Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
burrows

I got a great deal on Black Friday!

Recommended Posts

I got probably the best deal on Black Friday and that deal was not falling into the hype of Black Friday. I looked at the deals and scrolled threw the online adds at numerous things that were marketed tords me and I almost fell into it but I stopped and thought about it. I really don’t need anything even if it is marked down by 20/25% I don’t need it! I want it but I don’t need it. I decided I wasn’t going to be part of the debacle part of the yearly circus I wasn’t going to partake in something that is meant to fill the pockets of major corporations and leave many people in debt! I decided to practice self control and good judgement realizing who was really benefiting from this madness. And the 25% of the nation that was still in debt from last years shopping sprees so in my own mind it was a way of saying no to big corporations saying no I won’t fall for your evil tricks and greedy filled agendas and guess what? It felt good! Really really good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There Ya go ~ 

 Either way, the madness can be a cost effective way to replenish some gear.

 Items like Soft plastics, fishing line (both main lines & leader material), worm hooks & weights, treble hooks & split rings, skirt making material, and whatever the hot deal was on the recent trip south of the border (this time it was swimbaits) are all common re-purchases for me now and ones I routinely only need to make once a season - might as well take advantage of some savings.

I'll also restock the fuel stabilizer shelf (knowing that it will get used sooner or later).

Wish I could purchase & safely store 3 or 4 hundred gallons of boat gas at a 25% discount . . . . . .

:evil8:

A-Jay

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had no discretionary income this year for Black Friday fishing shopping so I would have stayed home. I went shopping for family members instead and got some great deals.

 

I made sure to stay away from any places or isles that sold fishing equipment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-Jay said:

There Ya go ~ 

 Either way, the madness can be a cost effective way to replenish some gear.

 Items like Soft plastics, fishing line (both main lines & leader material), worm hooks & weights, treble hooks & split rings, skirt making material, and whatever the hot deal was on the recent trip south of the border (this time it was swimbaits) are all common re-purchases for me now and ones I routinely only need to make once a season - might as well take advantage of some savings.

I'll also restock the fuel stabilizer shelf (knowing that it will get used sooner or later).

Wish I could purchase & safely store 3 or 4 hundred gallons of boat gas at a 25% discount . . . . . .

:evil8:

A-Jay

 

 

 

All I got was 3000 yards of line

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burrows said:

I got probably the best deal on Black Friday and that deal was not falling into the hype of Black Friday. I looked at the deals and scrolled threw the online adds at numerous things that were marketed tords me and I almost fell into it but I stopped and thought about it. I really don’t need anything even if it is marked down by 20/25% I don’t need it! I want it but I don’t need it. I decided I wasn’t going to be part of the debacle part of the yearly circus I wasn’t going to partake in something that is meant to fill the pockets of major corporations and leave many people in debt! I decided to practice self control and good judgement realizing who was really benefiting from this madness. And the 25% of the nation that was still in debt from last years shopping sprees so in my own mind it was a way of saying no to big corporations saying no I won’t fall for your evil tricks and greedy filled agendas and guess what? It felt good! Really really good. 

I did not shop on Black Friday either and do not plan to anymore. People seem to lose their minds on Black Friday since their is a ''sale'' going on even though most items are discounted 30% or less. These same people are very aggressive and it is not worth the time of day dealing with people like that. I rather order fishing gear online before I go shopping during the holidays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slonezp said:

3000 yards

That, my friend, will be the most epic backlash ever.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, soflabasser said:

I did not shop on Black Friday either and do not plan to anymore. People seem to lose their minds on Black Friday since their is a ''sale'' going on even though most items are discounted 30% or less. These same people are very aggressive and it is not worth the time of day dealing with people like that. I rather order fishing gear online before I go shopping during the holidays.

This is true from punches being thrown at Walmart to ppl wrestling each other for the last TV at Best Buy things get very aggressive. 

  Online shopping affects the small mom and pop shops that can not compete with the online competitors. Their is just no way for them to compete it actually hurts them tremendously. Online purchases are extremely difficult to stay away from specially because everything is bought online now a days on a daily basis whether it’s Black Friday or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not do any black Friday shopping either. I also won't order anything online. Some way people have gotten my credit card number twice and the card never left my possession. There is no way I would put my credit card info on a computer. I don't use any more than I have to anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Burrows said:

This is true from punches being thrown at Walmart to ppl wrestling each other for the last TV at Best Buy things get very aggressive. 

  Online shopping affects the small mom and pop shops that can not compete with the online competitors. Their is just no way for them to compete it actually hurts them tremendously. Online purchases are extremely difficult to stay away from specially because everything is bought online now a days on a daily basis whether it’s Black Friday or not.

Try shopping during Black Friday in one of the major shopping malls in South Florida or a couple days before Christmas. It becomes a zoo of greedy, aggressive people trying to buy much more than they actually need. I do not like wasting my time in shopping malls so I will continue shopping online for fishing gear. Besides you can find good fishing gear for less than you pay in many places and many times the shipping is free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A-Jay said:

Either way, the madness can be a cost effective way to replenish some gear.

