Jump to content

Latest Catch Pics Thread


Master Bait'r

Recommended Posts

  • Super User

I really ain't messing around tonight. Have a 1oz jig with giant trailer, 3/4oz thumper spinnerbait, and frog rigged and that's all I plan on throwing. Looks like there is going be quite a breeze as the night continues

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

I really ain't messing around tonight. Have a 1oz jig with giant trailer, 3/4oz thumper spinnerbait, and frog rigged and that's all I plan on throwing. Looks like there is going be quite a breeze as the night continues

3/4oz red eye shad has done work for me lately, this seems like a good idea 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
2 minutes ago, thediscochef said:

3/4oz red eye shad has done work for me lately, this seems like a good idea 

Oh my gosh really? I have been considering lipless for a while, but figured I would wait until fall. My lake is a grass lake, so lipless will most definitely be in my rotation at some point. Maybe I should rig one up. Hmmm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

Oh my gosh really? I have been considering lipless for a while, but figured I would wait until fall. My lake is a grass lake, so lipless will most definitely be in my rotation at some point. Maybe I should rig one up. Hmmm. 

1/2oz hasn't been getting touched, but the 3/4 is getting smoked, mostly in the cooler parts of the day. I think the heat drives a desire for bigger meals, but I really don't know

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
10 minutes ago, thediscochef said:

1/2oz hasn't been getting touched, but the 3/4 is getting smoked, mostly in the cooler parts of the day. I think the heat drives a desire for bigger meals, but I really don't know

Well heck all I know is that what I been doing ain’t working like I want it to. Last time out, caught one bass. So I’m going back to my comfort regions of the lake, going deeper, and going bigger 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

Well heck all I know is that what I been doing ain’t working like I want it to. Last time out, caught one bass. So I’m going back to my comfort regions of the lake, going deeper, and going bigger 

I have a hope and suspicion that you may do well with that approach...it's what I'd be doing first if I was on a boat right now

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been absent for a while, currently homeless with the family but still going to work. We are staying with friends so it’s not like we are on the streets at least. The river has been rough on me fishing wise, no internet where we are staying so no fishing videos either. I have skunked quite a few times. But today was not one of them, nothing special but I got my daughter out fishing with dad and onto a pike. Have a good night everyone and catch plenty of fish for me ? sorry no pictures of my daughter with the pike we used her phone and we are at Walmart currently and I don’t have her phone lol.

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

  • Like 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
22 minutes ago, thediscochef said:

I have a hope and suspicion that you may do well with that approach...it's what I'd be doing first if I was on a boat right now

We’ll see. I am a structure fisherman, deep is not my comfort zone, but I plan on starting my search in 20-25ft. The lake just keeps dropping and getting hotter and hotter and clearer and clearer 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got this nearly 4lber and another smaller one on a chatterbait. Those were my only bites for the day. We did have a storm go through last night, so maybe that had to do with it. 

IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LrgmouthShad said:

We’ll see. I am a structure fisherman, deep is not my comfort zone, but I plan on starting my search in 20-25ft. The lake just keeps dropping and getting hotter and hotter and clearer and clearer 

Yeah Ray Bob is finally starting to really see the evap loss, we dropped probably six to eight inches in July and it's sped up since mid month. I fish kind of the same way, fishing deep sort of feels like walking with my eyes closed

1 hour ago, Jmurphy87 said:

I have been absent for a while, currently homeless with the family but still going to work. We are staying with friends so it’s not like we are on the streets at least. The river has been rough on me fishing wise, no internet where we are staying so no fishing videos either. I have skunked quite a few times. But today was not one of them, nothing special but I got my daughter out fishing with dad and onto a pike. Have a good night everyone and catch plenty of fish for me ? sorry no pictures of my daughter with the pike we used her phone and we are at Walmart currently and I don’t have her phone lol.

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

good to see you with fish in hand! I hope things improve man ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Weather forecaster surprised us with rain threats and related cloudiness, along with decent winds and slightly cooler temps - so out I went this afternoon. Ended the day with 11 bass, a few on swimbait and the rest on Ned or weighted wacky. Size was a bit improved, though still no big fish. 
 

IMG_8218.jpeg.a5486f0f7092b5bd1723f49f5ab26906.jpeg

 

IMG_8193.jpeg.d505f778ada53974f67f63eecb950594.jpeg

 

IMG_8192.jpeg.c2b0593f1895e84a1f891010820e7c45.jpeg

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Fished a friend's pond for 2.5 hours. Caught 13 and lost three. The biggest was 18 inches. I think my numbers are dropping because it's the thick of summer, but I'm just so happy being on the water. I heard owls, a cow, and had a heron fly low over me. Murph, it's good to see you post again!

TP2.jpg

TP1.jpg

TP3.jpg

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jmurphy87 I hope things improve for you, man. Always enjoy seeing your posts. 

 

I've got a full report for today:

 

I spent about three hours wading the Chippewa today. A few small bites, but nothing to write home about. 

 

20230805-140351.jpg

20230805-142328.jpg

20230805-150554.jpg

There was this beautiful tiny smallie. Probably the prettiest smallmouth I've ever caught. A pity he wasn't bigger:

20230805-143157.jpg

 

Then I went out again this evening. Just throwing from the bank this time:

20230805-180258.jpg

20230805-182053.jpg

 

The Yum Dinger was only catching dinks, and I've caught my fair share of dinks this week. So I switched to the Rebel Wee-craw. (From past experience, the wee-craw is also very good at catching dinks. But I also caught my PB LM on it.) 

 

Landed my largest smallmouth of the year a few casts in. And the largest smallie I've pulled out of the Chippewa. It was a really good fight, too. 

 

The cast itself actually landed on the far bank. Oops. I gave it a little pop to get it back into the water. The second it hit, the water around it boiled, and the floating lure disappeared under the water.

 

He was peeling drag. I'm not very good at adjusting the drag while fighting a fish. But I managed it this time. Except while I was busy tightening the drag, he dove into a weed bed, and wedged in tight.

 

I never fish with anything more than 12 lb line, so muscling him out wasn't really an option, plus, I didn't trust that my treble hooks had anything more than skin. After fighting the weeds for what felt like an eternity, I decided to let him have his a head, just a bit. I gave him a little bit of slack, and then picked it right back up again. That did the trick. He swam free and the fight was back on.

 

I almost had him to shore when he jumped, and my heart jumped to my throat with him. It was a glorious leap, tail driving, head shaking. But the hooks held, and after he landed back in the water, the fight just left him. I brought him in, and lipped him. The moment I had the fish in my hands, the crankbait fell out of his mouth. He measured in about 15 1/2" and 1.8 lbs. 

 

Compared to the fish some of you guys n gals are hauling in, he's a little guy. But for me and the waters I fish on the regular, he's a really nice catch. And definitely the best fight I've had all year. 

 

And then I slipped in the mud and fell into the river trying to release him. 

 

 signal-2023-08-05-19-00-35-592-1.jpg

 

signal-2023-08-05-19-00-35-592-4.jpg

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Streak on 61 days. I have a wedding today, so I might not be able to get out. SO I went out at the stroke of midnight. 7mins in.....fish for 8/6. Off a mag speed worm. Funny, was going to cut this off and put on the normal 6", but thought I would toss in around and see. 

 

large.IMG_5121.jpeg.04648b08f344644c6edab770b99c7992.jpeg

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

@IcatchDinks:

 

Two things. I love when you celebrate your dinks, like "the prettiest smallmouth I've ever caught."

 

And I also love when you don't catch dinks. BTW, I think your smallie is 16". I can see in the measurement photo that it's cupped between your two hands. 

 

7 hours ago, IcatchDinks said:

I never fish with anything more than 12 lb line, so muscling him out wasn't really an option

 

I fish with 10 lb. mono and 20 lb. braid. I lose a lot of bass, but not by snapping the line. The occasional pickerel will cut it, but if your reel has a good drag, not even four and five-pound bass will snap your line. Heck, they can add three pounds of weeds and the line will still hold. 

 

7 hours ago, IcatchDinks said:

And definitely the best fight I've had all year. 

 

And you did a great job of describing that fight. You put us on the side of that bank, cheering you on!

 

#weallcatchdinkseventhegreatdwighthottle 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ol'crickety I know the photo looks like 16, but could swear it said 15.5 in real life. I think the camera angle makes it look like it's measuring longer. But since I have photographic evidence, we'll call him 16. ?

 

Fishing is fun, even when I'm pulling in the little guys. As much as I'd love to pull in monsters all the time like you and some others here seem to do, that's just not the reality of the fisheries readily available to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
2 minutes ago, IcatchDinks said:

@ol'crickety I know the photo looks like 16, but could swear it said 15.5 in real life. I think the camera angle makes it look like it's measuring longer. But since I have photographic evidence, we'll call him 16. ?

 

Your smallmouth looks dipped in the middle. I don't think I'm wrong. I know you're trying to be 100% honest, but honestly, I think you're cheating yourself out of half an inch and maybe more. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, IcatchDinks said:

@ol'crickety I know the photo looks like 16, but could swear it said 15.5 in real life. I think the camera angle makes it look like it's measuring longer. But since I have photographic evidence, we'll call him 16. ?

 

Fishing is fun, even when I'm pulling in the little guys. As much as I'd love to pull in monsters all the time like you and some others here seem to do, that's just not the reality of the fisheries readily available to me.

Catching the bigger fish from your ecosystem is as much an accomplishment as anything else from my point of view. Good stuff man, call that 16" for sure cause that fish is definitely not fully flat. I wish I caught more 16" smallmouth. Nice work!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went last night.  I was on the lake from 1:30 until 4:30.   I caught 6 dinks, 4 on a bladed jig, 2 on a t-rig.   Picture is the biggest one.  I didn't measure it so I could "call" it 14 inches.   I think there was a Catfish tournament last night.   The (huge) landing was 1/2 full of trailers when I got there.   I wasn't fishing very far from the landing.  Weigh in must have been 3am.  Around 2:50 all kinds of boats came back to the landing.   There was only one trailer left at the landing when I came home.   

Aug 6.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

@thediscochef and @IcatchDinks, now that's been established that @IcatchDinks folds bass to make them appear smaller, I wonder what other visual tricks he's using to shrink his fish so that his screen name fits. Just as some of us thrust our bass at the camera to make them appear larger, @IcatchDinks is working the other way. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I had pretty good day on the water despite the rain and wind. We caught about 20 good size large mouth and even a striper.

 

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the monster catfish I brought in that did this because my phone was drenched but I'll let you take a guess as to how big it was. 

 

20230806_111748.thumb.jpg.b0fca7bbd7c6ebefc494d935c5791af0.jpg

 

20230806_111903.thumb.jpg.f6187b04ef1ee536e2ecbf7a45c6441c.jpg

 

This a Deps Evoke 3.0. It's a 1oz, 3in+ squarebill. The catfish I caught bent out a 40lb test Owner Hyper Wire split ring and pretty much ate this big lure whole. It was awesome. 

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FishTank said:

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the monster catfish I brought in that did this because my phone was drenched but I'll let you take a guess as to how big it was. 

I've seen a lot of "how much does this fish weigh" posts but never one that didn't include a photo of the fish!  LOL!

That sounds like a good day.  I don't mind the weather either.  That catfish had to be a beast. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
2 hours ago, FishTank said:

I had pretty good day on the water despite the rain and wind. We caught about 20 good size large mouth and even a striper.

 

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the monster catfish I brought in that did this because my phone was drenched but I'll let you take a guess as to how big it was. 

 

20230806_111748.thumb.jpg.b0fca7bbd7c6ebefc494d935c5791af0.jpg

 

20230806_111903.thumb.jpg.f6187b04ef1ee536e2ecbf7a45c6441c.jpg

 

This a Deps Evoke 3.0. It's a 1oz, 3in+ squarebill. The catfish I caught bent out a 40lb test Owner Hyper Wire split ring and pretty much ate this big lure whole. It was awesome. 

 

I have an F13 Rapala that a musky hit. I didn't catch the musky. There's a steel wire in an F13 Rapala. I know this because the musky ripped it out of the lure's body, splintering the balsa. It also deformed the hooks and this all happened in about two seconds of thrashing, splashing fury. Then it loaded my rod with so much energy that when the beast spat the lure, it whizzed past my head.

 

I love that lure.

 

Treasure yours too. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Okay lost two fish, had a few definitive bites. Skunked. I’m not entirely sure that I chalk this trip up as a loss though. One of the fish I lost on the jig, and I’m pretty sure that fish is bigger than any I’ve tango’d with on this lake. It actually started to run during the fight and kinda do its own thing. Felt really heavy. If it was a bass, I consider the trip a win. I know where that bass’s crib is at, lol. It was sitting on something that I had marked in deep water months ago. There were a ton of very large fish arches in the area just roaming, and plentiful bait

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
33 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

Okay lost two fish, had a few definitive bites. Skunked. I’m not entirely sure that I chalk this trip up as a loss though. One of the fish I lost on the jig, and I’m pretty sure that fish is bigger than any I’ve tango’d with on this lake. It actually started to run during the fight and kinda do its own thing. Felt really heavy. If it was a bass, I consider the trip a win. I know where that bass’s crib is at, lol. It was sitting on something that I had marked in deep water months ago. There were a ton of very large fish arches in the area just roaming, and plentiful bait

 

I see your PB is 9-10 lbs., so you know what a big bass feels like and you have the address of your next PB. Ex-ci-ting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.