Jump to content

Latest Tackle Purchase Thread (Bait Monkey Victim Support Group)


Master Bait'r

Recommended Posts

Picked up this very lightly used Falcon ultra-light 5’6” rod and an Abu Cardinal reel for $10 at an estate sale.  They also had several new Lamiglas blanks but I don’t know enough about them to pull the trigger.

IMG_3519.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Motoboss said:

Shoulda jumped on the Lamiglas rods and dispersed them here!

Are they worth anything? They were brownish yellow color and maybe already has chrome looking reel seats. The guy was also into fly fishing. The sale is only 15 minutes from my house and is going the next 3 days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 6/13/2023 at 12:48 AM, NorthernBasser said:

 

Geeze! Who's your wife, Santa Claus??

Santa (FedEx International) delivered today.

 

20230614_235632.thumb.jpg.05c6134248dfbfe6501bf4b93b33898c.jpg20230614_235605.thumb.jpg.1ba958216ff0688d1b8b6197a17ca7dc.jpg

 

I took it out for about an hour and threw one the more difficult casting lures in my box, a Shimano Macbeth Tiny. It would cast this 1/8oz bait about 75 feet easily and smoothly. It's as smooth as any other Calcutta and is a true work of art. I do like it better than the previous version but it does have a few things that take getting use to.... One, the thumb bar is odd. It sort of feels soft. Second, the drag is slow to start up.  I missed a few fish until I figured it out. Lastly, it's very similar to the Aldebaran. 

 

Overall,  an amazing reel but I need more time with it. Also, it pitches and side arm casts amazingly well. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
7 minutes ago, FishTank said:

Santa (FedEx International) delivered today.

 

20230614_235632.thumb.jpg.05c6134248dfbfe6501bf4b93b33898c.jpg20230614_235605.thumb.jpg.1ba958216ff0688d1b8b6197a17ca7dc.jpg

 

I took it out for about an hour and threw one the more difficult casting lures in my box, a Shimano Macbeth Tiny. It would cast this 1/8oz bait about 75 feet easily and smoothly. It's as smooth as any other Calcutta and is a true work of art. I do like it better than the previous version but it does have a few things that take getting use to.... One, the thumb bar is odd. It sort of feels soft. Second, the drag is slow to start up.  I missed a few fish until I figured it out. Lastly, it's very similar to the Aldebaran. 

 

Overall,  an amazing reel but I need more time with it. Also, it pitches and side arm casts amazingly well. 

 

I'm jealous!

 

Is that a Sierra you're paring it with? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2023 at 9:35 PM, NorthernBasser said:

Received my Midway USA open box purchase. 13 Fishing Envy Black. 7'6 H. $375 rod for $140. Great deal. As others have said, absolutely nothing wrong with these open box rods.

 

Us6ltD7.jpg

Those sticks were best of Icast a couple years ago....curious about sensitivity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
38 minutes ago, FishTank said:

Santa (FedEx International) delivered today.

 

20230614_235632.thumb.jpg.05c6134248dfbfe6501bf4b93b33898c.jpg20230614_235605.thumb.jpg.1ba958216ff0688d1b8b6197a17ca7dc.jpg

 

I took it out for about an hour and threw one the more difficult casting lures in my box, a Shimano Macbeth Tiny. It would cast this 1/8oz bait about 75 feet easily and smoothly. It's as smooth as any other Calcutta and is a true work of art. I do like it better than the previous version but it does have a few things that take getting use to.... One, the thumb bar is odd. It sort of feels soft. Second, the drag is slow to start up.  I missed a few fish until I figured it out. Lastly, it's very similar to the Aldebaran. 

 

Overall,  an amazing reel but I need more time with it. Also, it pitches and side arm casts amazingly well. 

 

"Momma make the gucci JDM man stop" ?

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
31 minutes ago, KP Duty said:

Those sticks were best of Icast a couple years ago....curious about sensitivity.

 

You may be thinking of a different 13 Fishing model, but these Envy Black 3's just came out last summer. Best of Show winner last year was the St. Croix Legend Tournament if I'm not mistaken.