You bet! Soft plastics, line, and terminal tackle. I like the high end stuff, especially the line, and now that I'm living on pensions I have to take advantage of every deal I can. However, I do it all online; you can have all those WWE Rumbles at the stores. I never saw a Black Friday until I retired from the military, I was always deployed. That first one with the wife was enough for me, when we got home I told her never again. I never knew that the human race could go so low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harold Scoggins said:

You bet! Soft plastics, line, and terminal tackle. I like the high end stuff, especially the line, and now that I'm living on pensions I have to take advantage of every deal I can. However, I do it all online; you can have all those WWE Rumbles at the stores. I never saw a Black Friday until I retired from the military, I was always deployed. That first one with the wife was enough for me, when we got home I told her never again. I never knew that the human race could go so low.

 I find that Amazon routinely has The Best Prices on line ~ especially bulk spools

Their everyday prices are often a considerable savings vs the TW super sales. 

For example . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YKKIA6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A364EMG98WC7R6&th=1&psc=1

 

Now go check out the TW Black Friday price.

If you use this product - prepare to get happy.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to buy something this Black Friday but couldn't make it happen. Stopped by Dick's and found a DT crankbait at $5.58 and a 30% discount on top of that, also a pack of Keitech Fat Impacts 4.8 for $4.99. Took them to the checkout line and stopped dead in my tracks. The line was all the way to the back of the store and only 2 checkout lines open. I ain't waiting 2 hours to buy 2 things, I don't care what kind of deal I get. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

 I find that Amazon routinely has The Best Prices on line ~ especially bulk spools

Their everyday prices are often a considerable savings vs the TW super sales. 

For example . . .

That's a difference! I've never used that line before, do you know how it compares to Sunline Sniper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold Scoggins said:

That's a difference! I've never used that line before, do you know how it compares to Sunline Sniper?

I have not used the Sunline product - I have read notes made by anglers who have used both - that the two lines are comparable.

 I use both the Invisx and Tatsu locally and south of the border, where it really gets a workout, without any problems.

:smiley:

A-Jay 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not bought any fishing tackle this year on Black Friday...even the TW sale couldn't motivate me.

 

I did buy a new pair of Muck Boots for $22 with free shipping, and a bunch of stuff from some outfit in South Carolina with the initials P.S.A. , even though they didn't have any thing really great deal wise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ww2farmer said:

I have not bought any fishing tackle this year on Black Friday...even the TW sale couldn't motivate me.

 

I did buy a new pair of Muck Boots for $22 with free shipping, and a bunch of stuff from some outfit in South Carolina with the initials P.S.A. , even though they didn't have any thing really great deal wise.

 

 

Where can I get mucks for $22

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free shipping.  I laugh every time I hear it on the tv or radio.  Did anyone else see this years version of BattleBots?

 

One of the bots was called "Free Shipping".  It was a miniature fork lift, outfitted with a flame thrower.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a black Friday thing many years ago....learned my lesson.  I think better of my fellow man when I don't venture out when they are acting like $#@!%.  Both on the roads and in the stores.....it's bad enough already.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going in the dog house for sure. Started another cart on TW. I do this almost every year, place an order on Black Friday, then 1-2 days later I realize that I needed something else and end up spending $50+ to get the free shipping. Sale ends Tuesday afternoon, maybe I can hold out. Maybe I can go ahead with the order and then spend the next week or two getting the wife in an extra good mood before the bill comes. Then there is the annual JDM order come spring. If you guys see any new cement laid somewhere around the house and you haven't heard from me in awhile, you know what happened.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got pretty much what I wanted on black Friday. Kept real close to what I originally wanted. I did get a 7' medium fast Abu Garcia vendetta casting rod. Why??? Because it was $37 at academy. Who turns down stuff at more than half off. It was such a good deal the significant other even said can't really turn it down YAY!!!!! DID I need it??? About as much as as I need a 14 foot ul spinning rod to throw dingers on an a rig. But hey why not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, NYWayfarer said:

Had no discretionary income this year for Black Friday fishing shopping so I would have stayed home. I went shopping for family members instead and got some great deals.

 

I made sure to stay away from any places or isles that sold fishing equipment 

Almost everything is bought for my family,i am satisfied with this feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, A-Jay said:

 I find that Amazon routinely has The Best Prices on line ~ especially bulk spools

Their everyday prices are often a considerable savings vs the TW super sales. 

For example . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YKKIA6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A364EMG98WC7R6&th=1&psc=1

 

Now go check out the TW Black Friday price.

If you use this product - prepare to get happy.

:smiley:

A-Jay

Does this wizardry work for Tatsu???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirtyeggroll said:

Does this wizardry work for Tatsu???

Yup ~ 

And currently 1000 yds of 15lb shows a substantial savings ($73) vs TW's asking price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094FLO1G/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

 

Put that in your pipe & smoke it . . . .

:happy-102:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time ever, I participated in this Black Friday, but not like most people.  Walmart had some things the wife and I wanted, but NONE of it was a must.  So we definitely did not want to partake in the hyped up frenzy of that initial rush crowd, lol.  Sales started at 6pm on Thanksgiving, we got to Walmart at 10pm, lol.  Everything was picked through, and a mess, yet we managed to get every thing on our "want" list with the exception of a $8 step stool.  Got my 28'' Blackstone Propane Griddle Cooktop, and wireless bluetooth earbuds and the wife got her bedding sets, sheet sets, and towels, lol.  No crowds.  No lines.  No hassle.  

 

Also, I did grab a fillet table from Cabela's, a "deluxe" BassPro model, after cleaning and filleting fish for the first time ever on a cutting board on my tailgate, the table was a must.  And a pFlueger Summit XT.  Both of which were apart of their 5 or 6 day sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×