Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)

Master Bait'r

1/2 oz Picasso Rusty Squeaker

1/2 oz Hog Snatcher

1/8 oz boogerman in black and white

5/16 oz Accent finesse

5/16 oz Accent original

1/8 oz Buckeye

1/2 oz Buckeye

3/8 oz Bizz Baits stealth buzz

1/2 oz D&M Easy Roller

I went shad skirt for all but the black boogerman because all my waters are loaded with shad and shiners and minnows and crappie.

I typically fish them with a skirt and a plastic.  I like a lot of lift so I can move it slow and the bulk seems to get them to bite it more than just a skirt.  I will also go trailer only and remove the skirt when the water is clearer or it's calm.

As far as making them squeak, if they aren't squeaking I consider them a stealthier one and if they do it's my noisy one and I think both play sometimes.

• Like 2

• Super User

@Pat Brown woah lots of buzzers indeed. I have several 1/2oz hog snatchers. They are well built but the hook on em is just obnoxious. I haven’t really decided if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. The rusty squeaker has always really interested me. Please let me know how it does

I gave up trying to file and sand and bend my way to a louder buzzbait, so now all I do is the old school method. Crimp rivet and then tape to location on your vehicle and drive around for 30min. Often I have to bend the blade up to get it to have enough clearance while driving. The buzzbait will be pretty dang squeaky afterwards 

7 minutes ago, Pat Brown said:

As far as making them squeak, if they aren't squeaking I consider them a stealthier one and if they do it's my noisy one and I think both play sometimes.

Just saw you added this

• Like 1

@LrgmouthShad

Pat Cullen, old school double digit hunter extraordinaire, claimed that for over 1100 double digit bass, only one type of lure was required.

A buzzbait!

He claimed he had 7 that ran at different speeds and sounded different and he could eventually figure out which one they wanted with a swivel while night fishing by rotating them frequently.

He would then fish them aggressively in areas where big fish lived once he knew the preferred cadence and flavor on the body of water.

Kinda brilliant.

But that's basically why I got 'one of each' of a bunch of random ones that are different weights and styles.

Pat Cullen ???

• Like 2

• Super User
2 hours ago, Texas Flood said:

TW has been doing a pretty good job lately on getting orders out fast. 

Yeah now that they got a warehouse in GA, it's crazy how fast stuff gets to me.

That was a gamechanger for me, last order got here like Amazon Prime, 24hrs....however one single pack of Roboworms took a week longer because it had to come from their main warehouse in CA......which has to kill the profit margin on a $40 order.    

I need to weam myself off my local store addiction especially now that the instant gratification is not nearly as alluring with 1 day shipping times.  

• Like 2

Not actually a 'purchase' as I didn't buy these ,but thought I'd share since I won these in the recent giveaway here on b.r. which is pretty cool for me because I never win anythingScreenshot_20230817_205234_Gallery.thumb.jpg.95178bf39068ee30b3db5d6d2f896cf7.jpg

• Like 15

Gotta say Mike @Siebert Outdoors knocked it outta the park with 'Texas Craw' and 'Swamp Monster'

The motor oil red flake rage craw and the GOAT chigger craw seem to pair perfectly.   Can't wait to toss these beauties!

Compress_20230821_184119_9982.thumb.jpg.c42544f13c61309c52efe760a1d48124.jpgCompress_20230821_184119_9448.thumb.jpg.08066e9f61b2c303fc17ddd9e25a2bae.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Super User
1 minute ago, thediscochef said:

Got my first 10XD this afternoon. No pics, it's sitting at the bottom of the lake already

I hadn’t seen a 10XD in person until I walked into an academy about 2 weeks ago. Those things are HUGE

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LrgmouthShad said:

I hadn’t seen a 10XD in person until I walked into an academy about 2 weeks ago. Those things are HUGE

It's honestly my favorite thing to throw now, I can yeet it so far. I can still throw the lipless farther. But the 10XD is so much fun to throw. The wages of sin are death with that thing, though. I got one warning shot before it was hung up too bad to float out. I got maybe 50 casts in with it before the oopsie. Gonna have to adjust my reaction to getting stuck, I'm not used to floating baits. I can't even replace it before tomorrow because someone stole my bank info while I was snapping off the 10XD ?????? one of those times where I might as well put a $20 bill on a spoon as a trailer lol

• Like 1

Been trying to keep my nose out of this thread for the summer. Checked into Cabela’s yesterday and saw the new-to-me Zman Micro Finesse line up, and picked up some baits for ice fishing and hitting the bank with my daughter. I gotta feeling the Larvaz will be good on a drop shot.

I was running low on Ned Lockz HD in my favourite size 1/15oz and decided to try out the OG. I think this is the best general weight for ned baits because they drop so slow in the water column. 

IMG_4169.jpeg

• Like 7

Picked up a very slightly used Kaden 713 and 610-4 CB from this site, came yesterday. My first Dobyns rods after years of hearing folks sing their praises. Will try em out this afternoon in between rain drops. 

On 8/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, NJBasstard said:

Probably won't get to try it til early next week but this Chad Shad finally showed up on my doorstep ?

Ooh I see these are back in stock on TW. Looks like a great way to get into swimbaits without breaking the bank. 

• Super User

I have been absolutely obsessed with finesse jigging heavy cover this year.  It was previously one of my favorite ways to fish but after I got a Destroyer Kirasame Kameyama Special and started using it for that, the technique exploded for me.  My go-to lake has an insane amount of tangled lay downs, timber and stumps and that rod has given me so much more power to pull the fish out of the structure it’s been a game changer.  The bait monkey has a death grip on me for these little finesse jigs now!  Someone help!!  ??

92AA0A74-C18A-4A7A-8A0C-7960975438BB.thumb.jpeg.7cf920e3ae5b8b9854da2d656d1fedd8.jpeg

• Like 8

• Super User

Well I ordered my Lure Parts Online late Tuesday night and I got it Thursday afternoon. Was glad that I was able to pickup some 1/8 ounce frames and some Indiana blades. Gonna try the painted blades next year, no idea what to expect there   

IMG_0985.jpeg

• Like 11

• Super User

Still not sure I want to go all the way down the BFS rabbit hole, but I was thinking it would be fun to have a light baitcaster for slinging around little moving baits in streams and ponds. Found this on AliExpress a few weeks ago and it arrived today -- Tsurinoya Dragon II C662L:

20230825_233951.thumb.jpg.24a60773e4511b17592c1182e092c383.jpg

20230825_230502(1).thumb.jpg.2e04623c51de39c079d79f76387ee9a9.jpg

• Like 12

No pics but got in some of the new yamamoto ichi and oki worms. The ichi is 10" ringworm (basically the 5.5 floater senko with a ribbon tail. And the oki is a straight worm. Haven't fished them yet, but I'm pretty sure they are going to do well. 

• Like 1