Jump to content
jbmaine

Awful 9's

Recommended Posts

Temp's tonight are supposed to drop down to 9 degrees with wind gusts up to 25, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Then tomorrow night thru Friday we're forecast to get up to 9 inches of the white stuff.

Today I was on my tractor bagging leaves. Tomorrow I'll be reconfiguring my tractor for snow blowing, then on Fri I'll be trying it out.

Wonder if this is an *** of things to come.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5703c63995cc4_MISpringMow.jpg.a612a07800a0b8dca726d8003a2eef3a.jpg570814e0c64d6_MIspringbreak.jpg.769dc9069d33816ce0674b096437b80c.jpg

Snow-shovel-shovel-frozen-freeze-smiley-emoticon-000799-large.gif.3045ac13cbde2ebe2cb6bb6b1c2c3c59.gif

A-Jay

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

570814e0c64d6_MIspringbreak.jpg.769dc9069d33816ce0674b096437b80c.jpg

 

A-Jay

That's like my back yard.  It faces north, and there's a portion that never gets any sun, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, fishballer06 said:

About time for the northerner's to start all the typical winter time threads that come up...

Like, "If your fishing was a movie....."   lol  :)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 82 deg on the Big O!

 

Sorry

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbmaine said:

tomorrow night thru Friday we're forecast to get up to 9 inches of the white stuff.

I didn’t know that!

 

...You know you have a fishing problem when your getting your local weather forecast through bassresource.com... 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishballer06 said:

About time for the northerner's to start all the typical winter time threads that come up...

I was just thinking today "it's getting close for me to fire up the sub-zero thread". 

 

I went by a waterfowl marsh today and the waterfowl were walking on water.....because it was FROZEN. 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A-Jay said:

5703c63995cc4_MISpringMow.jpg.a612a07800a0b8dca726d8003a2eef3a.jpg570814e0c64d6_MIspringbreak.jpg.769dc9069d33816ce0674b096437b80c.jpg

Snow-shovel-shovel-frozen-freeze-smiley-emoticon-000799-large.gif.3045ac13cbde2ebe2cb6bb6b1c2c3c59.gif

A-Jay

If A Jay would leave the snow on the yard he wouldn't have to worry about the grass or the leaves.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me be the first to send my sadness's to those up north.  I just had a thought.....I wonder if it's those guys/gals that drive up our tackle prices in the winter!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mike L said:

It's 82 deg on the Big O!

 

Sorry

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

It is in the low 60's right now where I am in South Florida. Give it a couple days and we will be in the 80's again. Seeing more northern license plates while driving as well so the winter snow bird season has officially started in South Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soflabasser said:

It is in the low 60's right now where I am in South Florida. Give it a couple days and we will be in the 80's again. Seeing more northern license plates while driving as well so the winter snow bird season has officially started in South Florida.

Yep

They're on thier way!!

The campground we're in is filling up fast. 

And with an early snowstorm in the NE it's gonna be even crazier for a lot longer. 

 

 

 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been in the 50's here in the Hilton Head, SC region the past few days and last night the temperatures dropped into the 30's. But at least it's not snow and slush. I really don't miss living in the north.

 

The good thing for us this time of year is that we don't have to run AC or heat and that keeps the electric bill way down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got about 4" of snow, then it changed to rain. Was out this A.M. snow blowing slush. Hate these weather patterns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbmaine said:

 

Got about 4" of snow, then it changed to rain. Was out this A.M. snow blowing slush. Hate these weather patterns!

We are well on our way to good sledding conditions over this way ~ 

Tucker's seemed ready this morning.

Won't be long. 

1002250489_Tuckernovsnowtrail.thumb.jpg.1507eff303f877817bed9394c192010a.jpg

 

A-Jay

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike L said:

Yep

They're on thier way!!

The campground we're in is filling up fast. 

And with an early snowstorm in the NE it's gonna be even crazier for a lot longer. 

 

 

 

 

Mike

Not surprised to hear the campground you are in is filling up with snowbirds. They also like the keys and fill up the campgrounds down there as well. That is how it starts they start visiting down here for the winter and then they eventually move down here for good. I do not blame them since living through the bitter cold winters must be awful at least for someone that enjoys sunny skies, green trees everywhere, and warm water to fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, N Florida Mike said:

Having a cool wave here . It didnt break 70 today. 😎

Ahhhh, go back to your igloo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflabasser said:

Not surprised to hear the campground you are in is filling up with snowbirds. They also like the keys and fill up the campgrounds down there as well. That is how it starts they start visiting down here for the winter and then they eventually move down here for good. I do not blame them since living through the bitter cold winters must be awful at least for someone that enjoys sunny skies, green trees everywhere, and warm water to fish.

Yep

Fishing isn't the only reason we live here!

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have over a foot of snow here now and it’s supposed to keep coming next week. I’m giving up on deer hunting for this year, between work and trying to slog through all this snow, I’m just too tired for any more walking. Guess I’ll give in and deal with winterizing the boat this week 😔.  

304A426B-E1D9-4D77-8774-03689C6A2E20.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Way north bass guy said:

We have over a foot of snow here now and it’s supposed to keep coming next week. I’m giving up on deer hunting for this year, between work and trying to slog through all this snow, I’m just too tired for any more walking. Guess I’ll give in and deal with winterizing the boat this week 😔.  

304A426B-E1D9-4D77-8774-03689C6A2E20.jpeg

Wow that is beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love the snow..

call me weird lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Last_Cast said:

I personally love the snow..

call me weird lol

You’re weird. There, I said it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Way north bass guy said:

You’re weird. There, I said it. 

I take zero offense.

All good lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're on one of our 'winter rollercoasters'. Next few days lows in the single digits, highs in the low twenties, then later in the week, lows in the low twenties, highs near 30.

 

Typical early December for us - oh, and we have a couple inches of snow on the ground and the ice fishermen are setting up portables on the smaller lakes/bays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×