Jump to content

Other Species Latest Catch Pics Thread


Recommended Posts

 

1 minute ago, DitchPanda said:

Whoa

yup, 30 trout couple cats and two bass. Only released the bass, and kept the rest for friends and family.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caught two new PBs at Limestone Hatchery in PA:large.IMG_20230407_085444.jpg.1723e33a346c012d013ad45158739d28.thumb.jpg.c53150f2a7af034b10a55d843c373235.jpg

30", 10 lb. 6 oz. Rainbowlarge.IMG_20230407_080708.jpg.55eb824ccbddab171cc587c8103a0d17.thumb.jpg.f97a38b7d6089d8d9292deec8bc658b2.jpg

5 lb. 7 oz. Brown (my first fish of '23!)

 

Both caught on 3.5" Daiwa Dr. Minnow! Jerkbaits do catch BIG trouts!

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator

Well somebody has to follow up those massive trout, guess I’ll do it 

 

pouring the rain, I stood under the boathouse for a bit and got lucky on a crappie 

 

FF452-D38-E9-F3-4934-9047-7-B181-F226-A4

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two night fishing and thats what I brought for my neigbor :) 

IMG_9176.JPG

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Change of pace today on the local reservoir. Crappie were the target species, and I caught a bunch. Still early pre-spawn, so many were pretty big-bellied. Bonus fish was a big flathead I managed to land on the crappie outfit after a pretty good fight.

 

EAFE6086-08DE-4FBD-96E4-AC7AE554832C.jpeg.f309dcda85cf7d498e284f5f67d0bff0.jpeg
 

4FEB0AAA-8212-41DC-B976-969E192D10C7.jpeg.cab4acf93ac8084252c8f3cf0bd6e606.jpeg

 

6935B4B3-973C-4D66-BFED-0539D23BEC13.jpeg.60e5f04213d8015386c5235dd5f3f0cc.jpeg

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Team9nine said:

Change of pace today on the local reservoir. Crappie were the target species, and I caught a bunch. Still early pre-spawn, so many were pretty big-bellied. Bonus fish was a big flathead I managed to land on the crappie outfit after a pretty good fight.

 

EAFE6086-08DE-4FBD-96E4-AC7AE554832C.jpeg.f309dcda85cf7d498e284f5f67d0bff0.jpeg
 

4FEB0AAA-8212-41DC-B976-969E192D10C7.jpeg.cab4acf93ac8084252c8f3cf0bd6e606.jpeg

 

6935B4B3-973C-4D66-BFED-0539D23BEC13.jpeg.60e5f04213d8015386c5235dd5f3f0cc.jpeg

I was also bass fishing but I couldn't get anything with power fishing so I change to finesse jighead and swimbait and all I catch was crappie, so I gave up and enjoy catching slabs :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
34 minutes ago, ATA said:

I was also bass fishing but I couldn't get anything with power fishing so I change to finesse jighead and swimbait and all I catch was crappie, so I gave up and enjoy catching slabs :)


“Don’t fight the bite!” ?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
10 hours ago, Team9nine said:

Change of pace today on the local reservoir. Crappie were the target species, and I caught a bunch. Still early pre-spawn, so many were pretty big-bellied. Bonus fish was a big flathead I managed to land on the crappie outfit after a pretty good fight.

 

EAFE6086-08DE-4FBD-96E4-AC7AE554832C.jpeg.f309dcda85cf7d498e284f5f67d0bff0.jpeg
 

4FEB0AAA-8212-41DC-B976-969E192D10C7.jpeg.cab4acf93ac8084252c8f3cf0bd6e606.jpeg

 

6935B4B3-973C-4D66-BFED-0539D23BEC13.jpeg.60e5f04213d8015386c5235dd5f3f0cc.jpeg

Nice slabs, did you have to chase the cat around with the TM? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 hour ago, TnRiver46 said:

Nice slabs, did you have to chase the cat around with the TM? 


Luckily no - caught him right off a channel break and he just kind of bulldogged toward the bottom, right under the boat. Water temps are still on the cool side, so that probably helped a little. Surprised he didn’t pull me right into one of those channel stumps and break me off ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was targeting bass today but ended up catching 6 different species.  Spotted Bass, Largemouth Bass, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Crappie and a 17 1/2 pound Flathead Catfish.  I had just caught a few spots in an area.  I spot locked the boat to take a leak.   I looked down at my sonar and saw a ball of baitfish with 3 big fish coming up into them from the bottom.  I grabbed my closest rod and tossed a Bandit 200 that direction.  The Cat took it within a couple seconds of hitting the water.  It was a fighter.   It kept trying to go under the boat.  I reached and trimmed the motor up, then kept moving away from it with my trolling motor while keeping good pressure on it.  After several hundred yards of dragging it was finally tired.  I was disappointed when I saw it.  It was really big, but fought much bigger.  (I caught a 53 pounder last year.  I believe this one fought harder).  The lake was full of boats.  My boat was rocking with waves.  I never could get the scale to settle.  It was bouncing from 17 to 18 pounds.  I snapped a pic on 17.54 pounds.  It was 34 inches long.  

