BASSnRacks

Kept a bass and regretted it??

Have you ever kept some fish you've caught and later regretted keeping them? Came across some older photos of a few fish I wish we're still swimming around. Unfortunately excitement got the best of me and I didn't know how long it took some of those fish to mature.

All bass are quickly photographed and released to swim another day now.

I let them all go for that reason. I want a mount someday but I think it will be a replica I'll just take measurements. 

No regerts . 

• Like 17

Might be locked away, but the other thread isn't even cold yet....lol

In the big scheme of things.. With how many people fish and keep anything they catch, me keeping the very few fish I have kept would have made no difference. Everyone up here will keep anything that is the legal length..

I don't ever keep fish per say. If a catch a nice one I will take a picture and release it. In some area's I fish I will remove smaller fish every now and then to keep the population down. These are private ponds and a smaller 36 acre lake that my buddy owns. I know these places pretty well and if I do not remove some fish throughtout the year it will become stunted. I will put them in a livewell cooler I created and take them to another pond and release them

• Like 1

Did we not just have this type of thread locked down!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Choporoz said:

Might be locked away, but the other thread isn't even cold yet....lol

Sorry guys didn't see the other thread. I've lurked here for several years and have never seen this asked.

I use to keep some but now I only eat them if i don't think they will survive, like a really bad gut or gill hook. Then I'll filet them just so they don't go to waste because I feel bad letting them go knowing they will die anyways. 

1 hour ago, scaleface said:

No regerts . 

Sorry, I was eating a snickers...

I saw that and it gave me a chuckle LOL !!

As for the bass, I always practice C.P.R. With the exception of tournament fishing, there are some that I wish I would have measured  along with weighing and had some replicas made, as for keeping any, if for some reason the bass expires in my livewell I will keep those.

Here lie the bass that @BASSnRacks killed in cold blood.

RIP

Just kidding, as others have said it's all good. I'm glad you practice catch and release now, but as we all know it's not hurting anything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catt said:

Did we not just have this type of thread locked down!

They always get locked down

• Like 3

I have enjoyed greatly every single bass that I have taken to meet Mrs Frying pan.

If taking away a fish causes you discomfort look for another hobby.

• Like 12

All my regrets have to do with Women, Whiskey, and air strikes...

I don't keep bass, but have no regrets about the trout that met their demise with my cornmeal and frying pan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BASSnRacks said:

Sorry guys didn't see the other thread. I've lurked here for several years and have never seen this asked.

ROFLMAO ;)

Several years huh?

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Catt said:

ROFLMAO ;)

Several years huh?

Yes, I've had two accounts on here before but i very rarely post on any board I'm on. I've forgot the usernames and emails because I tend to create an email used solely for a specific website. 

1 minute ago, BASSnRacks said:

Yes, I've had two accounts on here before but i very rarely post on any board I'm on. I've forgot the usernames and emails because I tend to create an email used solely for a specific website. 

And in seven years ya never saw a thread on keeping bass or anything related to it?

• Like 1

Big fish always go back.  Keeping some eaters here and there doesn't hurt...actually usually helps.

1 hour ago, Catt said:

And in seven years ya never saw a thread on keeping bass or anything related to it?

For us new guys, it's not hard to tell why these threads keep getting locked!

To the OP: I keep a few bass out of the lakes without ever having any regret but none are ever 3lbs or over. If I'm wanting to keep many fish, I usually hit an overstocked pond.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chomped said:

For us new guys, it's not hard to tell why these threads keep getting locked!

For us older guys, when we see

"Yes, I've had two accounts on here before but i very rarely post on any board I'm on. I've forgot the usernames and emails because I tend to create an email used solely for a specific website."

We tend to look at em a little funny!

Not accusing anyone of anything, just saying!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BASSnRacks said:

Yes, I've had two accounts on here before

This is forbidden and can actually get you banned.  Fortunately, I could find no other accounts associated with your IP, so you're good.  Just know that having more than one account is verboten.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catt said:

For us older guys, when we see

"Yes, I've had two accounts on here before but i very rarely post on any board I'm on. I've forgot the usernames and emails because I tend to create an email used solely for a specific website."

We tend to look at em a little funny!

Not accusing anyone of anything, just saying!

I can understand looking at them a little funny, but is there really a need to try to call them out on the open board? I'm sure if he is stirring the pot, we would all know soon enough!

1 hour ago, J Francho said:

This is forbidden and can actually get you banned.  Fortunately, I could find no other accounts associated with your IP, so you're good.  Just know that having more than one account is verboten.

4 hours ago, BASSnRacks said:

The eyes of Francho are upon you sir, be afraid, be VERY AFRAID!!! 

• Like 3

Lol, member first, mod last!

• Like 3

l

1 hour ago, Chomped said:

I can understand looking at them a little funny, but is there really a need to try to call them out on the open board? I'm sure if he is stirring the pot, we would all know soon enough!

Mr. BASSnRacks is welcome here, as is anyone else!

Re-read everyone else's comments & ask yourself if I was the only one who went again!

I got to over 17,000 post mainly from welcoming new members during the early years of this site.

• Like 2