Jump to content

Inactive members


WRB

Recommended Posts

  • Super User
On 1/13/2023 at 7:56 PM, Sam said:

What ever happened to "Raider"?

 

He disappeared a few years ago.


That dude was a riot. I don’t know if I ever saw him post anything fishing related but he was funny. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 10:30 PM, garroyo130 said:

Who was the person who had the reel with purple accents as their avatar? I know its random but I don't remember the name just remember seeing that picture of the reel in many of the threads I was looking through when I was early in my reel purchasing 

I think that was RippinLipps, or something like that. He's from Western Maryland, Deep Creek area. Big Daiwa fan. Brian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 7:08 PM, Munkin said:

Anyone remember "The Natural"?

 

Allen 

Was that the guy who was stealing all the lures and reselling them ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BassResource.com Administrator

It was more than lures, but yeah, that's him.  That was a decade ago.  I'd rather not dig that up again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, a1712 said:

I think that was RippinLipps, or something like that. He's from Western Maryland, Deep Creek area. Big Daiwa fan. Brian.

Definitely 'rippin lips'.  He was a tackle junky which makes his disappearance all the more strange.  You can only speculate about what happened to people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
10 hours ago, KP Duty said:

Definitely 'rippin lips'.  He was a tackle junky which makes his disappearance all the more strange.  You can only speculate about what happened to people.

 

Is that the guy with all the  tattoos? 

 

Allen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Munkin said:

 

Is that the guy with all the  tattoos? 

 

Allen 

If he was tatt'd up, I wasn't aware.  I could name off a few reels he had paired with several gen 1 megabass XX's ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 6:50 PM, Glenn said:

It was more than lures, but yeah, that's him.  That was a decade ago.  I'd rather not dig that up again.

Now I'm curios. 

 

Anyone care to tell the story??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Super User
On 12/16/2022 at 8:05 AM, Mike L said:

I remember a few also….

Oregon Native (Rest in Peace Gary)

Long Mike

Sirsnookalot

Fish Chris

Al Wobach 

Raul

 

I wish them all and everyone still here and your families a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Safe New Year 

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

Tragically, Al was killed in a motorcycle accident four or five years ago.  Sirsnook and Raul come to mind anytime someone asks 'Why spinning ....'   or someone mentions Mexico fishing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
17 minutes ago, Choporoz said:

Tragically, Al was killed in a motorcycle accident four or five years ago.  Sirsnook and Raul come to mind anytime someone asks 'Why spinning ....'   or someone mentions Mexico fishing

 
Oh Wow, I didn’t know Al passed away!

That’s too bad. 
He was always ready to help anyone. 
 

 

 

 

Mike

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy to see how many have called this place home over that long of a timespan and have come and gone. What's even more crazy is how long this forum has been up and running. It started before I was even born lol. (Late 90s kid here). 

 

Love this place. So much knowledge! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BassResource.com Administrator
On 1/21/2023 at 6:37 PM, a1712 said:

I haven't seen SPEEDBEAD in awhile.

 

He's still around, fishing swimbaits and catching monster bass.  He went hard-core in the gym, and now is the definition of "beefcake".  Dude is a brute!  He's a family man and enjoying fatherhood now.

 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, dave said:

flechero,  super user.

 

Keith was a cool dude. He made a couple of custom rods for Keri and I.  He pops in every now and then, but doesn't post much anymore.

 

5 minutes ago, TriStateBassin106 said:

What's even more crazy is how long this forum has been up and running.

Tell me about it!  I started this thing to show off my design, UX, and coding skills to prospective employers, and look what happened!  LOL!

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
9 hours ago, Glenn said:

Tell me about it!  I started this thing to show off my design, UX, and coding skills to prospective employers, and look what happened!  LOL!

                                             Marlon Brando Don Corleone GIF by The Godfather

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 3:55 PM, aceman387 said:

Was that the guy who was stealing all the lures and reselling them ?

Who was he stealing them from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BassResource.com Administrator

Alright, the guy was involved in illegal activity.  He shoplifted from retail stores and sold the items on eBay and various fishing forums, including here. He was caught and convicted.  That was, what, a decade ago?  So it's long since been over.

 

However, if somebody is selling "NIB" or "slightly used" items on eBay for prices "too good to be true", then something is up.

 

Moving on....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

Alright, the guy was involved in illegal activity.  He shoplifted from retail stores and sold the items on eBay and various fishing forums, including here. He was caught and convicted.  That was, what, a decade ago?  So it's long since been over.

 

However, if somebody is selling "NIB" or "slightly used" items on eBay for prices "too good to be true", then something is up.

 

Moving on....

 

Now I'm worried, how do we know this about members?? are we under surveillance? ?

 

Thanks for satisfying curiosity! 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.