Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

Master Bait'r

7 hours ago, RipzLipz said:

@JediAmoeba or @Derek1 is that the 7" Slobster? Are they still making those?

They do make them but only sell them at shows I guess. They were at the NE Expo this past weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had asked people on BR for recommendations for flat sided crank baits and got many replies and suggestions -- these are the ones I purchased (thru several companies/sales) -- I look forward to giving them a try this spring !

PXL_20240206_190521664.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, WaskaCrank12 said:

flat sided crank baits

Get a few Rapala Tiny 4 baits too. They have been the best producing flat for me and my crew.

22 hours ago, JediAmoeba said:

I have tried to like glass-type rods for chatterbaits and just can't get used to it. I much prefer an xf graphite rod with direct feedback.

I vacillate between a Loomis JWR and MBR, slower rods don't mesh with my style very well. I tried a St Croix Rip N Chatter which was ok, but felt a little sloppy to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Super User

Last week a ginormous Pickerel swiped my prized and perfectly tuned SPRO Shad 40 Floater in Wicked Perch, so I self-soothed with a little shopping.

1 stf aa - Copy.jpg

1 stf bb - Copy.jpg

1 stf cc - Copy.jpg

1 stf dd - Copy.jpg

• Like 16

Wanted a dedicated jerkbait reel so I could use my Curado 70 for something else and didn’t wanna spend much since I hate jerkbait fishing haha. Been curious about the quality of these little guys, figured why not for $99. 

image.jpeg.2c036cb885b72483e616eea99e60a2e5.jpeg

• Like 12

19 hours ago, RichF said:

Wanted a dedicated jerkbait reel so I could use my Curado 70 for something else and didn’t wanna spend much since I hate jerkbait fishing haha. Been curious about the quality of these little guys, figured why not for $99. 

image.jpeg.2c036cb885b72483e616eea99e60a2e5.jpeg

I think you’ll be happy, I have one that I use for cranks and Jerkbaits and it casts them so well. 

• Like 1

• Super User

Just purchased more jerkbaits.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Strike_King_KVD_300_Sinking_Deep_Jerkbait/descpage-SKKVDDJ.html

Seems it's a race at this point.

I'll either sell all my gear,

replace it with all new gear,

or

we'll get open water.

Stay tuned

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

(Whispering) From the last sales. Add/replenish trailer supply, a few new lures & a couple prop baits to try out up at Rainy Lake & see if the smaller profile gets more looks. One Mini Max is already tied up with a matching Hog Farmer Spunk Shad trailer (chartreuse & white).

AECDD107-8819-42A1-9835-853DE326E18B.jpeg.ae691839c708b8c3e65df56adf703456.jpeg

• Like 14

Got a new cheap reel for my ultralight, wanted to try some 2lb test, just spooled up a old beater that I had two days ago with 4Lb and didn’t feel like ripping it off to put 2lb on. I also got some line and some crappie baits to go with it lol.

IMG_1765.jpeg

• Like 12

Here is my bass pro haul from a week ago. Notable items inspired by this forum, the buzz bait @Pat Brown, the snagless Sally @Catt and the blade baits although they didn't have the vault so I got a few others to try. Someone mentioned the steel shad, don't recall who but I went with the big one. No dinks here 😎 

Compress_20240210_071152_2648.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Dwight Hottle Out of curiosity, I recall the Lindner’s mentioning pink colors can sometimes be a hot color for SMB. Has that been your experience as well?

• Super User
9 minutes ago, RipzLipz said:

@Dwight Hottle Out of curiosity, I recall the Lindner’s mentioning pink colors can sometimes be a hot color for SMB. Has that been your experience as well?

Yes sir

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I caved & paid more than I should have but wasn’t going to wait around for weeks or months for resupply to happen (or not). I figure if they don’t work as hoped for LMB, the SMB might very well tear them up when I head north.

In addition to being willing to overpay a bit, knowing Japanese tendencies for certain mispronunciations aided greatly in finding some hard to find colors.

IMG_0979.jpeg.3ef869818dbe32893ce09729493bab83.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg.bf399eed30465d588b1db331c794d68c.jpeg

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, RipzLipz said:

Well, I caved & paid more than I should have but wasn’t going to wait around for weeks or months for resupply to happen (or not). I figure if they don’t work as hoped for LMB, the SMB might very well tear them up when I head north.

In addition to being willing to overpay a bit, knowing Japanese tendencies for certain mispronunciations aided greatly in finding some hard to find colors.

IMG_0979.jpeg.3ef869818dbe32893ce09729493bab83.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg.bf399eed30465d588b1db331c794d68c.jpeg

Ripped, Can you shoot/PM me a link to your JDM dealer? I've hunted for the 4" drift fry with no luck.

FM

@roadwarrior 5 here, mainly to try & get an idea if color will matter that much & which ones. The Sweet Fish color matches closest what I tend to see the most in the small waters I fish or matches colors with which I’ve had success most often (darker green/brownish back, lighter bellies) with some colors that are also more flash, closer to maybe a  threadfin.