Jump to content

Show your ride...


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BigBiscuit said:

My daughter and her husband live on Oldham Pond in Hanson. I fish there a lot out of convenience. They have a dock and my son-in-law has a Skeeter bass boat, but we fish all over really. That's the only pond that is a regular for us. Everywhere else is fair game. Oh, and Monponsett in Halifax is kind of a regular too, but that gets fished harder than most, so the bite can be tough there.

Very true  I’ve fished monponsett a few times and it is very true. It is heavily fished. That’s where I brought my new to me boat on its maiden voyage last September.  I’ve fished wampatuck pond a lot in the past  the bite is decent there. And there is a nice little boat ramp behind town hall 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ratherbefishing75 said:

Very true  I’ve fished monponsett a few times and it is very true. It is heavily fished. That’s where I brought my new to me boat on its maiden voyage last September.  I’ve fished wampatuck pond a lot in the past  the bite is decent there. And there is a nice little boat ramp behind town hall 

Yup. That's a pretty shallow pond though, but still some decent fish there. If we fish there, we typically only use the trolling motor around the whole pond. That little ramp hardly gets any use. My daughter works in the Town Hall there and she says there's hardly ever anyone there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigBiscuit said:

Yup. That's a pretty shallow pond though, but still some decent fish there. If we fish there, we typically only use the trolling motor around the whole pond. That little ramp hardly gets any use. My daughter works in the Town Hall there and she says there's hardly ever anyone there.

She may have seen me in my canoe slide in there  I don’t think ill

be bring my big boat in there any time soon plus there is a horsepower restriction in there.  I see that your new on bass resource welcome   How do you like it so far.   Everyone on here is super helpful  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ratherbefishing75 said:

She may have seen me in my canoe slide in there  I don’t think ill

be bring my big boat in there any time soon plus there is a horsepower restriction in there.  I see that your new on bass resource welcome   How do you like it so far.   Everyone on here is super helpful  

I haven't had the chance to really use the boat yet. We managed a quick test run, but that was it. It'll be perfect for the fishing ponds around this part of the state. I'm very impressed with the welcome and helpfulness of BR so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BigBiscuit said:

I haven't had the chance to really use the boat yet. We managed a quick test run, but that was it. It'll be perfect for the fishing ponds around this part of the state. I'm very impressed with the welcome and helpfulness of BR so far.

Definitely there is a lot of good information on a lot of videos that I find myself going down the rabbit hole watching all the time

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just picked up a 1985 charger. 18.5 footer. Had a sukuki 150 on it. Needed parts that couldn't be found. So I'm putting on a johnson 140. See hiw it does when the ice melts. Hoping it'll go decently.

Just now, jeh said:

Just picked up a 1985 charger. 18.5 footer. Had a sukuki 150 on it. Needed parts that couldn't be found. So I'm putting on a johnson 140. See hiw it does when the ice melts. Hoping it'll go decently.

 

Just picked up a 1985 charger. 18.5 footer. Had a sukuki 150 on it. Needed parts that couldn't be found. So I'm putting on a johnson 140. See hiw it does when the ice melts. Hoping it'll go decently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 1/29/2023 at 8:58 AM, Choporoz said:

Got new boat wet yesterday finally.  First time I posted pic of my Durango without a kayak on top.

  Lowe Stinger 175 with Merc 60.   Not big, but should be perfect for my 2800 acre lake.  Everything checked out well except the Motorguide 70 foot pedal is exceedingly stiff.  I need to see if they bound the cables somewhat when installing the transducer.  Otherwise pretty happy with it so far. 

20230128_115749_copy_2016x908.jpg

Got the outboard broken in, got a little slime, and was able to loosen up the TM steering somewhat, and though I still need to re-do transducer cable.  Still pretty happy with it.  Runs just over 30 mph (gps) with two of us and gear.  Plenty for this lake.

20230211_125015.jpg

20230211_091214.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally picked it up today after closing the deal two weeks ago. 2005 Ranger Reata 1850VS with a 2013 Mercury Verado 150 and 9.9 kicker. Plenty of people on this site probably dont know what a kicker is but I digress... its been taken care of very well and there's only a few things here or there i need to do like new trailer tires and bunks.

Screenshot_20230203-115637_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
58 minutes ago, Vilas15 said:

Finally picked it up today after closing the deal two weeks ago. 2005 Ranger Reata 1850VS with a 2013 Mercury Verado 150 and 9.9 kicker. Plenty of people on this site probably dont know what a kicker is but I digress... its been taken care of very well and there's only a few things here or there i need to do like new trailer tires and bunks.

Screenshot_20230203-115637_Chrome.jpg

Sweet Rig !

Congrats

btw, that's some lovely green foliage & grass for February in Wisconsin. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, A-Jay said:

Sweet Rig !

Congrats

btw, that's some lovely green foliage & grass for February in Wisconsin. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

? That's a photo from the ad the owner originally posted back in october. I had to get the hose out and spray the salt off when i got it home before parking in the garage.

 

3 hours ago, gimruis said:

I do. When is the maiden voyage?

Soon as Lake Mendota opens up now that wisconsin has year round catch and release for bass. I'd guess sometime in april.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 2/18/2023 at 3:42 PM, Vilas15 said:

Finally picked it up today after closing the deal two weeks ago. 2005 Ranger Reata 1850VS with a 2013 Mercury Verado 150 and 9.9 kicker. Plenty of people on this site probably dont know what a kicker is but I digress... its been taken care of very well and there's only a few things here or there i need to do like new trailer tires and bunks.

Screenshot_20230203-115637_Chrome.jpg

Congrats on the new ride!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
16 minutes ago, Vilas15 said:

Thanks. So much room in this thing it's crazy. You can really feel it back there when towing compared to a 1650 aluminum Lund.

20230219_152529.jpg

They do weigh a bit more, for sure, but like you said, they've got a lot of room. Plus they handle rough water really well! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you. I’ve had her since august 2020 but still love her. 
Well my first hull got a crack. That is the new and improved 2023 hull they replaced It with. Here’s the og. I like the black better. 
 

 

EAD1FEFE-5751-41E1-B3C8-58983551071A.jpeg

CF8B54B0-EF07-4F8A-88D4-20E955082F23.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 minute ago, Cbump said:

Thank you. I’ve had her since august 2020 but still love her. 
Well my first hull got a crack. That is the new and improved 2023 hull they replaced It with. Here’s the og. I like the black better. 
 

 

EAD1FEFE-5751-41E1-B3C8-58983551071A.jpeg

CF8B54B0-EF07-4F8A-88D4-20E955082F23.jpeg

She's beautiful! 

 

BTW: Your boat's nice too! :) 

 

Good luck with the rig.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cbump said:

Haha the boat is way less mean to me. 

That is why we try to spend so much time on our boats!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • fishing reel

    fishing forum

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.