 

Either way it feels nice in hand. The cork is high quality and the reel seat has a soft touch to it. I've yet to get it out on the water, but planning on it within the next few days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
7 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

I'm jealous!

 

Is that a Sierra you're paring it with? 

 

It is. It's the 700C Ultra Finesse.  I really like this rod but I may change my mind and put the Conquest on something else.  I broke the tip last year and was able to repair it but its not exactly the same. Not the rods fault.  I had it in a rod holder on my kayak when I got hung up in a tree.  I pulled on it, the bait came flying back and decapitated the tip. I've caught around 150+ fish on this rod since I bought it last year. I'm not ready to replace it just yet.

 

I have a Aldebaran BFS on the Siglett I just got. So far, it's been a blast to fish. I might switch these reels around in the future. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

 

You may be thinking of a different 13 Fishing model, but these Envy Black 3's just came out last summer. Best of Show winner last year was the St. Croix Legend Tournament if I'm not mistaken.

 

Either way it feels nice in hand. The cork is high quality and the reel seat has a soft touch to it. I've yet to get it out on the water, but planning on it within the next few days. 

They came out in '21, and I thought they picked up an Icast award, but didn't find anything.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

After my first KGB experience, I had to sign up for another ride.   They've shipped both baits about an hour after purchase, and they've arrived 48hrs later.   The company is exceptional, they deserve the hype imo.  

 

This is the Gillappie V2, it's 8" and weighs 3oz.   Can't wait to fish it.   

 

DSC06820-2.jpg

DSC06816-2.jpg

DSC06825-2.jpg

 

DSC06828-2.jpg


 

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 hour ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

After my first KGB experience, I had to sign up for another ride.   They've shipped both baits about an hour after purchase, and they've arrived 48hrs later.   The company is exceptional, they deserve the hype imo.  

 

This is the Gillappie V2, it's 8" and weighs 3oz.   Can't wait to fish it.   

 

DSC06820-2.jpg

DSC06816-2.jpg

DSC06825-2.jpg

 

DSC06828-2.jpg


 

 

Fans Self Gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
4 hours ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

After my first KGB experience, I had to sign up for another ride.   They've shipped both baits about an hour after purchase, and they've arrived 48hrs later.   The company is exceptional, they deserve the hype imo.  

 

This is the Gillappie V2, it's 8" and weighs 3oz.   Can't wait to fish it.   

? Clear pictures off a wall and get the pegboard ready.?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 minute ago, PhishLI said:

? Clear pictures off a wall and get the pegboard ready.?

What kind of monster did you create sir?   Even after getting my first two real chips in the game, I'm even more amazed by yours, and my other buddy's collection. 

 

I thought I was hooked before, but now I'm a full blown addict, I finally get the obsession with these baits.    

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Some minor restocking for chasing smallmouth in small rivers: Couple UL Pops, an XR-4 and a HJ-6. Strike King underspin and pack of Swimmers. 4F172CAC-D09A-44FA-B866-24A720CFB730.thumb.jpeg.b617bbd0352add326ea9993bd781ef00.jpeg 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
21 hours ago, PhishLI said:

? Clear pictures off a wall and get the pegboard ready.?

 

Have you posted your swimbait peg board wall on here yet? That thing is insane...and you said that's not all of it?!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
6 minutes ago, NorthernBasser said:

Have you posted your swimbait peg board wall on here yet? That thing is insane...and you said that's not all of it?!

Not lately. I'd like to maintain the illusion that I'm sane and rational.?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Columbia Craw said:

I asked my accountant to provide my total tackle expenditures for the past twelve months.

2785B149-94B1-4DC5-8D09-19E4004D3CCC.jpeg

I don't have an accountant, but if I did I am pretty sure he/she would have a heart attack when they saw the total. I know my wife would......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, optimator said:

My wife is an accountant…

Well you could really be screwed couldn't you? Just kidding of course......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




  • Outboard Engine

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.