Sign in to follow this  
Syfer420

How much do you think this bass weighs?

I dont have a scale or ruler didnt think i was gonna catch much at this pond anyway, but i cought a decent one. How much does anyone estimate this bass to weigh?

post-6181-130163005267_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the boards. I would guess about the same as "tmacdaddy055", 3 1/2 to 4lbs. Nice bass.

3-4ish

in the toolbar above, under "tacklebox' there is a "fish calculator" where you plug in the length and girth and it gives you the approx. weight. You can use that as a reference till you get a scale.

Looks like you got plenty of replies on that fish's weight.Regardless,that's a nice fish.So,did she put up a good fight,jump,tailwalk?

And by the way,Welcome to Bass Resource! Cj

Welcome from another newbie here!  Id guess 2.5 to 3 pounds max.  About the size I usually catch when I catch a decent fish.  They fight good still dont they???  Keep up the good work!

DannyG

If you hold it waaay out toward the camera it'll look like a five-pounder. I learned that watchin' Jimmy Houston. ;D

JUST A THOUGHT, THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE OUT FISHING AND DON'T HAVE A SCALE OR A RULER, YOU CAN MEASURE THE FISH USING YOUR FISHING LINE. ONE PIECE FOR THE LENGTH AND ONE FOR THE GIRTH. THEN FEED THE DIMENSIONS INTO THE FISH WEIGHT CALCULATOR.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

I am more of an optimist...I'll give you credit for a 4lber.  Great job!!!

I would say it's bigger than 2.5lbs I just caught a 2.5lb Bass at Black Lake, NY it looks smaller than that so I'll say about 3.0 to 3.5lbs. :)

Welcome aboard!

It is very difficult to estimate weight from a picture, sometimes they look smaller, sometimes bigger than they really are. That said, I'm pretty much in agreement with most of the respondants, either side of 3 lbs.