Eastern PA Fishing Reports

7 hours ago, Adam Markley said:

Mannn I just want one over 5 ? I now know first hand about the pigs in GL

Beltzville has some pigs too... I have seen two 8's caught recently and one that was probably close to DD's lost at the yak.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediAmoeba said:

Beltzville has some pigs too... I have seen two 8's caught recently and one that was probably close to DD's lost at the yak.  

d**n I need to get up there and try it. I was just fishing at my cabin and caught 20+ fish in a day biggest was only 2.8 though. 

fished blue marsh for the firsts time the other day. Only a few smaller bass to show. Also got rammed by a jet ski that was flooring it in a no wake are while our boat was docked.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

fished blue marsh for the firsts time the other day. Only a few smaller bass to show. Also got rammed by a jet ski that was flooring it in a no wake are while our boat was docked.

Fricking jet skis 

Fished a tournament Saturday at Promised land state park.  I caught 28 bass, 20 pickerel, a perch and a 17" crappie that was about 2 pounds.  I only managed a bag of 7.25 pounds in all those bass.  Total dink fest but it was fun!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, JediAmoeba said:

Fished a tournament Saturday at Promised land state park.  I caught 28 bass, 20 pickerel, a perch and a 17" crappie that was about 2 pounds.  I only managed a bag of 7.25 pounds in all those bass.  Total dink fest but it was fun!

Mann what there was a tournament?? I caught probably 10 pounds on Saturday morning in a 3 hour span there, how can I get into a promised land tourney? If you could pm me thatd be awesome 

C3F4AE8B-1EE0-458E-AD73-58E5875DDECD.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice, Adam.  My buddies and I usually fish Shohola or they hike into Little Egypt.  They're going up in mid-September and staying on Fairview Lake  I'm going to be grounded because of knee replacement surgery.  I'll keep Promised Land in mind for next May and maybe give it a shot.

51 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Nice, Adam.  My buddies and I usually fish Shohola or they hike into Little Egypt.  They're going up in mid-September and staying on Fairview Lake  I'm going to be grounded because of knee replacement surgery.  I'll keep Promised Land in mind for next May and maybe give it a shot.

Egypt is an awesome lake and I have only heard good things about shahola. I definitely want to try there. Promised land is great, you can usually catch some good numbers there 

• 2 weeks later...

Fished octoraro reservoir tournament two weeks ago, finished 7th out of 30 boats with 6.2 pounds and a 3.1 lb lunker, winning bag was a very solid 11 pounds

• Like 1

my luck is awful, just had a 6+ shake me free on my 3oz wake bait. i treated it like a crank bait and played her light, loosened the drag and reeled into it. apparently i should have stuck her hard and just cranked her in. absolutely sick, my luck has been awful this year

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Adam Markley said:

my luck is awful, just had a 6+ shake me free on my 3oz wake bait. i treated it like a crank bait and played her light, loosened the drag and reeled into it. apparently i should have stuck her hard and just cranked her in. absolutely sick, my luck has been awful this year

Yeah, its actually easier landing swimbait fish on shore than a boat.  Netting them by yourself sucks balls.  I lost an easy 8 pounder a week ago in Beltzville trying to wheel it into the yak and net it in the dark. Those baits weigh too much to screw around 

3 hours ago, JediAmoeba said:

Yeah, its actually easier landing swimbait fish on shore than a boat.  Netting them by yourself sucks balls.  I lost an easy 8 pounder a week ago in Beltzville trying to wheel it into the yak and net it in the dark. Those baits weigh too much to screw around 

lesson learned man, the rod loaded up completely. i shouldve just put the hammer down and swung then cranked her in. tried to play it out and lost my pb. she slurped a big wake like it was nothing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super User

Real nice. Good luck with the boat. See you Sunday. Well most likely not don’t know who I’m looking for, but good luck if your there. 

On 9/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, Bruce424 said:

heres one of the 2 at nockamixon. caught it on a chatterbait was about 4lbs. the other was on buzzbait was about 3 1/2. first couple in my new boat. most of the day was breaking in the motor

Screenshot_20200908-182201_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200908-182910_Gallery.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had enough free time to make the drive up to the nox. On my way I stopped by that shop anglers pro shop for the first time. Very nice selection of megabass. Picked up a few jerk baits and a dark sleeper. The dark sleeper was producing but that weed guard is a joke. But yeah I'll be buying more haha. I'm turning into a megabass fan and it's really hurting the pockets.

937B3249-FA0B-4168-A51D-100D7B9C36DC.png

72B7B5EB-2729-4705-BA40-B233CBD2E1A7.png

C21D2DF9-B85F-4728-947E-B788AA86261D.jpeg

On 10/4/2020 at 10:04 PM, oysterk said:

Any other fall reports? Been a little busy but looking to get back out on the water...

blue marsh has finally gettin turned on. not full swing yet but almost there. past week ive been having some lackluster days. but yesterday caught about 6 bass one was 2.5lb and another was 4lb. a 2ft musky was also caught. i think the wind helped alot. all my fish were on a buzzbait and spinnerbait. wouldnt touch the squarebill or lipless? i actually thought that would be the ticket.hopefully better days will come. hopefully will get to the nock for the fall bite.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I try for some Smallmouth and Walleye near Lancaster?

I have been going to the Falmouth Boat Launch recently but have only been getting a single Walleye after 3-4 hours from the bank each time.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:14 AM, Bruce424 said:

blue marsh has finally gettin turned on. not full swing yet but almost there. past week ive been having some lackluster days. but yesterday caught about 6 bass one was 2.5lb and another was 4lb. a 2ft musky was also caught. i think the wind helped alot. all my fish were on a buzzbait and spinnerbait. wouldnt touch the squarebill or lipless? i actually thought that would be the ticket.hopefully better days will come. hopefully will get to the nock for the fall bite.

That's sweet, from shore?

• Like 1