Jump to content

Show off your Stuff


Recommended Posts

Finally gave in and picked up a new zillion tw hd. This is my first new reel purchase since early last year. It's very smooth for an 8.1 ratio reel. The boost spool is okay, obviously meant for lures on heavier side, it's nice to have a deep spool option, i use mostly 34mm SV spools. Happy with it so far.

 

20220711-135143.jpg

 

20220712-163649.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, KP Duty said:

Nice rig dude.  I see you are in Norman....lived there from '99-'07.  Went to school there and stayed around a few years after.  Great ponds to fish, which Tulsa doesn't have.

Thanks man! there are still few good ponds left but most are over fished and too pressured. Do you remember any secret fishing holes around here????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, T2DM said:

Thanks man! there are still few good ponds left but most are over fished and too pressured. Do you remember any secret fishing holes around here????

Pm sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

My first BFS casting rod Kuying Super Lite Ajing 7'6" 

Used with Daiwa T3 RoroX spool 8# X5 line and 1/32jig with Keitech 2.5" swing impact. I think around 3 grams or so total lure weight.

Lots of fun with this today.

IMG_5257.jpg.8ecbf467d9786825ae79c77a8d5dc3cc.jpg

 

first fish

IMG_5259.jpg.97f363e9fb8a4683654561b7ed4a97af.jpg

 

first catfish, rod handled it well.

IMG_5261.jpg.4b8bcc817c89f8c76d61f27521c81309.jpg

 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Ooh, ooh, ooh...

Fresh outta da box. 

Sorry guys, got the last one on Amazon.JP for $257 shipped DHL Express. 

 

MbR0DJk.jpg

 

Like any good warewolf tale, he'll change...

 

adJIDZY.jpg

OK, I just checked - they still say Only 1 left - so it's still there. 

I'm quite sure no exchange rate fluctuation will give me buyer's remorse. 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bulldog1935 said:

Ooh, ooh, ooh...

Fresh outta da box. 

Sorry guys, got the last one on Amazon.JP for $257 shipped DHL Express. 

Like any good warewolf tale, he'll change...

MbR0DJk.jpg

Loving the jdm exchange rate hmm? Waiting a little longer before I pull the trigger, fed is bumping up interest rates soon here at home, should exhasterbate the situation further

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
19 minutes ago, bulldog1935 said:

Ooh, ooh, ooh...

Fresh outta da box. 

Sorry guys, got the last one on Amazon.JP for $257 shipped DHL Express. 

Like any good warewolf tale, he'll change...

MbR0DJk.jpg

Nice, I've almost pulled the trigger on this one a few times. I just don't fish braid much, it's either one of these or another HD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad picture but just picked this up for $50. Going to try my hand at customizing It for a swimbait reel. Going to make a thread about It because I don’t know where to start. 
 

 

7E315CAD-CD2C-41C2-AAD8-40D061BE1018.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 7/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, bulldog1935 said:

Ooh, ooh, ooh...

Fresh outta da box. 

Sorry guys, got the last one on Amazon.JP for $257 shipped DHL Express. 

 

MbR0DJk.jpg

 

Like any good warewolf tale, he'll change...

 

adJIDZY.jpg

OK, I just checked - they still say Only 1 left - so it's still there. 

I'm quite sure no exchange rate fluctuation will give me buyer's remorse. 

You just had to post this, didn't you. Drool...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, Cbump said:

Bad picture but just picked this up for $50. Going to try my hand at customizing It for a swimbait reel. Going to make a thread about It because I don’t know where to start. 
 

 

7E315CAD-CD2C-41C2-AAD8-40D061BE1018.jpeg


 

Got some goodies in the mail yesterday. Waiting on two more packages. 
 

 

C1BD77AE-ED3F-4470-BD96-AF79A28C7406.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cbump said:


 

Got some goodies in the mail yesterday. Waiting on two more packages. 
 

 

C1BD77AE-ED3F-4470-BD96-AF79A28C7406.jpeg

Good luck dude.  Spool/star drag/knobs is the extent of my reel customizing.  I'm no mechanic....I end up with 'extra parts' when I get the reel back together.  I can't be good at everything, lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Columbia Craw said:

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!  Put a hook on your reel hood.............. I can’t breathe!!!!!!

Different strokes for different folks, but I won't even let my reel's paint job touch the grass when I bank fish.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KP Duty said:

Different strokes for different folks, but I won't even let my reel's paint job touch the grass when I bank fish.  

True. Different strokes. I won’t bank fish. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Columbia Craw said:

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!  Put a hook on your reel hood.............. I can’t breathe!!!!!!

I’ve found these things kinda help with that and save passenger seats… https://eyesurrendernow.com/shop/ols/categories/wraps 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Don't think I'd go so far as to classify these as anything worth "showing off" - lol - but I picked them up locally on clearance this week for the same price as buying one online. They'll be matched up with a pair of my favorite finesse rods (ML Shimano Clarus) for an identical set of combos.

 

image.png.814e13a41a53024b233fa88770f2761e.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Team9nine said:

Don't think I'd go so far as to classify these as anything worth "showing off" - lol - but I picked them up locally on clearance this week for the same price as buying one online. They'll be matched up with a pair of my favorite finesse rods (ML Shimano Clarus) for an identical set of combos.

 

image.png.814e13a41a53024b233fa88770f2761e.png

Well you definitely showed off the boxes ? I for one don’t care about brands or how much, but I would love to see the actual reels and the rod /reel combos. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
33 minutes ago, Eric 26 said:

Well you definitely showed off the boxes ? I for one don’t care about brands or how much, but I would love to see the actual reels and the rod /reel combos. 

 

Here you go...the top setup has the "new" version Clarus rod; the bottom is the original "old" rod version.

 

BR1.JPG.1b3fb32794f93b96e9c6dee3e9cf95e1.JPG

 

BR2.thumb.JPG.1831ed02253eec03a4b7debfe4e8fdbd.JPG

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Team9nine said:

 

Here you go...the top setup has the "new" version Clarus rod; the bottom is the original "old" rod version.

 

BR1.JPG.1b3fb32794f93b96e9c6dee3e9cf95e1.JPG

 

BR2.thumb.JPG.1831ed02253eec03a4b7debfe4e8fdbd.JPG

Not going to lie I’m a sucker for color matching combos so the new rod/reel version is awesome ? With that said I know nothing about the “Clarus” rods but wow I like the reel seat on the older rod/reel version. Very nice and thank you for taking the time to show them off. Can’t wait to see/hear reports on your future catches on these combos. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.