*Hank

Least Expensive Combo.

What is your least expensive combo? (casting or spinning).

Mine is a shimano Sedona w/ a berkley lightning rod-$110,

What's yours?....

I have an old BPS Tourney Special casting combo from when it was a red reel and a cork grip rod. I think it was like $50 on sale. I have some 14lbs Big Game on it. Works ok for when I just want something I can bang around or throw in the back of the truck.

Cabelas fish eagle spinning combo $30. First combo I picked up this last spring after not fishing for 15 years. Then I got hooked and the bait monkey got hold of me. Now, I just got a Calcutta D and LTB for swim baits. Didn't take long for fishing to get out of control. Ha.

Shimano Clarus + Shimano Sahara 2500 = 120 bones.

H2O Mettle on sale $29.95; Academy Ethos 7'H Rod on sale $39.95 two years ago, still working great.

My least expensive combo is this Duckett rod with a Speed Spin reel spoiled with 15# generic braid. The entire rig including bait was under $150!

Ironically the fish didn't care.

FE4D144C-EFD4-4987-9829-6EDC49FAB4C9_zps

• Like 1

Pflueger trion ($40) and a shimano crucial I got on clearance at dsg for $65 for a total of $105.  This is the cheapest combo that I actually use.  I have cheaper ones that I don't use like the cabelas pro guide/shakespeare agility casting combo for $39. 

For bass....

Fenwick Elite Tech MH 7'3" small mouth rod and a Shimano Calcutta 251.  Both both on clearance, $100 for the rod and $35 for the reel.

For bluegill and such........

Daiwa silver spincast combo.  $35 

$15 2pc Shakespeare Excursion rod

$30 Shimano Sienna spinning reel

It's the Indian not the arrow.

• Like 2

St Croix Premier 6'6" MHF Lew's BB1 w/30# 832 a pikes nightmare with Bucktails. 

Not for bass neccesarily but I picked up an older Mitchell ultralight spinning combo at a thrift shop for $7. Got me into the whole ultralight thing for a while and still one of my favourite light rods to this day. 

I have some cheaper ones but the cheapest one I use regularly for bass is an H2O combo. Bought the rod and reel both on sale, a Mettle for $29, Ethos micro guide for $59, out the door for right at $100 with tax. Probably my favorite jerkbait combo I've ever owned. 

Dobyns champ 734 with a curado 201 e7

Cuban Yo Yo $2.49, Shakespere mono $3.00, hook and sinker I found on he ground.

Cuban Yo Yo $2.49, Shakespere mono $3.00, hook and sinker I found on he ground.  And I really do have one.

post-18019-0-99071700-1419413656_thumb.j

• Like 1

Cuban Yo Yo $2.49, Shakespere mono $3.00, hook and sinker I found on he ground.  And I really do have one.

I'm sure you see it a lot around there too but I see a lot of pop bottles with line wrapped around them, same concept. 

• Like 1

Casting: 7' MH  Berkley lightning rod shock $30 on clearance from Wal-mart, and a NIB Daiwa Exceler 100SHL reel, $55 with free shipping from ebay

Spinning: 7 M Berkley lightning rod shock, also $30 on clearance from Wal-Mart, and a NIB Pflueger Trion  30 spinning reel for $30

I'm sure you see it a lot around there too but I see a lot of pop bottles with line wrapped around them, same concept.

Personally I prefer aluminium cans with some pebbles inside, they rattle when the fish runs with the bait, and I ain't joking, I do fish for carp with mexican yo-yos.

Personally I prefer aluminium cans with some pebbles inside, they rattle when the fish runs with the bait, and I ain't joking, I do fish for carp with mexican yo-yos.

I can't quite picture you fishing that gear.

:xmas-tree-070:

As mentioned in the other thread, a 6' MH Berkley Lightning for $17 + tax and a Daiwa Procaster 100HN for $30 on closeout.  Awesome spinnerbait combo.  I did get a free Cabela's TXS XXI 7' Jig & Rig spinning rod when I bought a casting rod from the classifieds.  My grandson uses it with a spinning reel I bought new 30-40 years ago....a Shimano AX2000.  No idea what I paid for it.