Jump to content

Show off your Stuff


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, PingDawg said:

Bait monkey got me.  Not pictured are the rods.  6’10 M Expride casting, 7’ Med Expride spinning, 7’6 zodias mph glass casting, 7’2 m legend glass casting, 7’4 mh curado glass casting.  This one hurt

9332F6E3-A1CF-46AA-844B-E31DABFBE3E6.jpeg

4F3C7874-CEA0-4003-86C3-03D6387698E5.jpeg

A27788DB-D887-4B2B-A437-044E8E08733D.jpeg

Nicely done. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
19 minutes ago, PingDawg said:

Bait monkey got me.  Not pictured are the rods.  6’10 M Expride casting, 7’ Med Expride spinning, 7’6 zodias mph glass casting, 7’2 m legend glass casting, 7’4 mh curado glass casting.  This one hurt

9332F6E3-A1CF-46AA-844B-E31DABFBE3E6.jpeg

4F3C7874-CEA0-4003-86C3-03D6387698E5.jpeg

A27788DB-D887-4B2B-A437-044E8E08733D.jpeg

I'm looking for a Jerkbait box, what model is that Edge box, and how do you like it for that application?

 

You got two of my favorite baits over the last couple months, the Shimano WM Flashboost, and 110s, although I'm finding the 110jr +1, and 110jr are my favorites from the lineup.   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

I'm looking for a Jerkbait box, what model is that Edge box, and how do you like it for that application?

 

You got two of my favorite baits over the last couple months, the Shimano WM Flashboost, and 110s, although I'm finding the 110jr +1, and 110jr are my favorites from the lineup.   

 

 

It’s the 3700 flex.  I like it.  House my other jerkbaits in lure locks and like them but like the moisture removal of the edge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 minute ago, PingDawg said:

It’s the 3700 flex.  I like it.  House my other jerkbaits in lure locks and like them but like the moisture removal of the edge

thanks!  

 

I like the edge because it seemingly holds each bait firm and secure.   For high dollar $25 Jerkbaits, that sounds like a worthy investment.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
10 hours ago, PingDawg said:

It’s the 3700 flex.  I like it.  House my other jerkbaits in lure locks and like them but like the moisture removal of the edge


Could you try to fit some glide baits in there and see if the lid will close for me at some point?  I have a bunch and they sort of evade a good way to store them effectively and I’ve always wondered if they’d fit in one of those.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Master Bait'r said:


Could you try to fit some glide baits in there and see if the lid will close for me at some point?  I have a bunch and they sort of evade a good way to store them effectively and I’ve always wondered if they’d fit in one of those.  


You possibly could fit them without hooks (think box wouldn’t be deep enough) after breaking in the “prickly” rows.  There are a few rows that are wider but still relatively narrow.  Def not fit any thick glides without trimming parallel rows of “pricklies”.  I'd keep them in clear plastic folder with hook protectors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
13 minutes ago, PingDawg said:


You possibly could fit them without hooks (think box wouldn’t be deep enough) after breaking in the “prickly” rows.  There are a few rows that are wider but still relatively narrow.  Def not fit any thick glides without trimming parallel rows of “pricklies”.  I'd keep them in clear plastic folder with hook protectors



most of my glides are narrow and 1.5oz or less like gan craft 148s, 128s, limberlambers, tiny bullshooters, esflats etc so significantly skinnier than even the 145 or 178 slide swimmers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, evo2s197 said:

Just got the newly released EDGE Epitome MBR 725-1C, utilizing the new X-Ray Air Carbon blank, the rod weights just 2.92 ounces on my scale, I paired it with a 2022 Bantam.

 

So far this is the only Bass specific rod using this new blank that they've released.

20230119_162858_copy_2000x1126.jpg

20230119_162840_copy_2000x1126.jpg

20230119_162703_copy_2000x294.jpg

20230119_162616_copy_1126x1317.jpg

20230119_162546_copy_454x1608.jpg

20230119_162443_copy_756x585.jpg

That’s real nice. What do you plan on using it for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The spare bedroom is my tackle room, but it also holds all my extra clothes, shoes, and cannabis.  Picked up a rush creek round 16-rod rack from Sierra trading to hold my overflow, but I still have a few rods without a permanent spot.  Dusted and even pulled my tubs from under the bed to clean, and snapped a couple pics.  I'll do a reel expose' soon.

n2iU00.jpg

 

Picked up the bookcase at home depot to house my boxes.  80% of 3700/3701's are crankbaits.

 

BPINPJ.jpg

 

Tubs of spare plastics, hooks, etc.

 

Ol0aDw.jpg

 

I'm a crankbait junky, so what are my prized cranks?  Definitely my WEC's.  This is all but 4 sweet pea's that reside in my finesse box.

 

SlEgjv.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
13 hours ago, KP Duty said:

The spare bedroom is my tackle room, but it also holds all my extra clothes, shoes, and cannabis.  Picked up a rush creek round 16-rod rack from Sierra trading to hold my overflow, but I still have a few rods without a permanent spot.  Dusted and even pulled my tubs from under the bed to clean, and snapped a couple pics.  I'll do a reel expose' soon.

n2iU00.jpg

 

Picked up the bookcase at home depot to house my boxes.  80% of 3700/3701's are crankbaits.

 

BPINPJ.jpg

 

Tubs of spare plastics, hooks, etc.

 

Ol0aDw.jpg

 

I'm a crankbait junky, so what are my prized cranks?  Definitely my WEC's.  This is all but 4 sweet pea's that reside in my finesse box.

 

SlEgjv.jpg

 

I grow my own smoke, so I have quite a stash.

