Jump to content

Latest Catch Pics Thread


Master Bait'r

Recommended Posts

Didn't set the world on fire yesterday but I did connect with one heck of a bass on my 1/4 oz Siebert swim jig in super white with a white x zone swammer on the back.  She thought it looked pretty tasty I guess.

 

Slow rolled it over a submerged tree that was sticking out into wind current and she knocked slack in my line like a giant.  

 

I did get some acrobatics on the way in and I love to see them jump.

 

Got a couple little fellas and missed a couple bites once I figured out the swim jig pattern for the day.

 

Super fun 2 hour session from the bank.

 

Tight lines!

 

Compress_20230524_080320_0706.thumb.jpg.8e7500601e319c22fa30f25250941be8.jpgCompress_20230524_080321_1728.thumb.jpg.1a5cc94c18067e1c61ca5f7cfc73d1a5.jpgCompress_20230524_080322_2984.thumb.jpg.68beadb7cea76371d5eb47c59b380cde.jpgCompress_20230524_080322_2479.thumb.jpg.75c19f01a489c3406fb25794a6ea7c9a.jpg

 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6.2 pounds & 23"

 

Caught it yesterday throwing a nearly unweighted black Ol' Monster at a steep bank into the narrow band of grass and swimming it back through the pads to the boat. It was the thing to do yesterday for both of us. And last week too.

5 23 23   6.2   2.jpg

  • Like 24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got out for about 6 hours today, boated 17 bass all on a spinnerbait. Was an odd day that i had to be in and around pads completely out of the wind or I couldn't get bit. Anyway got a couple good ones that weighed 3-11 and 4-4.

20230524_090116.jpg

20230524_103515.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Been off the water most of the past week and a half. Finally pulled out a frog rod and hit a very slopped over pond the past two evenings before sunset. Cottonwood seeds almost made it not worth the frustration, but 2 dozen blowups overruled the headache of trying to keep the line clean and castable.

 

Today, a different spot that was also getting out of control, but it’s obvious they’ve recently treated and everything is just starting to die and turn brown. NE breeze, but a jig to the outside weedline when it could be defined resulted in over a dozen bites, including one over 5 lbs. You can see the difference in weed/slop color between the two locations in the pics.

 

IMG_7081.jpeg.c3761fc3a5537921069a9e6b5637052e.jpeg

 

IMG_7091.jpeg.dbdc5e66202a69a108dd86154aa5d94a.jpeg

 

IMG_7079.jpeg.1fc00bed3d35ac98ca5619312df541cf.jpeg

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a hour to fish, wanted to catch one on a spinner bait. I only caught a small pike on that. I missed this bass a first time. Never swung, pitched back there again felt a small tap and swung, little fella put up a nice fight. Bait of the day was a zoom z craw in black light on a 5/0 owner jig rig hook. The pond is starting to get overtaken by weeds, at least it’s not that cotton stuff on top of the water yet.

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1057.jpeg

  • Like 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Nice one, Murph!

 

12 hours ago, IcatchDinks said:

I had a blast,

 

^Sweet,^ @IcatchDinks!

 

Beautiful bass, @Team9nine!

 

Swimbaitpalooza, @GreenPig!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator

The boys last day of school was yesterday. Mom had a girls night with the other teachers so we went to the pond and had a boys night. First time I've brought a frog rod out there. Caught a couple bass but there's about eleventy billion bullfrogs that chased it every cast. I finally let one eat it after constant begging from the boys to catch one. Then neither of them wanted to hold or touch it. 

349159594-781587890232042-66877931948946
348853268-961618831699890-19494655661314
348976726-178910954809178-35047777391775
349156171-1317354892327103-4688929513041
348826403-628156712669759-74344525008672
348869879-3452745881659613-3091089857721
348928229-981474699863060-93290897367885
349568050-896041611461085-79545625375814
348845420-635337211953497-42537087095784

With them out of school, I don't have the duty to get them ready in the morning, so I've got more fishing time before work. I took advantage of that right away and caught a nice one on a big crawler this morning. She looked to be recovering from the spawn nicely.

349020173-272701551879574-10791282688735
349069695-916319092958139-91382044772216

 

 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

got my first ever buzzbait fish this morning while ponding, taught my friend how to use a baitcaster and he got a few. i can see why topwater is such a loved technique, I hardly ever fish like that but it is fun for sure. i need a nap

20230525_094139.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
24 minutes ago, ScottW said:

Broke my PB this evening fishing that same little popper. Had tried several different baits but no interest until I tossed this little guy. 6.14 according to the scale. It tried to get underneath the pier to break me off but I grabbed the line against the rod and pulled it back ? Put up one hell of a fight right up until I banked it. I’m really liking this popper!

IMG-0543.jpg


IMG-0544.jpg
 

IMG-0545.jpg

WHAT A MAGNICENT GREEN TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Wow that's incredible Scott, how exciting is that!   Congrats friend, those bugeyes tell the story ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
On 5/23/2023 at 10:52 PM, Mbirdsley said:

We need to fish some time. I should have spent more time on Lincoln but, waisted a lot of time on the northern lake.  Most of those bass came from emerging pads next cat tails on blue west basin. 
 

I can see that Lincoln all 3 lakes would be a disaster come summertime weekends.  With the camp ground and marina in lincoln. 


