Rock Bass ?

Looks like a Smallmouth Bass to me.

And a pretty nice one at that.

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 4

• Super User

He did say 'Oklahoma rock bass'....

Everyone knows Oakies are a little strange...

Nice fish

• Haha 2

• Global Moderator

It’s always a good laugh when you call a drum an Alabama smallmouth as well. Although Friday I caught several in a row and wore the joke out 😂 

• Haha 3

• Global Moderator

My son and I went with my friend yesterday to help him set beaver traps (see above pictures of their handy work). He just found this place last week and was raving about it Friday night. When I saw it I was drooling! We don’t have flooded timber like you southerners do so I thought I was in heaven! Unfortunately after looking at satellite photos and doing a little research on this place it was made by the DNR and almost completely dries up in the summer so no bass. I pictured myself pitching jigs all day to all that wood hoping for a giant bass. Oh well, it’s still a cool place off the beaten path.

IMG_2885.jpeg

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

When I saw it I was drooling!

So interesting the difference in geography and bass fishing.  This looks like a huge headache to me.  Nearly every lake around me for hundreds of miles is man-made.  Let me tell you something about this pic and what you imagined...will there be bass in there?  Heck yes.  Will you find them?  If the stars align.  You are right that you would pitch jigs all day long.  And out of 300 trees you'll find 2 that the bass like for some stupid reason that no one except a bass could possibly know.  This pic just looks like more anxiety-inducing thumps on my lower unit. 

Sounds like I need to drag my boat up north so I can run it wide open until the tank is dry for the first time ever!  LOL

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

@BigAngus752 I’m drooling because all our lakes a old muck bottom, soup bowls, with no standing timber, at least the ones around me. I’m envious of the flooded waters and cypress trees that are down south. I’d envy it until of hit a stump and destroy my lower unit. 😂

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

Hank being depressed he can’t come down and eat the cat food and cat litter. 😂

IMG_2888.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Tega Cay on SC on Lake Wylie has an overpopulation of Deer.  The council has been going around about what to do about them.  They wanted to hire sharp shooters to kill some of them, but some of the residents thought that was cruel.  (overpopulated animal populations is cruel)  They finally settled on shooting the Deer with "Birth Control Darts".   (no I didn't make that up)

Jan 8 deer.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I didn’t get a chance to post but yesterday was our 5 year foster fail of what has turned out to be one of the best dogs my wife and I have ever had both together and as kids😃IMG_2581.jpeg.3441d183d5bacd1f8784b99bc90cad7a.jpegIMG_1229.jpeg.5e5558501e405970e9037f1f4a44c459.jpegIMG_2580.jpeg.de8da833648616e220dcab58e0af7a4d.jpegIMG_1122.jpeg.d098fd67cb2bdef7d9f07a371b0eeda5.jpegIMG_1008.jpeg.f25e1e80dbf5958258e824155ad93134.jpeg

BTW his name is Steve 😉

Edited by Eric 26
Removed photos added content
  • Like 11

Almost like Kevin is asking for a napkin to wipe off his paws.

2EDE7F01-9C5B-4C8F-87F0-DD7FB43B0187.jpeg.4ab46514b1fd9b2c66e9c47f224e0cb5.jpeg

Kevin playing peekaboo & finally coming to grab one (of many).

46D4773D-B154-425E-867A-086E5B786889.jpeg.2fc1c0c2a040e1b2a3e1e11e2cb5d558.jpeg

1AAD52FD-6861-46DB-A3A1-6753F354D7DE.jpeg.2db51455ff32dfe3f10f53cbec3c686e.jpeg

• Like 8

• Super User

The reason I won’t be catching any bass in my closest reservoir for a few weeks. Over 4” of rain and the red clay is just pouring in. The whole lake will turn this color in about 24-48 hours. 

IMG_0792.jpeg.db4be14b94a255acc560d70efbbed12e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Global Moderator
32 minutes ago, Team9nine said:

The reason I won’t be catching any bass in my closest reservoir for a few weeks. Over 4” of rain and the red clay is just pouring in. The whole lake will turn this color in about 24-48 hours. 

Thats the color of the water in Knoxville right now with massive waves to boot 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I remember a warm up in March one year after a big rain and a much bigger stream of water was still high but moving slow and looked like chocolate milk. I threw that chartreuse Booyah spinnerbait because I was there and nothing else to do. Bam!! Smallmouth keyed in on the vibration and was wanting a meal. 

• Like 3

• Super User
1 hour ago, TnRiver46 said:

Thats the color of the water in Knoxville right now

@LrgmouthShad's profile photo has some water that looks like that too!  And yet somehow he is holding a fish he caught from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Team9nine said:

That's the way everything looks around here.  Tomorrow is my last vacation day.  I'll be trying to coax a few.  The water was just starting to clear up from the last flood.   

• Like 1

• Super User
1 hour ago, gimruis said:

@LrgmouthShad's profile photo has some water that looks like that too!  And yet somehow he is holding a fish he caught from it.

That’s ol muddy when it is actually muddy. 

Although I prefer clearer water, I’m fine with muddy water with one exception. Muddy + cold water = might as well do something else because I ain’t catching. If the water is anywhere near 40 degrees, forget about it. @Team9nine’s situation with muddiness occurring rapidly is also one of my least favorite scenarios.

• Like 2

• Super User
24 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

That’s ol muddy when it is actually muddy. 

Although I prefer clearer water, I’m fine with muddy water with one exception. Muddy + cold water = might as well do something else because I ain’t catching. If the water is anywhere near 40 degrees, forget about it. @Team9nine’s situation with muddiness occurring rapidly is also one of my least favorite scenarios.

Yep - our water temp was 45 deg Mon., and this was a cold rain. They aren’t going to like it - lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1