 

wyljZN.jpg

I wanna see the reels that go on those high dollar rods.......you think you'll ever fish it all, or do you just enjoy collecting some of the stuff.     You got a very impressive collection.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

I wanna see the reels that go on those high dollar rods.......you think you'll ever fish it all, or do you just enjoy collecting some of the stuff.     You got a very impressive collection.

 

My freedom level isn't high enough to comment on the Oregano ?

I have a few limited versions of the frame I like ('16 zillion/'17 Tatula), but I'm a rod guy.  All my rods are different and each has a certain technique it excels at.   If I'm fishing a bottom contact bait, 90% of the time I'm grabbing one of my Concept Z's (yea...the bright orange deal).  They are small and I can get all my fingers above the rod's trigger, gaining agility.  Plus, I paid $107 for all of them.  I didn't buy anything to collect dust, but I have retired my zoom crankbaits.  Black label has remade most/all of them, so it was an easy decision.  Backstock plastics and duplicate crankbaits will probably be around after I'm gone.  My philosophy is "I'd rather die with 20 extra packs of brush hogs I paid $2.37 for, than buy any at $5.49."

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twitchbaits are my favorite lure. They accept every single work, some of them even giving a slightly wiggling, when cranked. 

 

My basic strategies for them avries between the classical twitching, jerking and slashing. The ones are floating/topwater. Cast, twitch-jerk-slash, floating, repeat... The darting action makes Peacock basses crazy! 

 

The two lures in the right corner are a popper-dogwalker/jumping minnow hybrid and a glow crankbait.

 

IMG_20230203_150629.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2023 at 9:08 PM, KP Duty said:

The spare bedroom is my tackle room, but it also holds all my extra clothes, shoes, and cannabis.  Picked up a rush creek round 16-rod rack from Sierra trading to hold my overflow, but I still have a few rods without a permanent spot.  Dusted and even pulled my tubs from under the bed to clean, and snapped a couple pics.  I'll do a reel expose' soon.

n2iU00.jpg

 

Picked up the bookcase at home depot to house my boxes.  80% of 3700/3701's are crankbaits.

 

BPINPJ.jpg

 

Tubs of spare plastics, hooks, etc.

 

Ol0aDw.jpg

 

I'm a crankbait junky, so what are my prized cranks?  Definitely my WEC's.  This is all but 4 sweet pea's that reside in my finesse box.

 

SlEgjv.jpg

 

 

 

 

The organization gives me warm fuzzies man! Love it!  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I decided to sell my Aldebaran MGL 50 HG and replaced it w/ the Curado MGL 150. I'm really liking the balance of it paired w/ my NRX+ 842C MBR, the increased line capacity, the feel of it, and the aesthetics.

 

NRX+ Curado 1.jpg

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I fish primarily from a kayak so I only bring 4 combos with me at any time.  This is my main 4 for this season so far.  

 

Megabass P5 Destroyer Kirasame Kameyama Special stinger tip w/ Exsence Ci4 3000

 

Loomis NRX 852c w/ Shimano Aldebaran 51

 

Shimano Zodias MH w/ Daiwa PXL type R

 

Megabass Perfect Pitch w/ Shimano Exsence DC XG.  

36021658-C91B-43AD-B620-6878A228F791.thumb.jpeg.ca259429f58eda028e6bba88e9372716.jpeg

 

I also swap out the Perfect Pitch a lot for my Evergreen Combat Stick Wakebait rod if heavy cover isn’t a thing where I’m headed and I want to throw bigger swimbaits instead of frogs and jigs.  
 

Might eventually swap out that Zodias for something else but it’s hard to find a 3/8-1ozish rod that has so much sensitivity and good taper for moving baits so it’s staying for now.  

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Master Bait'r said:

I fish primarily from a kayak so I only bring 4 combos with me at any time.  This is my main 4 for this season so far.  

 

Megabass P5 Destroyer Kirasame Kameyama Special stinger tip w/ Exsence Ci4 3000

 

Loomis NRX 852c w/ Shimano Aldebaran 51

 

Shimano Zodias MH w/ Daiwa PXL type R

 

Megabass Perfect Pitch w/ Shimano Exsence DC XG.  

36021658-C91B-43AD-B620-6878A228F791.thumb.jpeg.ca259429f58eda028e6bba88e9372716.jpeg

 

I also swap out the Perfect Pitch a lot for my Evergreen Combat Stick Wakebait rod if heavy cover isn’t a thing where I’m headed and I want to throw bigger swimbaits instead of frogs and jigs.  
 

Might eventually swap out that Zodias for something else but it’s hard to find a 3/8-1ozish rod that has so much sensitivity and good taper for moving baits so it’s staying for now.  

 

 

Sweet.  I picked up 2 of those Essence ci4's a couple months ago, and have been impressed.  Actually went back to japan lure to grab another, but they were gone :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
8 hours ago, KP Duty said:

Sweet.  I picked up 2 of those Essence ci4's a couple months ago, and have been impressed.  Actually went back to japan lure to grab another, but they were gone :(


I got mine off FleaBay, shipping was fast and the price was very reasonable.  The reel is almost too light lol with the short butt section of that rod it’s inherently tip heavy and that reel doesn’t help balance it very much.  Thankfully I’m usually a “pinky behind the reel seat, everything else in front” gripper so right in the sweet spot.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
9 hours ago, KP Duty said:

Sweet.  I picked up 2 of those Essence ci4's a couple months ago, and have been impressed.  Actually went back to japan lure to grab another, but they were gone :(

I have one brand new. It's much heavier than I was expecting and would like to sell it if you

are interested. Send me a PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

I have one brand new. It's much heavier than I was expecting and would like to sell it if you

are interested. Send me a PM.

I'm on a buying haitus momentarily, but I've made a mental note that you have one available ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.