Sign in to follow this  
Bigbass37

Best All Around Soft Plastic Rod

Opinions on best all around soft plastic bait caster (excluding drop shot, shakey head, etc) Thanks!

The one on the deck of my boat & no you can't use it!

• Like 4

Shimano Cumara HM1 7'2" Med./Ext. Fast, scary what you can feel with it. Brian.

Any G. Loomis NRX rod you select.

• Like 1

This is a fairly vague question... But I can't stress enough that the best rod is the rod YOU like the best. It may feel great to you but feel like junk to someone else and vice versa. 

• Like 1

I have two:

Shimano BCR893C/ Curado 50E/ Yo-Zuri Hybrid #6

Pinnacle DHC7-731CAH/ Primmus/ TUF-Line Tournament 8/ Tatsu leader

Currently on sale for $228.88

:party-096:

For me it's a 7ft mh/f Fenwick Techna A/V w/Curado E7 and 15# Invisex.

I'm probably gonna re spool with 12# or 15# Tatsu and try it.

Mike

I got too many that I use. If I had to take one and one only, it would be my DX742 and Chronarch d with a shallow avail spool and 10lb sniper. That's unweighted plastics of course. Weighted would be a whole different setup

I have a Falcon Cara micro in the finesse jig that is quiet impressive. Using a Curado 50E and 10lbs InvizX on it. It is also my lightest combo.

I also like my dx742c. I had a 744c that I really liked a lot too,but I am trying out the old black cumara. I haven't had much chance to fish it yet, but it does feel better in hand with my reels so far.

My most versatile rod is probably my 7' M Abu Vendetta casting rod. Other than deep cranking, punching mats, and frogging heavy slop, it does everything. May not be the best tool for some individual task's, but it'll work........and it don't break the bank at $80.

Opinions on best all around soft plastic bait caster (excluding drop shot, shakey head, etc) Thanks!

Select your soft plastic rod to match the cover or structure, the line strength, weight size and hook wire dia/ size. If you are using 12-15 lb line, fishing light to moderate cover, with 3/16-1/2 oz weight and standard worm hooks 3/0-4/0, a 3 to 4 power (MH), fast action, 7' jig/worm rod should work....your basic bass rod.

Don't under power weedless rigged soft plastic, you will miss too many hook sets.

Tom

• Like 2

I'm not going into makes and models, but I like a 6'-6" or 7' Heavy with a fast tip.  I like to fish right in the middle of weeds, and you never know when you are going to have to pull up a ton of weeds with the fish. 

• Like 1

I use a st croix LTB Med-fast 7'1" and love it

I'm not going into makes and models, but I like a 6'-6" or 7' Heavy with a fast tip.  I like to fish right in the middle of weeds, and you never know when you are going to have to pull up a ton of weeds with the fish. 

Ditto, 6'6'' or 7' Heavy or Medium Heavy with a Fast action. But if you must know my opinion on particular brand, I stand by anything Falcon.