Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If you all want to discuss Mike Long controversy don't add other site vedios it's against site rules.

Mike Long lost his reputation back in 2014 by falsely taking credit for bass he didn't catch. Mike lost his signature swimbait rod by Dobyns as a direct result. 

Tom

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read the latest article . Hard to believe  someone would go to extreme measures to win tournaments like  that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments on the man's FB page are classic.

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

The comments on the man's FB page are classic.

A-Jay

Of course he hasn't posted anything new that I could see in over a year...think he's hiding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MN Fisher said:

Of course he hasn't posted anything new that I could see in over a year...think he's hiding?

Been working on his newest rig ~ 

Image may contain: text

A-Jay

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A-Jay said:

Been working on his newest rig ~ 

 

A-Jay

That treble ain't big enough for his style of 'fishing'.

 

Also, his own webpage has also been quiet for over a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've talked to a few of guys from California who know him & they all say he has always been that way.

 

Reminds me of the guy from Texas who was on a major roll winning tournaments, sponsorships, signature enforcements, until they found out he was putting weights in fish & even having friends put fish in cages.

 

I don't get people who do things like that 😉

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put's a Giant Black Eye on the sport.

Bassheads who competed within the rules may have been swindled.

Moving forward, any & most all hard earned success experienced by an angler, (especially repeated success) despite being conducted well within the rules, will be questioned - as unfairly at it may seem.  

The whole thing's a hot mess.

Some one should but the man on a suicide watch -  . . 

I can see it coming.

A-Jay

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's replying to almost all of the comments on the YouTube video. He thinks he's real cute smarting off to everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, just sitting here shaking my head. Thumbs up to the author, they really did their homework. I don't feel sorry for Long though, I feel sorry for everyone who fished against him in all those tournaments and never jeopardized their honor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bassin' Brad said:

He's replying to almost all of the comments on the YouTube video. He thinks he's real cute smarting off to everyone. 

That might not actually be him.

Anyone can make up a YT profile and use his pic from any where.

A-Jay

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A-Jay said:

That might not actually be him.

Anyone can make up a YT profile and use his pic from any where.

A-Jay

You're probably right about that. Somebody took the opportunity to troll for awhile....or maybe we should call it snag. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's Mike Long?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

That might not actually be him.

Anyone can make up a YT profile and use his pic from any where.

A-Jay

That's definitely not him. The "I should be banned from YOUR MOM" gave it away. The comments are funny though. 

 

So is he just fishing essentially a "bubba shot" but instead of using a bait he's using a weighted treble hook? I can't tell from the video but is he just sight fishing these large bass and trying to snag them or are they actually being mouth hooked /w the treble?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus guys. My son was pretty interested in him after reading Sowbelly. I just told him and it's like an OJ fan after the Nicole and Ron Goldman murders.

 

I'm wondering how it took so long to put it all together. It makes Weakley, Kurita, etc that much more incredible to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Drew03cmc said:

Jesus guys. My son was pretty interested in him after reading Sowbelly. I just told him and it's like an OJ fan after the Nicole and Ron Goldman murders.

 

I'm wondering how it took so long to put it all together. It makes Weakley, Kurita, etc that much more incredible to me. 

It can take a while to get credible evidence. Word of mouth can only go so far and it sounds like that’s all they had for a long time.  Seems like he was a professional scammer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how his reputation seems to have been built entirely on lies. And like all liars he had to perpetuate the lies to maintain the fake persona he built for himself. Even if it made him rich and famous, I don't understand how someone could live this way, in constant fear of being exposed. His behavior in the article seems like borderline sociopathy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Efishin said:

Was he snagging fish in addition to deceiving others by claiming lake records with others fish? Confused lol

He did a bunch of different things. Snagged bass on different lakes then staged them in areas to pretend he caught them during a tourney. Snagged bass on one lake then brought it to another lake to claim he caught the record there. Took a photo of himself holding another perso ‘s bass then claimed it was his and used it to claim he caught the record on two different lakes. Snagged bass to show he could catch big bass for his social media and promote his sponsors. 

 

The list goes on. 

1 minute ago, Fried Lemons said:

Amazing how his reputation seems to have been built entirely on lies. And like all liars he had to perpetuate the lies to maintain the fake persona he built for himself. Even if it made him rich and famous, I don't understand how someone could live this way, in constant fear of being exposed. His behavior in the article seems like borderline sociopathy.

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He did a bunch of different things. Snagged bass on different lakes then staged them in areas to pretend he caught them during a tourney. Snagged bass on one lake then brought it to another lake to claim he caught the record there. Took a photo of himself holding another perso ‘s bass then claimed it was his and used it to claim he caught the record on two different lakes. Snagged bass to show he could catch big bass for his social media and promote his sponsors. 

 

The list goes on. 

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong. 

Dang. I always heard of Mike Long and his association with Dobyns rods, but I never knew that he was this type of character. Bad look for Dobyns....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's clown behavior like that that puts people like me (Aspergers) in a tough and stressful position of lie detector tests should I ever achieve my dreams. Rules, laws, and warnings exist for a reason: because it's been done, and those immoral people screw it up for others.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That SDFish article on him is 9 pages of AMAZING writing and journalism. I found it even more entertaining than the youtube video. 

 

The levels that guy went to to cheat in tournaments & setting lake records was pretty amazing. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...