Jump to content
clh121787

Sinko or saynko how do you say it?

Recommended Posts

Idk why but saynko just bothers me. It's almost as bad as supposeBly

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senko with an emphasis on the N

 

Here's another Libarry 

 

One more...my son is in his second year of elementree school

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to say "Sinko", but now I usually say "Big Bite Trick Stick"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jigfishn10 said:

Senko

 

Sen as in the Japanese currency Yen

 

k as in a called or swinging strike :)

 

o as in Oh my, I can't believe I'm posting this

 

SENKO

Lol I couldn't believe I did either but listen to Mr. Yammamoto......I think it's more his accent but who knows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pronounce it "fish catching worm". :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

Lol I couldn't believe I did either but listen to Mr. Yammamoto......I think it's more his accent but who knows.

 

:)...BIC pen....after all, when he came up with the design, didn't he model it after a BIC pen? I thought I saw a vid with him explaining that anyway...:)...IDK, I could be reaching here...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's “dinger”

 

…but really, if it was meant to be pronounced “sinko” they’d have spelled it that way :tongue77: 

 

How about this:

 

untitled.png.741fd4091d98542e4e4a92d82118f99d.png

 

Fat “ee-ka” or Fat “eye-ka” ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fissure_man said:

It's “dinger”

 

…but really, if it was meant to be pronounced “sinko” they’d have spelled it that way :tongue77: 

 

How about this:

 

untitled.png.741fd4091d98542e4e4a92d82118f99d.png

 

Fat “ee-ka” or Fat “eye-ka” ?

 

 

Or ick-uhhh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the reel ess said:

I used to say "Sinko", but now I usually say "Big Bite Trick Stick"

My favorite senko alternative :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fissure_man said:

It's “dinger”

 

…but really, if it was meant to be pronounced “sinko” they’d have spelled it that way :tongue77: 

 

How about this:

 

untitled.png.741fd4091d98542e4e4a92d82118f99d.png

 

Fat “ee-ka” or Fat “eye-ka” ?

 

 

Well, it's not spelled "Sanko" either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Go to the post office, then go to the store"

 

"Then go"

 

g --> k = "Then ko"

 

th --> s: "Sen ko"

 

Move the K to the end of the previous syllable: "Senk o"

 

"Senko"

 

Or, if you like: "Jenga"

J--> s: "Senga"

G-->k: "Senka"

A-->o: "Senko"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That galldurn foreign fish bait... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MIbassyaker said:

"Go to the post office, then go to the store"

 

"Then go"

 

g --> k = "Then ko"

 

th --> s: "Sen ko"

 

Move the K to the end of the previous syllable: "Senk o"

 

"Senko"

 

Or, if you like: "Jenga"

J--> s: "Senga"

G-->k: "Senka"

A-->o: "Senko"

That's how I say it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend from WI regarding the pronunciation of crappie. He said "croppie" as most of the country does. I pronounced it the southeastern "crappy". He laughed at mine and told me it's not pronounced that way. I said "Spell crop for me and spell crap for me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jigfishn10 said:

Senko

 

Sen as in the Japanese currency Yen

 

k as in a called or swinging strike :)

 

o as in Oh my, I can't believe I'm posting this

 

SENKO

 

I'm latino and in Spanish the "e" has only one pronunciation it's the natural to pronounce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go with fluke stick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main senko-style worm I really use is the Strike King Zero, so I usually just call them "Zeros."  If I do say it though, I'll naturally pronounce it "sinko."  I will concede, however, that it probably should be pronounced "saynco."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saynko.

 

Senko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×