Renting Equipment  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever rented any fishing equipment before? (Rods, reels, or lures. Not including rentals for public/private charters.)

• Yes I have.
    • No, I haven't.
    • No, I haven't. However, it would be nice to try a rod, reel, or lure before buying if the price was right.

I assume you aren't including boat rentals.

Yes, but not in the States.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratherbfishing said:

I assume you aren't including boat rentals.

Funny coincidence....I was just considering strolling in and starting a thread about boat rentals...guess I should...instead of jacking this one

• Haha 1

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I know on like tacklewarehouse I believe they have a program where you can get certain rods/reels from listed companys (shimano,abu garcia, lews etc) as a trial. Not so much renting, but sorta in the same ball park.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoshFromBolo said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I know on like tacklewarehouse I believe they have a program where you can get certain rods/reels from listed companys (shimano,abu garcia, lews etc) as a trial. Not so much renting, but sorta in the same ball park.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

Just saltwater. I rented a rod and reel fishing off Jeanette’s pier at Nags Head last summer.

12 hours ago, LonnieP said:

Just saltwater. I rented a rod and reel fishing off Jeanette’s pier at Nags Head last summer.

Gotcha, I've never fished from a pier before.

Nope. For some reason, I don't like to use other people gear.

There is a place where we vacation at the beach that will rent kayaks or paddle boards and drop you at the ramp and pick you back up at an appointed time. That sounds pretty cool. I usually just take my own though.

I wouldn't feel comfortable renting a lure. If it snags or breaks off I'm paying for a new lure and the rental fee.

• Like 1

I have never rented any fishing equipment. Like some others posted I am not comfortable using other peoples equipment. I really wouldn't rent a lure. Chance_Taker4 got that one right.

Being fairly new to the sport I would love to rent rod reels for the weekend/week and really be able to get a feel for the different powers/actions that would really help someone like me decide on wich brands I liked over others. 

Sorry about the grammar in that