Post a photo a day!

Glenn

@Crow Horse Hummers are cool little birds IMO. Here’s a late season straggler from this past mid-October. Have yet to have one perch on a finger but they aren’t shy about hovering 2-3 feet from our faces or peering into windows to introduce themselves. 🙂

42D0AC38-5A14-4BEA-AFC0-1FCCD5D9CC94.jpeg.e44b4bdc99df4beb7a3a3c3767cf7277.jpeg

• Like 4

• Global Moderator

Well I was looking for the eagles nest behind our house with my $5 binoculars, didn’t find the nest but there were two eagles sitting side by side on a limb 

IMG-4003.jpg

• Like 5

Got a new attachment for my new toy yesterday. Nice set of forks, now I can lift skids of stone off my truck and trailer, and my back is screaming “thank you sir”! It’ll come in handy around the farm for lifting all kinds of stuff as well. 

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

• Like 7

@AlabamaSpothunter Thanks for asking. They’re all wild, either born and/or weaned on or next to our property. I live in a subdivision so they’re more used to people than a squirrel living in the woods might be. It’s a long-winded story how it all started & how I get them to trust me. If you’re truly interested, PM me - don’t wish to bore others or derail the thread.

Others can feel free to PM me about it as well if interested , I don’t mind at all. 👍

• Like 2

• Super User

@Way north bass guy my property would look similar if I displayed photos comparing last year to this year.

I don't know how much snow you had last winter and how much you average there.  Our average here in the Twin Cities is right around 50 inches, and we received 91 last year.  So far this year I've gotten about 3 inches total.  2.5 fell on Halloween and a couple other trace amounts here and there, obviously all melted now.  2+ inches of rain the past couple days.

We’re similar to you. From Christmas Eve to about the 27th last year we got over 4’, and the power was out around here  off and on until after New Year’s Day. This is much nicer, although I find it funny that the year I get a new tractor with a big blower on it, I hardly need it. I’m sure It'll get used in the future though.  

• Like 1

• Super User

Doesn’t look like much but a foggy field, but this is one of the properties my girlfriend and I are scouting as a possible build location. About 10 acres of field and woodland, and there is a little bog on the back end of the property. We’re both very excited even though we’re in the beginning stages. image000000.jpeg.a3c511079bd53c93da4c9c2c854a073d.jpeg

• Like 10

• Global Moderator

Mrs. 12poundbass and I had a little date night last night and saw the Starlink satellites coming across the night sky. This was her first time seeing them. For those of you in Michigan they’ll be visible for the next couple nights (weather permitting) around 6:25 pm coming from west to east.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 9

I constantly and working with river to training him and keep him occupied with activities. He  walked up this log. Stopped so I could take the picture than had him turn around and walk back down it. This also helps him with his “fine motor skills” so to speak. 1.5 years ago he knew no commands and barely knew his name. IMG_2023-12-31-132045.jpeg.5335cc82bfaf06430bae4feef72917df.jpeg

• Like 10

• Super User

Best picture of the year for me.

Although I'm not sure Tank would agree . . . 

Lynnandthepack.jpg.2326370919af7356454fef63f5b27eb6.jpg

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 12

This is one of the reasons I didn't fish this weekend.  I took this on a test drive Thursday.  We had over 5 inches of rain.  This is the South Fork river 10 miles of so North of Lake Wylie.  1/3 of Lake Wylie's water come from here.  It was reported to be 10 feet high.  There's a small rock dam here and another about 3 miles down river.  You can see the other side of this dam from I-85.  

South Fork.jpg

• Like 2

• Super User
1 hour ago, Woody B said:

This is one of the reasons I didn't fish this weekend.  I took this on a test drive Thursday.  We had over 5 inches of rain.  This is the South Fork river 10 miles of so North of Lake Wylie.  1/3 of Lake Wylie's water come from here.  It was reported to be 10 feet high.  There's a small rock dam here and another about 3 miles down river.  You can see the other side of this dam from I-85.  

South Fork.jpg

Any excuse is better than none.😀

• Haha 1