ChrisD46

Favorite Senko / Stick Worm Colors ?

With new colors out for awhile (especially Senko) what are your favorite say 3 to 5 best colors to handle all conditions you face ? Lastly , any new colors that are on your wish list to try this season ? Thanks in advance ...

Watermelon Neon & Black Blue tip ;)

• Like 1

Dark and natural colors. Black, black/blue, green pumpkin, smoke, watermelon, cinnamon, etc.

cloudy days: watermelon seed.

Sunny days: Watermelon red

low light: June bug,or darker colors.

I have had a good bite occasionally on the grape with green sparkle and chartreuse tail also.

Talking fairly clear water for these.

For the Yamamoto senkos these may not be the named color but try to get the closest to these you can.

• Like 1

White with silver flake, by far most consistent producer for Smallmouth in the Mississippi River. It also has produced some nice LM Bass for us in lakes as has Bubblegum.

• Like 1

Black/blue flake, red shad, anything that starts with watermelon, pearl/black flake. I don't think the fish have a favorite though, every time I find one on the bank, I throw it for S&Gs, and more times than not I catch fish with colors I'd never buy.

Black/ blue

green pumpkin 

june bug

black/ blue has produced in almost every situation

• Like 2

Gin clear : Watermelon candy on sunny/blue bird days, green pumpkin on cloudy days

Lightly stained water: Green pumpkin on sunny/bluebird days, green pumpkin w/chart. tip on cloudy days

Green algae bloom stained water: Green pumpkin w/chart. tip on sunny/blue bird days, black and blue on cloudy days

Muddy water: Black and blue all the time

Wild cards: White for late summer/early fall when the algae blooms start to fade as all the bait in the bait in this color water seems to be "washed out" in color from being in low light conditions for weeks on end  and white just seems to produce hogs this time of year. Bubble gum for bed fishing, and some lakes I go to watermelon red flake out fishes everything else in clear water.

This is pretty much my formula for ALL soft plastics, not just senko/stick bait type worms. 

• Like 2

Prefer more natural colors/variations:

Watermelon magic

Greenpumpkins

June bug

Trying out a YUM laminate gp/junebug that looks

absolutely delish. No bass yet, but I have great

expectations :) 

• Like 1

I use mostly Yamamoto senkos and my favorite colors are in no particular order:

Baby bass (basically shad I think)

Black

Green and white

Most of the bass I've caught on senkos where with one of these colors.  I've found myself going to different baits more recently such as spinner baits, cranks and top water so I haven't had to fight with the bait monkey as much on the senko front.  Other baits?  Not so much.

For me, any green pumpkin or black and blue variation will get the job done depending on conditions. Though I do have a soft spot in my heart for pb&j senkos.

• Like 1

I'm a simpleton with stickbaits in terms of colors. GYS 5" Green Pumpkin with Black Flake #297 is my vote.

• Like 1

Green pumpkin watermelon seed laminate 

Green pumpkin, junebug, and watermelon candy work pretty much all the time for me.

For muddy/stained waters like the Mississippi or Waubay area - both for smallmouth - Yamasenko Blue Pearl (basically white) with Silver fleck. 

For all waters and for either large or smallmouth - Kalin Wac-O-Worm in Baby Bass.  

Gander brand bluegill laminate was very good to me last year other then that it was the basics new to me this year which I'm excited to try is the sugar sticks from field and stream got a few colors to try out but I think the blue green pumpkin color will be a good one.  Kinda weird not sure why but they use sugar instead of salt I guess 

There are so many options I've narrowed mine down to just a few so I don't go crazy every time I look at them.

Firetiger

Junebug

Watermelon/Blk Flake

Red

2 minutes ago, dsqui said:

Gander brand bluegill laminate was very good to me last year other then that it was the basics new to me this year which I'm excited to try is the sugar sticks from field and stream got a few colors to try out but I think the blue green pumpkin color will be a good one.  Kinda weird not sure why but they use sugar instead of salt I guess 

Sugar is just a didn't flavor to try vs. salt.  I did try a bag once though and notice they are much lighter and don't sink very quickly unless using some weight.  Seemed more durable than salted though...

From the number of responses and the variety of colors listed, it kind of confirms my thoughts that color is not very important. I fish plastic stickbaits a lot and I'll often switch colors every time I need to change the bait. I never noticed a drop off in the catch rates while doing this

• Like 2

In no particular order watermelon red, green pumpkin with black flakes, black with blue tip, junebug

• Like 2

Green Pumpkin

Green pumpkin w/ chartreuse tip.

That's it -- all I need.

• Like 3