Jump to content
dodgeguy

What's with Cabela's?

Recommended Posts

Took a trip to Cabela's Hartford store today and was really disappointed. Nothing in stock and bare lsles.Hopefully they will get their act together.i can't believe bass pro let it look that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I went to Cabelas I was very disappointed in the fishing selection. Luckily there's a bass pro 5 minutes from my house ūüėĀ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dodgeguy said:

Took a trip to Cabela's Hartford store today and was really disappointed. Nothing in stock and bare lsles.Hopefully they will get their act together.i can't believe bass pro let it look that bad.

With BPS buying Cabela's they may be closing the store. Hard to believe with all the stores that Cabela's and BPS have that they have the revenue to keep all of them open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cabela's is getting new stuff every time I go! I've taken to dropping by at least once a week now. Still some things they haven't gotten yet, but I finally found some sinker slides and a few other things I've been looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cabelas fishing department,here in Kansas City, was pretty bare this fall. now they are restocking the shelves. They sure aren't dropping any prices.

I went to Bass Pro, because they had some sales going on. they redeemed my Cabelas points on a bass pro gift card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dodgeguy said:

Took a trip to Cabela's Hartford store today and was really disappointed. Nothing in stock and bare lsles.Hopefully they will get their act together.i can't believe bass pro let it look that bad.

Ever since Connecticut passed their bs gun laws It made the trip to Cabelas useless. If I can't buy bulk ammo then I can't justify driving all that way for lures that I can order online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pretty aggravated every time I go there here in MN as well. They cater to Rapala company lures and never have the lures I'm looking for. Their rod selection is one of the worst I've ever seen. If it isn't a St Croix or cabelas rod they don't have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to work there and their choices on stocking the fishing section were pretty suspect. You'd have ever Rapala lure you could ever want, but we would be out of stock of power pro and 832 braid almost constantly. It would fly off the shelves and we'd get minimal restock of the stuff. That's not on the individual stores though, corporate decided what to ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bps is a joke.  Has been for a while.   They have very limited selection of any brands besides rapala, Strike king.    Reel selection is good but the rod selection is terrible.   Cabelas had a better lure selection but it looks like that has changed.   Bps/cabelas will Be closing a bunch of stores very soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went to the local Cabela’s on Saturday and I was really impressed at how well it was stocked and just how busy it was. There is s BPS about 20 minutes away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, after the Christmas sales, Cabelas run slim pickings until ice out. My local store also was stocked up on Tracker and Nitro boats. I was at BPS a few weeks ago. Shelves fully stocked but only 3 or 4 boats on the showroom floor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be working a show at Cabela's the weekend of March 24th.  I'll report back on how the Gainsville, Virgina store is stocked.  At least with the baits I am representing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Cabela's in Sidney NE last week, and I asked the guy in the fishing department what changes he had seen.  The only thing notable was the Tracker boats.  They will be getting stocked up for fishing around the end of this month and into March.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always get excited to go to Cabelas but never buy anything.  It's never worth it since prices are never competitive unless you find some clearance.  I'd rather buy from Tackle Warehouse or FFO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never buy in store from either anymore. Still go since BPS is 10 minutes away and Cabelas is half an hour. I go to get ideas. I'd rather give my money to TW and @Siebert Outdoors or the local archery shop. Prices are better on Amazon too. I went to BPS to get a bow release, and saw it for half the price on Amazon. I ordered it after BPS wouldn't price match. It's ok if you can't wait or don't know any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TOXIC said:

I'll be working a show at Cabela's the weekend of March 24th.  I'll report back on how the Gainsville, Virgina store is stocked.  At least with the baits I am representing.  

Just went there saturday to return some stuff. They had a decent selection of tackle. I was surprised at how many sale baits they had.  Still overpriced compared to TW.  Got a cool Huk shirt for 40% off though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last Cabelas I was at about a month ago had good selection, but the prices...:o

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cabelas never has Power Pro, Suffix 832, or Seagaur InvsX in stock. Pretty good rod selection as they carry St. Croix, Shimano, Loomis, Fenwick, Lews, Abu Garcia as well as there own brand. They have a whole side of an isle dedicated to Rapala and marginal areas for other lure brands. I don’t have many complaints about my Cabela’s except that once everything gets picked over it’s seems as if they don’t restock. My local Cabela’s is in Noblesville, IN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LxVE Bassin said:

My Cabelas never has Power Pro, Suffix 832, or Seagaur InvsX in stock. Pretty good rod selection as they carry St. Croix, Shimano, Loomis, Fenwick, Lews, Abu Garcia as well as there own brand. They have a whole side of an isle dedicated to Rapala and marginal areas for other lure brands. I don’t have many complaints about my Cabela’s except that once everything gets picked over it’s seems as if they don’t restock. My local Cabela’s is in Noblesville, IN. 

That's the Cabelas nearest me too , are they having a spring classic like BPS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt it. 

7 hours ago, zell_pop1 said:

That's the Cabelas nearest me too , are they having a spring classic like BPS?

I highly doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, BuzzHudson19c said:

Ever since Connecticut passed their bs gun laws It made the trip to Cabelas useless. If I can't buy bulk ammo then I can't justify driving all that way for lures that I can order online.

You can order ammo online as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LxVE Bassin said:

My Cabelas never has Power Pro, Suffix 832, or Seagaur InvsX in stock. Pretty good rod selection as they carry St. Croix, Shimano, Loomis, Fenwick, Lews, Abu Garcia as well as there own brand. They have a whole side of an isle dedicated to Rapala and marginal areas for other lure brands. I don’t have many complaints about my Cabela’s except that once everything gets picked over it’s seems as if they don’t restock. My local Cabela’s is in Noblesville, IN. 

 

I was really anticipating Cabela's opening a couple of summers ago.  Since then I've gotten pretty nonplussed about the place. I know it's a scaled down version but to me it's no better than GM was.  I actually kind of miss them. The new Gander Outdoors web site doesn't have me holding my breath about their store opening.  What we need in Indy (at least from a fisherman's perspective) is something like good old Galyan's.  I really miss them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI, Cabela's is having a Spring event, it is nationwide and at all stores.  May be more than one weekend but I know it is March 23-25th at least.  It's called "The Great Outdoors" whereas Bass Pro is normally their "Spring Classic".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bassman said:

 

What we need in Indy (at least from a fisherman's perspective) is something like good old Galyan's.  I really miss them.

Another "cater to the enthusiast" failure, that got bought out and bounced around by competitors and holding companies. Nice climbing wall though. The Fair Lakes VA one became a DSG, they are doing good there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bassman said:

 

I was really anticipating Cabela's opening a couple of summers ago.  Since then I've gotten pretty nonplussed about the place. I know it's a scaled down version but to me it's no better than GM was.  I actually kind of miss them. The new Gander Outdoors web site doesn't have me holding my breath about their store opening.  What we need in Indy (at least from a fisherman's perspective) is something like good old Galyan's.  I really miss them.

 

13 minutes ago, reason said:

Another "cater to the enthusiast" failure, that got bought out and bounced around by competitors and holding companies. Nice climbing wall though. The Fair Lakes VA one became a DSG, they are doing good there.

I really miss Anglers World that was in Greenfield, IN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×