Megastink

ICAST 2019 New Products/Rumors/Wishlist

It’s that time! We’re only a few weeks away from ICAST! I love this time of year. ICAST gossip brings out my inner teenaged girl...

Post any new items you hear about or see (including links). Even if it’s a rumor, post it! If there’s anything you hope to see, post that as well! 

Ill go first: Strike King coming out with Carolina Chrome color (straight chrome) in several topwaters and a few hardbaits. 

I hole to see: Duckett spinning Rods with reel seats similar to St Croix Eyecon and Enigma. Lightweight Lews spinning reels (<7oz 3000 size). I hope Strike King comes out with a Perch colored swimbait and would LOVE to see a SK glide bait and pencil popper. 

• Like 1

Looking for some game changer to crush it in 2019 with their content.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Looking for some game changer to crush it in 2019 with their content.

You better subscribe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Become an influencer.  I'm only here for likes and subs.

Seriously, though.  I like to sit back and watch the mayhem.  Nothing really ever jumps out at me as game changing.  It's just cool to see what's new.

• Like 1

Glad to hear about a rage magnum menace. Should be an awesome bait for big bulky jigs

• Like 1

i can't wait for the googan baits magnum super dooper bandeeter skeeter booger bug infused with dangle juice for maximum bass sniffability! defintely only going to throw that on my 6'6 XH googan rod that can cast an anvil without breaking!

EDIT: ITS GONNA BE LIT

• Like 2
  • Haha 20

NAllenothing has really wowed me for a few years? Lots of gimmicks and rehashing of old baits adding more appendages.

Amtak has a new Microwave fly rod stripping guide.  Next up a Microwave system for cane poles.  🙂

4 hours ago, EWREX said:

i can't wait for the googan baits magnum super dooper bandeeter skeeter booger bug infused with dangle juice for maximum bass sniffability! defintely only going to throw that on my 6'6 XH googan rod that can cast an anvil without breaking!

BRO!!!!

• Haha 2

I have a feeling EVERYONE is going to be dropping ned plastics this iCast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punch said:

I have a feeling EVERYONE is going to be dropping ned plastics this iCast.

You're pretty close!  Actually, think broader...as in "finesse" as a general category. 

6 hours ago, EWREX said:

I just sprayed my drink all over my keyboard!  LOL!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Glenn said:

You're pretty close!  Actually, think broader...as in "finesse" as a general category.

Oooo...more things to tie onto my Avocet...sweet

• Like 1

I like the looks of that Ned Bug for sure!

• Like 1

Rage...Ned.  😂

I'm excited for Jordan Lee's new series of plastics.  I've been waiting patiently for them, but I never put 2 and 2 together and figured they would release them at ICAST.  They being Berkley.  Them being the Champ Craw and Champ Minnow.  The swimbait doesn't excite me much, it'll have to be cheap and effective because I've already got that covered.

As someone who hates the Ned but understands it's usefulness, I hope YUM drops a Ned offering.

I wish ned would go away.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, RichF said:

why?

What Strike king should also do is rebrand the baby menace as the Ned menace. It has been very effective for me on either a Ned head or a slider spider head with the 2/0 hook. Not sure many have given that bait a try. 

Also hope they bring out the menace in smoke purple in all 3 sizes. That has been a great clear water color for me. 

54 minutes ago, RichF said:

Why, it is just a gimmicky name for a rig/style of fishing many of us have fished for years without even realizing it. I think Zman just marketed the heck out of it which has brought it to a different level. The Strike King Ned baits give me hope that companies won’t just over charge for half a senko.

I bet the rage ned bug will be a killer finnese jig trailer.

I've been patiently waiting on the Berkley Frittside crainkbait. Hoping it hits shelves after ICast.

39 minutes ago, cgolf said:

Why, it is just a gimmicky name for a rig/style of fishing many of us have fished for years without even realizing it.

Ned Kehde from In-Fisherman.  It was a way to reuse broken senkos.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, cgolf said:

What Strike king should also do is rebrand the baby menace as the Ned menace. It has been very effective for me on either a Ned head or a slider spider head with the 2/0 hook. Not sure many have given that bait a try. 

Also hope they bring out the menace in smoke purple in all 3 sizes. That has been a great clear water color for me. 

Why, it is just a gimmicky name for a rig/style of fishing many of us have fished for years without even realizing it. I think Zman just marketed the heck out of it which has brought it to a different level. The Strike King Ned baits give me hope that companies won’t just over charge for half a senko.

i'll gladly pay for a pack of zman TRD's that will last 15+ fish per bait.

2 hours ago, EWREX said:

why?

Because it's lame and catches dinks.  Not my style.

23 minutes ago, RichF said:

Because it's lame and catches dinks.  Not my style.

Tell that to the 6lb smallmouth I caught a few weeks ago off a TRD on Mille Lacs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cgolf said:

Not trying to highjack this thread, but quick question. On the 2/0 spider slider head, that offset section is very short and narrow to work with. Does the baby menace hold well bc I imagine it being too thick? That’s why I only use skinny 4” finesse worms on that particular style. 

38 minutes ago, punch said:

Tell that to the 6lb smallmouth I caught a few weeks ago off a TRD on Mille Lacs. 

Everyone gets lucky now and again;)

• Like 1