roadwarrior

Spinnerbaits

I use a trailer sometimes to mix it up if the fish are not striking the standard spinnerbait.

I usually use a split tail trailer with no trailer hook.  I'll put on a trailer hook if the fish are biting short

Always use a trailer hook, never tried a trailer.

Always use a trailer hook, never tried a trailer.

+1 always a trailer hook and sometimes a trailer

I hardly use either on smaller inland lakes. A trailer hook if I'm fishing Lake Erie.

I always use a trailer, but never a trailer hook.

Anyone recommend a company that makes a quality 3/4 oz spinnerbait?

I use a little split tail trailer in pearl white with the SK trailer on top so it doesn't effect the action

I usually use a split tail trailer with no trailer hook.  I'll put on a trailer hook if the fish are biting short

X2

I always use a trailer hook. So many times Ive had hit and misses. The fish strike em hard and usually do a u-turn kinda like a top water stike and sometimes they miss. Heres a little guy I got last week thanks to that 2nd hook...

740869_553447304665989_1076719310_o.jpg

• Always use a trailer, either a split tail or a grub. Never use a trailer hook.

Trailer hook always, trailer never. But the skirts I use have a "built in trailer" that cover the trailer hook, in the form of a few strands of skirt longer than the main skirt.

Trailer hook always, trailer never. But the skirts I use have a "built in trailer" that cover the trailer hook, in the form of a few strands of skirt longer than the main skirt.

I'm gonna guess you use War Eagles.  They are by far my favorite spinnerbaits.

I never use a trailer hook but I do use a trailer if I use a non-War Eagle spinnerbait. 

All of my spinnerbaits that I used last year had trailer hooks on them. Every fish I caught was on the main hook not the trailer.(the trailer hook did catch my thumb on more than one occasion as I tried to get the main hook out of the fish) So all of my new spinnerbaits for this year will not have a trailer hook, might experiment with a trailer instead.

After catching more than my fair share on a trailer hook ive been convinced it can only help. I use them 95% of the time.

Always a trailer hook! Trailer hook is like having built in plan-b.

I don't usually use a plastic trailer. I use spinnerbaits with the long tail skirts. I will put on a single tail grub if I'm trying to burn the surface or trying to bulk it up a little and add more action to it. ( usually when they are chasing shad really hard)

I've been using spinners for 20 years without trailer hooks, why change now? When you feel the fish hit the bait and miss (and you can tell when that happens), you stop the retrieve, then slowly continue, they will kill it. I'm not knocking the trailers, I do have some with them, but they were from a trade. Do they work? I couldn't tell you if they are better or not since I don't have a problem without the trailers.

Trailer hook 95% of the time.  If you rig the hook so it stays semi rigid behind the main hook you can even fish them through heavy cover without much additional snagging.

Trailer never, but I will use a trailer hook if I am getting bites and missing them.

Trailer hook 100% of the time.  Never use a trailer.

Trailer never, but I will use a trailer hook if I am getting bites and missing them.

Almost too late then. Lol. Jk, that's how I started using them. I just never turned back after that day.

I always use a splittail trailer ,because I think it helps me get more strikes. Confidence makes me fish harder, and no trailer hook , because I want to keep it weedless. I'll wait for somebody to talk about skirts, and skirt substitutes or no skirt at all