Jump to content
austinF

What percentage of your fishing tackle purchases are made online?

Recommended Posts

I'm curious what everyone's general purchase preference when buying fishing tackle.

For me, about 70% online. Not only for fishing tackle, i buy most things online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90%, because there are no local tackle shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95%

 

I live in a rural area.  It's 25 miles to the nearest places that have tackle, and they are almost all big chain stores I prefer not to do business with.

 

Tight lines,

Bob

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only about 10% for me. Most of my tackle comes from a nearby Walmart. I do have a BPS and Cabela's within an hours drive of me. Its 2 hrs to the nearest small bait and tackle shop but its worth the travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to be close to 90 % anyway.

Maybe even 95%.

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90-95%. Prices are cheaper and shipping is free, doesn't make any sense to drive an hour to Bass pro or Cabelas. I do buy some stuff at Academy or the local shop once in a while though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99%, the other 1% is the occasional find at Wal-Mart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95% and usually exclusive to when they have sales. Sometimes my local Academy has some Sales I  take advantage of but the big box stores are just too expensive compared to the many online stores. Many of the fishing companies, especially like Keitech, Jig Companies, Rapala  etc.  have their own online stores too and you can find items, colors, sizes, etc. you can’t find either in a store or at TW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 50/50 for me, a lot of my stuff comes from the good ol walmart down the street or mystery tackle box/TW :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughly 50%

 

I work to support two main local businesses. One considersbly larger (with 2 locations) and the other being a real small bait & tackle.

 

Both places are more expensive than what I can find online, but between convenience and the fact their both family owned and local, it makes it easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some ppl order groceries now on line! I haven’t went that far yet but that’s just crazy man crazy !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95% tackle warehouse

4% used swim baits

1% bps down the road only in an emergency.  Yeah I know but there is such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of my purchases are online simply because its the only way to get what I want . I did get two jigs and a pack of worms today at the Farm store .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 95% online for me also. Not much available locally or I would support them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably 75% of my purchases are online. American Legacy Fishing is local for me and I've bought things there. The rest of my purchases are a mix of Academy/Wal-Mart/Dick's. I actually was in Dick's today and left with a few things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Around 80% for me.   I used to order a bunch from the Cabelas bargain Cave, but lately, that gas been a mess.   Probably spend less money this way.   I tend to shop around for deals.   Tackle Warehouse, Dicks, etc.   I usually only buy on sale items.   The other 20% is giving the business to a storefront like Cabelas, Fleet Farm, or Bass Pro, or local tackle shop.    It's fun to be able to look around and handle some stuff.   I figure I owe them some business to offer me that opportunity.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank God it’s like 95% ...... I can think and rethink, add to the cart and three days later remove stuff I don’t need, sure, nothing beats the allure of being at the store but in store purchases turn out catastrophic, guess you fellas have never seen the purty lady in American Express card being beat the living schnitz out of her, not a purty sight, had to put her in the ER after my last visit to BPS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% : tacklewarehouse and fishing forums. 

10% is the occasional emergency at BPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero %  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rough guess..

 

20% - Walmart

60% - Academy

20% - Online 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost like Catt.....prefer going into a local tackle store like I did in the good ol days.  Like to BS with others and support a place where if I need something quick it's usually there.  Pretty rare for me to order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×