Harold Scoggins

BUYING NON-RESIDENT FISHING LICENSES ONLINE

I got so frustrated trying to buy non-resident licenses for multiple states this morning, I felt like taking a hammer to the laptop. I always purchase for the year as it is cheaper than buying by the day as I usually will spend 1-2 weeks at a lake. Some state sites work good, others not so good. I wish the Department of the Interior or other agency would host one site where a person could go and make multiple state purchases. Maybe it's just one of those days.:stupid:

602.jpg

Fortunately for me besides my resident Kansas License, the only other license I buy is for Missouri.

their website is surprisingly simple.

My Issue is, 2 of the lakes I fish are managed by the counties instead of the state. They charge individual fees for boating and fishing.

I pay around $175.00 a year extra for those 2 lakes.

• Like 2

here in VT, I get mine online as it is pretty painless. Quick trip across the border i get my Nh license at a Walmart. When i go to RI I go to a local tackle shop, it seems a little easier. A couple of years back I needed my Maryland license I remember it being a bit annoying to get in online. All in all, I'd rather deal with that hassle than engaging in an awkward convo with a game warden.

20 hours ago, Russ E said:

Missouri.

their website is surprisingly simple.

Yes, Missouri turned out to be painless. So did Illinois, but Virginia, Georgia, and Texas was giving me a headache. Might have been my server, but those sites would eventually take me to blank pages. I'll try again in a couple of days or maybe I'll call and see if I can do it over the phone.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  I get Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan online without a problem.  

Currently:  TN, MS, AR, MO and AL. Additionally over the past two years, TX, LA and KY.

Never had an issue.

:fishing-026:

I buy a non resident annual license for Wisconsin every year. It's easier than getting a resident license for Illinois. 

• Like 1

My biggest problem when i buy non-resident licenses is the constant barrage of emails from those states after I've fished there.  I went to Maine two years ago and we stayed on the water, so I bought a license.  I still get emails from them all the time.  And don't even get me started on Oklahoma, they send me emails at least weekly and I get them in triplicate since my email address at work has changed twice, but I still receive everything that comes to the old addresses.  

On 3/24/2019 at 9:49 AM, slonezp said:

I buy a non resident annual license for Wisconsin every year. It's easier than getting a resident license for Illinois. 

I find both to be pretty easy, but Wisconsin definitely seems smoother.

I feel like states where fishing is a big tourist draw have far better sites then those that dont.  I travel for work all the time and if there is a pond/lake/river/whatever within site of my hotel I will try to buy a license and fish. 

I just sign up my fishing licence on my "spam emails" so that way they just get it there.

Sometimes I just miss the interaction with people. so I let it expire for me to go out out to basspro shop and order it htere.