Jump to content

2023, your first catch picture of the new year.


Darnold335
 Share

Recommended Posts

With 2023 approaching us quickly, I wanted to start a thread for everyone to post their first bass of 2023. Big or small show it off proudly! Let’s get the new year fishing monkey off our backs. I am getting out on the susky tomorrow and Monday. Hopefully I can contribute to this sooner rather than later. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Be a while before you see anything from me. Bass season here closes before the ice on the lakes disappears - and doesn't open until the middle of May.

 

So 4-1/2 months before I get a chance to post something here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I'll be spotting many of you bassheads quite a head start.

So for now, I'm just going to drop this one off as comic relief . . . 

post-13860-0-41330000-1386045030_thumb.jpg

Get one for me.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
25 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I'll be spotting many of you bassheads quite a head start.

So for now, I'm just going to drop this one off as comic relief . . . 

post-13860-0-41330000-1386045030_thumb.jpg

Get one for me.

:smiley:

A-Jay

How much drag did that monster pull before you got it in the net? :laugh5:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
9 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

How much drag did that monster pull before you got it in the net? :laugh5:

Not sure but my thumb is really cramping right there

🤪

A-Jay

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
15 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Not sure but my thumb is really cramping right there

🤪

A-Jay

I didn't use my thumb with my 'beast' this past year...just cradled it.

image.thumb.jpeg.a28ec13417583480a37af4c716189203.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 hour ago, ol'crickety said:

Being a Yankee, I don't know if this thread is cool or cruel. Here's me trying to fish today:

Don't feel bad - the local crappie 'pond' (Black Lake) is now the Township of Black Lake.  A dozen to dozen-and-a-half 'permanent' ice-shantys are now up, and people are parking their cars next to their shanty...with the area near shore a virtual parking lot for the tent and open ice-fishers who are fishing in any open space they can find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Don't feel bad - the local crappie 'pond' (Black Lake) is now the Township of Black Lake.  A dozen to dozen-and-a-half 'permanent' ice-shantys are now up, and people are parking their cars next to their shanty...with the area near shore a virtual parking lot for the tent and open ice-fishers who are fishing in any open space they can find.

 

Yikes, I wouldn't like that. I'm picturing it as this:

 

Germany Football GIF by FIFA

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
Just now, ol'crickety said:

 

Yikes, I wouldn't like that. I'm picturing it as this:

 

Germany Football GIF by FIFA

Not far off....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ol'crickety said:

Being a Yankee, I don't know if this thread is cool or cruel. Here's me trying to fish today:

 

Slipping Falling Down GIF

Half the susky was rolling ice on Thursday. The other half was open. I am hoping/thinking it should be cleared out mostly by now. When I bought my new fishing license the owner at the bait shop said people were ice fishing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Much love and envy for my southern fishing brethren.
 

As a northerner that doesn’t and won’t ice fish I will have to wait a long time to contribute to this thread. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be working and probably wont have a chance to fish for bass for a couple months.  Can I post a picture of my first marlin of 2023?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, king fisher said:

I will be working and probably wont have a chance to fish for bass for a couple months.  Can I post a picture of my first marlin of 2023?

Odds on it being a White vs Stripe vs Blue?    I want to go to Panama for a Black....or if hit the lottery Australia for the true giants 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
50 minutes ago, NYWayfarer said:

Much love and envy for my southern fishing brethren.
 

As a northerner that doesn’t and won’t ice fish I will have to wait a long time to contribute to this thread. 

Well us southerners aren’t allowed to contribute to all your tackle prep threads so we are even hahaha

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

Odds on it being a White vs Stripe vs Blue?    I want to go to Panama for a Black....or if hit the lottery Australia for the true giants 

I wont be fishing for them until mid January.  My boss wants to go to Bara De Navidad for a week around the 18 th.  We will catch, lots of striped marlin, and should get a blue or two.  Blacks are mostly gone from this part of the pacific, by the end of December.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, king fisher said:

I will be working and probably wont have a chance to fish for bass for a couple months.  Can I post a picture of my first marlin of 2023?

I’ll allow it haha 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
1 hour ago, king fisher said:

I will be working and probably wont have a chance to fish for bass for a couple months.  Can I post a picture of my first marlin of 2023?

Only if you reel it in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
1 minute ago, king fisher said:

I will be driving the boat for the marlin. I might have to reel in a tuna.

Julia Child Fish GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


  • Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...