I believe the marina you’re referring to is the campground. People staying at the campground are prohibited from going to the other two lakes. Not sure how that’s possible since it’s all public waters but that’s how it works, so the other two lakes aren’t terrible in the morning until around 12-1 o’clock on the weekends. Weeknights are pretty quiet. For such a big lake there isn’t much parking at the ramp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ScottW said:

Broke my PB this evening fishing that same little popper. Had tried several different baits but no interest until I tossed this little guy. 6.14 according to the scale. It tried to get underneath the pier to break me off but I grabbed the line against the rod and pulled it back ? Put up one hell of a fight right up until I banked it. I’m really liking this popper!

IMG-0543.jpg


IMG-0544.jpg
 

IMG-0545.jpg

The popper is consistently the best top water around here for big fish and I'm really looking forward to throwing mine a lot when Jake is out of school in the next couple of weeks when we start night fishing!!!

 

That's a beautiful beast!!! Congrats on the new PB!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 12poundbass said:


I believe the marina you’re referring to is the campground. People staying at the campground are prohibited from going to the other two lakes. Not sure how that’s possible since it’s all public waters but that’s how it works, so the other two lakes aren’t terrible in the morning until around 12-1 o’clock on the weekends. Weeknights are pretty quiet. For such a big lake there isn’t much parking at the ramp.

Yeah I don’t get how the could prevent people from the camp ground going to the other of the lakes.  Yeah the public ramp parking  is small. I’m definitely lake you need to hit on the week days and be early.  Can you pay to launch at the camp ground? 
 

I had a slice of pizzia and cheese bread at the gas station down the rod from the lake.  It was so good.  Definitely stopping there again. .  I’ve got that whole side of the state gas stations  memorized based on wether they sell pizzia and how good it was.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mbirdsley said:

Yeah I don’t get how the could prevent people from the camp ground going to the other of the lakes.  Yeah the public ramp parking  is small. I’m definitely lake you need to hit on the week days and be early.  Can you pay to launch at the camp ground? 
 

I had a slice of pizzia and cheese bread at the gas station down the rod from the lake.  It was so good.  Definitely stopping there again. .  I’ve got that whole side of the state gas stations  memorized based on wether they sell pizzia and how good it was gas station. 

My stepdad said the lake association and campground came to that agreement forever and a day ago. 
 

We haven’t had the pizza there at Tow’s, might have to try it now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Pat Brown said:

The popper is consistently the best top water around here for big fish and I'm really looking forward to throwing mine a lot when Jake is out of school in the next couple of weeks when we start night fishing!!!

I know, right?! Thing is I just started throwing it a few days ago to try something different that our pond fish hadn’t seen before. I had no idea it would bring this biggun up. I’m still shaking a bit from yesterday ?. I was using 12# Seaguar FC on my KK Royale Legend II/Fenwick Eagle 6’6” baitcaster. I thought the line was gonna snap when I got it to the bank but it held. I may go to slightly bigger line like 15 or 17# for more strength. What do you think?

 

Edit: after a little digging it looks like bigger line is recommended for top water so I’ll  look at maybe 15/17# mono or possibly 50/65# braid.

Edited by ScottW
Research on heavier line
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Got out about 2am to see if the night bite was getting going. Not quite yet. I only managed a dink LM and a nice eater saugeye. Also got mugged twice by muskie. They got me for a chatterbait and a jig. Here's the first floater of the year @gimruis

thumbnail-2023-05-26T140638_328.thumb.jpeg.dee0348ba53e36c79984c3a5542d4dea.jpeg

Once the sun got up there were tons of bass shallow. They're finally gonna spawn. They're running a bit late this year. Saw several really nice fish, and one giant, 6+ for sure, but they weren't being very cooperative. It was slick calm, with about 6' visibility. The fish were super spooky. Best one I could manage was this 3.59#. I got the biggin to nose down on my bait a couple times, but she wouldn't pick it up. She wasn't on a bed, but she was acting like she was. She didn't want to leave a spot in the middle of a big laydown. I'll check and see if she's there tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

thumbnail-2023-05-26T140647_241.thumb.jpeg.7d1c393c4844bc8fbfcb7f477ee57988.jpeg

 

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
15 minutes ago, T-Billy said:

Got out about 2am to see if the night bite was getting going. Not quite yet. I only managed a dink LM and a nice eater saugeye. Also got mugged twice by muskie. They got me for a chatterbait and a jig. Here's the first floater of the year @gimruis

thumbnail-2023-05-26T140638_328.thumb.jpeg.dee0348ba53e36c79984c3a5542d4dea.jpeg

Once the sun got up there were tons of bass shallow. They're finally gonna spawn. They're running a bit late this year. Saw several really nice fish, and one giant, 6+ for sure, but they weren't being very cooperative. It was slick calm, with about 6' visibility. The fish were super spooky. Best one I could manage was this 3.59#. I got the biggin to nose down on my bait a couple times, but she wouldn't pick it up. She wasn't on a bed, but she was acting like she was. She didn't want to leave a spot in the middle of a big laydown. I'll check and see if she's there tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

thumbnail-2023-05-26T140647_241.thumb.jpeg.7d1c393c4844bc8fbfcb7f477ee57988.jpeg

 

Nice, that one's been on the bed.  Always a wave before we realize it, hopefully the big girl locks down....and I'd imagine the closer we get to June 3rd, the better chances she will.    

 

Once they start spawning on my lake, I could set my watch to them in regard to the new moon and full moon pattern.     One of the huge takeaways I learned this Spring.  

 

If she looks like a 6......She could be a 7, or she could be a 5.    Hope you catch your white whale ?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.