Jump to content

Your License(s) Costs


Spankey

Recommended Posts

  • Super User
3 hours ago, GaryH said:

That’s why since I got my senior license I only get my trout stamp for 5 years. 

That’s what I’ll do also. Or 2 or 3 year or whatever they have available. 
 

When my father-in-law and my dad got their senior lifetime it carried the trout stamp right along. They had no renewal on the trout stamp. 
 

My trout fishing buddy from town (just passed, r.i.p.) was only into his lifetime a couple of years. All he talked about for years was getting that lifetime. 
 

Blew past DICK’S today to pick my 2023 up today. Their computer and printer were down. Dicks at Dick’s to be expected. I’ll get it at the hardware store in the morning. I can do it online at home but I want the printout and my regs. book. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In North Carolina use to be at 55 you could get a free lifetime license, then they moved it up to 65 (I think) then they did away with it all together. So I bought a lifetime license between 55-60 my age (can't remember how old I actually was) it cost 32 dollars for fresh and salt water.  I haven't paid for a license in a long time!  Best thing to do is buy your children and grandchildren a lifetime license when they are babies, it's cheaper that way. 

Yep I have a Senior Lifetime N.C. fishing license and I'm proud I do.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just renewed my Ontario (Canada) resident "sport fishing" license, at $80/3 years.  I could have got the 3 yr. "conservation" fishing license (reduced limits for keeping most species of fish) for $45/3 years but prefer the increased limit for salmon and walleye, when opportunity arises.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
19 hours ago, Will Ketchum said:

I have had a senior lifetime license for about 18 years now. I still carry it on my fishing cap and it's faded and almost unreadable. When I bought it, I also got a laminated wallet license.

Picked it up at hardware store this morning. In and out in no time.  $32.94 for 2023, I think it was up a few cents since last year. I’m getting it late and down to the last day of the year. I usually get it Dec. 1st. Give or take a day or so. We run from Jan. 1st. - Dec. 31st like the calendar year. New purchase or renewal comes/starts Dec. 1st.  
 

I’ll be 64 in May. Still have to wait for Senior Lifetime one more year. Thought it would have been 2 year wait but gal doing my license said it will be next year because I’ll be 65 in that year. I’ll have to see it to believe it. Not saying I don’t believe her BUT. I can’t wait until my birthday to buy my license, I’d be fishing illegal for too many days. I can’t take that chance nor do I want to. It’s all good regardless. 
 

Here in PA you don’t have to display your license on the outside anymore, but have to have it on your possession. I still display on my outside in a license holder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
28 minutes ago, Spankey said:

Picked it up at hardware store this morning. In and out in no time.  $32.94 for 2023, I think it was up a few cents since last year. I’m getting it late and down to the last day of the year. I usually get it Dec. 1st. Give or take a day or so. We run from Jan. 1st. - Dec. 31st like the calendar year. New purchase or renewal comes/starts Dec. 1st.  
 

I’ll be 64 in May. Still have to wait for Senior Lifetime one more year. Thought it would have been 2 year wait but gal doing my license said it will be next year because I’ll be 65 in that year. I’ll have to see it to believe it. Not saying I don’t believe her BUT. I can’t wait until my birthday to buy my license, I’d be fishing illegal for too many days. I can’t take that chance nor do I want to. It’s all good regardless. 
 

Here in PA you don’t have to display your license on the outside anymore, but have to have it on your possession. I still display on my outside in a license holder. 

My brother said it’s 62 degrees in PA today but he also sent a video of his daughter chucking ice onto what she thought was a puddle but it was more ice 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
45 minutes ago, TnRiver46 said:

My brother said it’s 62 degrees in PA today but he also sent a video of his daughter chucking ice onto what she thought was a puddle but it was more ice 

Not sure if it was 62 today but close. About 55 on was back from grocery a bit ago. No wind. About the same tomorrow. Hard to believe with the deep freeze we were just in. The hard water we had will be gone. Suppose to rain Saturday and remain a bit warm for a few days. May help some duck hunting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Senior lifetime license here in Indiana is $23. Yearly is only $3. If you last until age 79, you no longer need a license.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arkansas basic fishing license is $10.50, $5.00 more for the trout stamp.  Being retired military I was able to get a lifetime license for $10.50 at age 60. All others are able to get the lifetime license at 65 for the same price.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

My brother said it’s 62 degrees in PA today but he also sent a video of his daughter chucking ice onto what she thought was a puddle but it was more ice 

Depends what part of Pa. It’s 36 here 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TnRiver46 said:

He’s in Philly 

Yea big difference. I’m 200 miles northwest of him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TnRiver46 said:

You make some tracks buddy, thought you lived somewhere west of me haha

I wish. Wife and I have been looking at Dale Hollow area. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
Just now, GaryH said:

I wish. Wife and I have been looking at Dale Hollow area. 

It’s probably about as cold as NW PA on dale hollow haha. The Cumberland plateau is one heck of a micro climate as you know, colder than surrounding areas 100% of the time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

He’s in Philly 

I am about an 1.5 a little more depending on traffic from Philly. It’s a whole different world here than Philly area most times. We used to almost always ride motocross in Wilmington, DE all winter because it stayed more mild there. Weather is determined here by the mountain. Not as bad as NW pa though. You can keep that. @GaryH

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Yearly resident here in Iowa is $22. I bought the 3 year angler special for $62...and for $6 extra I upgraded from a paper license to a hard card similar to a drivers license. So $68 for 3 years...just under $23 a year. I for sure fish 100 times a year..that's cheap entertainment.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
16 minutes ago, DitchPanda said:

Yearly resident here in Iowa is $22. I bought the 3 year angler special for $62...and for $6 extra I upgraded from a paper license to a hard card similar to a drivers license. So $68 for 3 years...just under $23 a year. I for sure fish 100 times a year..that's cheap entertainment.

Color me jealous. Your LM fishing is better too haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 minute ago, TnRiver46 said:

Color me jealous. Your LM fishing is better too haha

Tell me about it. I have no complaints about $33.00 but some states are very reasonable and have better bass fishing on average than me locally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just under $1000 for a lifetime hunt & fishing license in KS. Bought it a year or two ago. I just hate how they nickel and dime you, because I still have to buy a state and federal duck stamp, trout permit if I want to trout fish, boat registration, park vehicle passes to launch the boat in a state park, and and “private lake” fees if I want to fish a couple county owned lakes.

 

When I did the math, a lifetime would pay itself off in about 18 years. But we also know permit prices will go up 5, 10, 15 years down the road.

 

I should’ve done it sooner than ~32, but I always feared I’d buy one then move out of state or get too busy and not have time to fish or hunt, etc.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.