Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just to make things clear, my comment about most guys going fishing with their daily drivers wasn't negative at all. I am just a bit surprised !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GeekFisher said:

Just to make things clear, my comment about most guys going fishing with their daily drivers wasn't negative at all. I am just a bit surprised !

Surprised that not everyone has the disposable income to afford more than one vehicle?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can either have an arsenal of nice gear, too much but not enough tackle, and one vehicle, or very little gear and nothing nice, too little tackle, and two vehicles (a fishing specific vehicle). I wisely chose the former. Until my kids are grown and moved out, I'll be stuck with just a family vehicle and a kayak, no boat and no fishing truck or jeep. Which isn't all bad at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2001 Silverado. 318,000 miles and still runs great.8A945961-1175-4663-869A-723476DD5C28.thumb.jpeg.e2ea3407243d17fc70894158cb59a293.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LonnieP said:

2001 Silverado. 318,000 miles and still runs great.

Ya, my '01 is the same way. When I got it in 2017 with 197k already on it, the previous owner had taken such good care of it that CarFax valued it at +$1000 over KBB. Of course I snatched it up - using the insurance money from my previous truck (the other driver was found at fault).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Surprised that not everyone has the disposable income to afford more than one vehicle?

Gas is close to the equivalent of 4USD/gallon here. Having two vehicle is actually saving me money since I have at least 65 miles a day to drive and the small car is making close to 3 times the mileage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Glaucus said:

I can either have an arsenal of nice gear, too much but not enough tackle, and one vehicle, or very little gear and nothing nice, too little tackle, and two vehicles (a fishing specific vehicle). I wisely chose the former. Until my kids are grown and moved out, I'll be stuck with just a family vehicle and a kayak, no boat and no fishing truck or jeep. Which isn't all bad at all.

The only way I was able to afford the canoe, trailer and new gear was through Christmas presents. Every year my parents give me, my wife, my sister and her husband $1000 checks with the notation "For fun only". We're not allowed to use the money for bills or living expenses. 2-1/2 years of that is what enabled me to do a complete upgrade...otherwise I'd be bank fishing with 30+ year old equipment and lures.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Ya, my '01 is the same way. When I got it in 2017 with 197k already on it, the previous owner had taken such good care of it that CarFax valued it at +$1000 over KBB. Of course I snatched it up - using the insurance money from my previous truck (the other driver was found at fault).

My dad owns a 99 and still runs great and with more or less the same mileage than my Jeep's V6. These are reliable trucks !

10 minutes ago, LonnieP said:

2001 Silverado. 318,000 miles and still runs great.8A945961-1175-4663-869A-723476DD5C28.thumb.jpeg.e2ea3407243d17fc70894158cb59a293.jpeg

Neat looking truck !

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scaleface said:

  15 Ram 4x4 . Its why none of my rods are over 7'0" they wont fit diagonally in the bed .

IMG_3372 (2).JPG

If you let the back seat up you can lay the rods across the center console with handles under the left rear seat and most likely get 8' rods in there. That works in my Chevrolet but is no good if you have a passenger that wants to ride up front. They can always ride in the right rear seat.😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GeekFisher said:

Neat looking truck !

Looks as good as mine - this is the day I picked it up from the dealer just over 2 years ago.

 

2GCEK19T511264775-4c.jpg.f90180cfca435b4c45ab4acedfa7a790.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 09 Chevrolet Z-71 LTZ 6.2 for the off road destinations. I'll use my wife's 18 Z-71 LTZ 6.2 when I want to feel pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 F150 STX 2.7. Tows like a dream up and down the huge hills we have with ease. MPG are amazing, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Looks as good as mine - this is the day I picked it up from the dealer just over 2 years ago.

 

2GCEK19T511264775-4c.jpg.f90180cfca435b4c45ab4acedfa7a790.jpg

It does sure look good and well maintained! This Gen is one of their nicest looking IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling my Bass Tracker 175 with a 2009 Ford F-150 4x4 with a towing package. It is a 2 door short bed. Has 57000 miles on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was an 03 Dodge Ram, until AJ Foyt decided to run a red light and total it and side swipe the boat. 

So now it’s a 08 Yukon Denali with 1.4 million miles and 2 car seats...

2 car seats..

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bike to the majority of my fishing spots since i don't have a car yet

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2015 ram 1500 ecodiesel 4x4 with 40,000 miles. Had it about a month and a half now. Love it. 

16891.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2006 4Runner with the V8.  160k miles and really tows to kayak trailer with ease, even with both yaks in it. 😀

 

Ive had it for almist 10 years. Got the V8 with plans of buying a boat. Still planning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, VolFan said:

2006 4Runner with the V8.  160k miles and really tows to kayak trailer with ease, even with both yaks in it. 😀

 

Ive had it for almist 10 years. Got the V8 with plans of buying a boat. Still planning...

Kayak trailer really makes it easier when carrying multiple kayaks ! The tube on the yak was there to bring to a friend so he could make himself a second rod tube ! Designed and built the trailer last year and have no regrets. Saved a bunch of 💰 vs buying it and it is all welded instead of bolt together and around the same weight ! I tried J-cradles before and these are not working well with thicker recent fishing kayaks...

IMG_07072019_153309_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I use to pull my Ranger RT188 (or haul my little Jon in the back) is the same thing I drive to work every day.  I bought it after I bought my boat and as @Fishes in trees would say, I decided to go "matchy-matchy" LOL!  I like to be organized and having my truck and boat match seems more squared away to me for some reason.  I have a mental disease.    

 

 

1134755659_resizetruck.thumb.jpg.414f00eadd1ee7ff2b17c934e7174ca2.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm retired and this is my work (work=fishing) truck.

467 (2).JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Short Fisherman said:

i bike to the majority of my fishing spots since i don't have a car yet

Thats how use to do it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAngus752 said:

What I use to pull my Ranger RT188 (or haul my little Jon in the back) is the same thing I drive to work every day.  I bought it after I bought my boat and as @Fishes in trees would say, I decided to go "matchy-matchy" LOL!  I like to be organized and having my truck and boat match seems more squared away to me for some reason.  I have a mental disease.    

We all do 😆 !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2002 GMC Yukon XL that stays loaded with all my rods and gear so it's ready to go when I am,  has 14 rods hanging from front to back,  only gets driven when I'm going fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...