to have a mold problem.  The only way around it that I can think of is to keep the water out in the first place :dontknow: