Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

Master Bait'r

• Global Moderator

@Smirak, it was approaching 200 degrees there last summer 😂 

@OmegaDPW, those same mepps were my dad’s favorite lure. They cost $5 back in those days (circa 1990) so they haven’t gone up too much. He never let us cast them because they were too expensive 😂 

🤣 I know the feeling. I'm gonna tell my wife she needs to run these under a bobber to keep it off the weeds, stumps and rocks in the ponds we fish. 

I mighta got 'em confused with some other inline spinners. I have never fished these things. I was always a "Beetle Spin for a buck" kind of guy. Caught a lot of fish for that dollar, too. 😉

• Like 1

Megabass bait monkey bit hard. Picked these up from a variety of sources over the past month. Never fished them before and can hardly wait to start throwing them...... Onetens, Oneten Jr.'s, & X-80's.

Edit* The color selection was guided by the many recommendations of BR members, thanks!

IMG_5516aaaa.jpg.12786e92608b8f4c06ce822ff4a0d386.jpg

• Like 13

• Super User

Won some great stuff from Basslivesmatter.     Think I need to wait for a bit warmer water temps for that Hangover as I'm seeing reports and footage of it blowing out like a magdraft unless you get the right speed.   

prize-from-basslivesmatter.jpg

• Like 13

• Super User

I bet it was in that 48min video he posted about this bait a few weeks back.   I couldn't do 48mins for a bait I didn't own at the time 😁

The guy I won it from has really cool big swimbait footage on his channel where he trolls them in front of one of those underwater cams meant for it.  He did a recent one on this bait and it was blowing out.   He gets fish catches on KGB glides on it which is how I found his stuff.     

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

I bet it was in that 48min video he posted about this bait a few weeks back.   I couldn't do 48mins for a bait I didn't own at the time 😁

The guy I won it from has really cool big swimbait footage on his channel where he trolls them in front of one of those underwater cams meant for it.  He did a recent one on this bait and it was blowing out.   He gets fish catches on KGB glides on it which is how I found his stuff.     

time stamped .... :kiss:

• Thanks 1

I’ve been eyeballing this rod since last spring and finally pulled the trigger last week. The reel was purchased last spring with the intention of going onto this rod. Sorry the photos aren’t the greatest quality. IMG_2605.jpeg.17c6b46fc28e47a1d4a377d6cfbd2902.jpegIMG_2607.jpeg.ced52e6c20c15dc21dc8bc75ac1ab48a.jpegIMG_2612.jpeg.200ab8f6c55cc3413a07cad689ef21d9.jpegIMG_2614.jpeg.fb3ecaf1ebe9c8d060b5d6482fda3418.jpeg

• Like 17

So since I’m on this self imposed “no actual bait buying in 2024” ban, the thought occurred to me that a subscription box wouldn’t technically violate that rule since I don’t know what’s in it, right?  Been digging 6th sense lately and want to give their bag a try. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Super User
Just now, Smirak said:

So since I’m on this self imposed “no actual bait buying in 2024” ban, the thought occurred to me that a subscription box wouldn’t technically violate that rule since I don’t know what’s in it, right?  Been digging 6th sense lately and want to give their bag a try. 

I'm on the ban too for 2024.  My opinion is that if you bought it, you violated.  But that's just me.

Ask for it as a gift from the Mrs.  Or just cave into the ban.  lol

My bday is coming up in about 40 days so I've got a built in work-around.

• Haha 2

• Super User
53 minutes ago, Smirak said:

This definitely does NOT violate the ban. You're buying a sack. What 6th Sense decides to put in it is up to them. 

31 minutes ago, JediAmoeba said:

Pretty excited to try this one out.

20240123_134501_compress39.jpg

I've had this in my cart for a while at Ali Express. Where'd you get it? If I get one I may replace the knobs, though. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

This definitely does NOT violate the ban. You're buying a sack. What 6th Sense decides to put in it is up to them. 

I've had this in my cart for a while at Ali Express. Where'd you get it? If I get one I may replace the knobs, though. 

$120 on Ali Express. Took 8 days to get it. The knobs feel like the SLW works ones.

10 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

It comes with a drag clicker like the Zillions.

20240123_143015_compress16.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

Nice! What's the seller? I haven't found that particular model that cheap. 

The store I bought it from now has it listed for $138. WIHIWI Store.

• Like 1

• Super User

Went to get two packs of the Kietech jigheads, the monkey rammed everything else in lol.   The Flashboost popper isn't my favorite color but for $5 I'm not saying no.   Same deal on that Sunline FC....not my preferred Sunline FC, but at $3.99 per 110yds, might as well lol.  

DSC07259.jpg

@ol'crickety  might as well spend some of your money as well 😂  Those Midst heads are what I wanted in the beginning based on what the actual Japanese guys use (they been mid strolling for several years before us) and recommend for the technique.     Their reasoning is the line tie orientation on the Midst head. 

These are the three heads I intend to play around with:

1. Keitech Super Round Tungsten Jighead 1/8th 2/0    *** Proven winner in my book

2. Owner Range Roller 1/8th 3/0 for the Drift Fry Mellow 5.2 or similar 5" minnows   ***looks amazing, better than the Kietech, no fish catches though.

3. Deps Midst 1/8th 2/0   *** Haven't tried them yet.   

The Midst is on the left, and Keitech on the right in the pic.

DSC07261.jpg

ETA:  I just put together what MIDST means lol, Mid Strolling.   Not the sharpest knife in the drawer 

• Like 13

• Super User

Alex, I placed an order with TW today (mostly jigheads and soft plastics from that Tactical Bassin' video), another order arrived this morning, and I placed two orders last week. For the love of my purse, I can't place another!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6th sense cranks are good enough for my waters that they get the benefit of the doubt on new releases.

They just release a 'pressure' series - flatsides from 4FOW to 16FOW.  Got a box full of them, and some of the 97x provokes in regular, DD, and silent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

Went to get two packs of the Kietech jigheads, the monkey rammed everything else in lol.   The Flashboost popper isn't my favorite color but for $5 I'm not saying no.   Same deal on that Sunline FC....not my preferred Sunline FC, but at $3.99 per 110yds, might as well lol.  

DSC07259.jpg

@ol'crickety  might as well spend some of your money as well 😂  Those Midst heads are what I wanted in the beginning based on what the actual Japanese guys use (they been mid strolling for several years before us) and recommend for the technique.     Their reasoning is the line tie orientation on the Midst head. 

These are the three heads I intend to play around with:

1. Keitech Super Round Tungsten Jighead 1/8th 2/0    *** Proven winner in my book

2. Owner Range Roller 1/8th 3/0 for the Drift Fry Mellow 5.2 or similar 5" minnows   ***looks amazing, better than the Kietech, no fish catches though.

3. Deps Midst 1/8th 2/0   *** Haven't tried them yet.   

The Midst is on the left, and Keitech on the right in the pic.

DSC07261.jpg

ETA:  I just put together what MIDST means lol, Mid Strolling.   Not the sharpest knife in the drawer 

I really like those Midst jigheads - I’ve found the weed guard to be surprisingly weedless as it is stiffer than most. You’ll be hammering them with it and those 4” Flash J’s!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bass Rutten said:

BPS stop today; the new Yamamoto fat senko, booyah one knocker, squarebull 7.5 & 6.5, Zman mulletron in junebug cuz florida.

IMG_1870.jpeg.a30aeb79736e4d3f6f980ff939ccbc51.jpeg

For those who are curious, 14.5 grams on the fat senko, she gonna fly!

IMG_1869.jpeg.14a00e33393993878f31ededd7596675.jpeg

Right on.  Reminds me of the Wave Worms Tiki Bamboo stick from years ago.