Shimano vs daiwa $150 casting reel

10 hours ago, MediumMouthBass said:

I have a Zillion, Tatula SV TW, SLX MGL, on Aird X rods i got for $33. I get laughed at but it works and works great. So $100 reels on a $190 rod is fine.

And as a person who has both the Fuego and SLX A thats a great idea. They are both very durable, and feel very heavy duty. The Fuego is a bit better for that type of fishing tho, but both are excellent choices, go with whatever ones on sale for cheaper. Unless you only like those 2 brands the LFS goes on sale alot for around $60. Its just as good. I actually have my SLX (old one not A), LFS, and Fuego CT for fishing grass and lily pads. I switch them out every few months and dont have a favorite. All do great.

I ended up going with the SLX 70, I hope it will work well for me as an all around reel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August said:

I ended up going with the SLX 70, I hope it will work well for me as an all around reel

30-40lb braid will make it a great all around reel, just more capable of being better at lighter and heavier baits. And everything inbetween.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MediumMouthBass said:

30-40lb braid will make it a great all around reel, just more capable of being better at lighter and heavier baits. And everything inbetween.

I’m a big fan of braid to a leader so that won’t be an issue 👍

1 hour ago, August said:

It’s a fine reel. You will be satisfied. 

• Super User
4 minutes ago, GReb said:

It’s a fine reel. You will be satisfied. 

I agree, but as I pointed out earlier, check line diameters before buying.  You can almost empty the spool on a size 70 reel with the right rod/lure with line in the .012 diameter area.  Personally I like more than 2-4 yards left on a long cast.