April 15 Cat.jpg

April15 cat weight.jpg

April 15 Crappie.jpg

April 15 White Perch.jpg

April 15 Perch.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Set off with a goal of soaking some crawlers I had left over. I had a spot in mind that looked good weeks ago, but today flow was different and tide was low. However carp were all along the bank, breaching and finning. Couldn't get any quick takes with a nightcrawler and I didn't have enough corn to make a chum slick. Spent a lot of time letting it soak. The carp will tease you and play games. I tried the bottom rig at another nearby spot, then changed tactics and tried a float rig, making casts and drifts. Confidence was pretty bad by now. Then I found a pocket of sunfish and perch. Caught about a dozen sunfish. I did see a big carp cruise through near the sunfish, but didn't show interest in the float rig. After catching some fish, and keeping a couple, my morale was rejuvenated and I felt like waiting for a carp take again, but I was only able to get bluegill taps and a snag.

 

I would try a last ditch effort at the park where I was parked to finish my coffee. I walked onto the dock and saw a big carp cruising shallow. I had a piece of crawler threaded on a hair rig, so I set it out and though she might find it. Soon I had a take, fish on. Very far first run, like a lot of line, so I thought it was big, maybe the big one I saw. The battle was quite epic, like Godzilla, people watching and some other anglers, deflating their vessel, were there and had a boga to help drag it in when she was ready. So, state pin is 33", this fish is 32"? Maybe? Regardless, it's the biggest carp I have landed in this river.

IMG_20230416_183118.jpg

IMG_20230416_164421.jpg

IMG_20230416_183050.jpg

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another evening with @TnRiver46, continued from here.

 

SWMBO took a little longer to get hooked up. I tied her onto the same lure I was using, and this spicy little meatball became her first ever ned rig fish on her brand new rod and reel.

 

2CJu1qX.jpg

 

It was adorable and she fell in love with it, but we let it go home. A few casts later, she got into a good example of her most favorite fish to catch.

 

Lp0MYjF.jpg

 

I don't think we got any pictures that do it justice, but it gave her all the fight she wanted on that medium-light rod. lol

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 hour ago, galyonj said:

Another evening with @TnRiver46, continued from here.

 

SWMBO took a little longer to get hooked up. I tied her onto the same lure I was using, and this spicy little meatball became her first ever ned rig fish on her brand new rod and reel.

 

2CJu1qX.jpg

 

It was adorable and she fell in love with it, but we let it go home. A few casts later, she got into a good example of her most favorite fish to catch.

 

Lp0MYjF.jpg

 

I don't think we got any pictures that do it justice, but it gave her all the fight she wanted on that medium-light rod. lol

What kind of spicey meatball is that? ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
7 minutes ago, galyonj said:

 

That's a rock bass. They're as mean as they are tiny. 

 

Ah okay, I don't believe I've ever caught one before.  Kind of sound like a Warmouth of Green Sunfish.

 

I'm sure it did taste like a spicey Meatball to TNRiver46 ?  That's awesome you guys get to fish together!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got to fish for the first time in what seems like forever yesterday. The day started with the kid in the drive through pouring hot coffee all over my hand, then it was boat trouble in the form of a bad battery so I had a feeling it might be a tough day. The fishing was tough, but we had a gorgeous day. I was just thankful to be on the water.

 

I had one interesting catch. We saw some fish chasing shad up ahead of the boat so I was threw out as far out as I could to get to them. I let my lipless crank fall through before reeling it, when I felt something. I set the hook, but nothing happened. I thought I was hung up, but then I felt my line move...and stop...and move again. I had no idea what was going on until I pulled it out of the water. I snagged a catfish right in the middle. At least I know my hooks are sharp. ?

SnaggedCat.png

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

Ah okay, I don't believe I've ever caught one before.  Kind of sound like a Warmouth of Green Sunfish.

 

I'm sure it did taste like a spicey Meatball to TNRiver46 ?  That's awesome you guys get to fish together!  

 

We let everything go. Even the skipjack head he dragged around behind the boat for most of the evening got to go home.

 

Eta: and he's one of the coolest people I've ever met. He's even nice about my cooking. lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, galyonj said:

We let everything go. Even the skipjack head he dragged around behind the boat for most of the evening got to go home.

Wait! That doesn't sound right. You sure you weren't fishing with an alien disguised as @TnRiver46?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were rumors of a good tuna bite south of PV, so my boss decided to go to Bara for one last trip this spring.  The seas were rough, but we managed to get off shore for a couple days and Landed some nice tuna, dorado and one small blue marlin.  Fished inshore on the way home.  Landed Snapper, snook, and one small rooster fish.  We lost a 300 plus pound tuna at the boat after a 2 hour fight in rough seas with 20 knot winds.  It would have been my PB yellowfin, real heart breaker.  For comparison, the biggest tuna in the pictures is 190 pounds.  Even with loosing the fish of a lifetime, and getting beat up by the sea, it was good trip, everyone was  happy.

 

bara marlin april 2023.PNG

Bara trip 2023 inshore.jpg

Bara trip 2023 tuna 1.jpg

Bara trip 2023 tuna 2.jpg

bara trip april 2023 tuna 3.jpg

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
6 minutes ago, king fisher said:

There were rumors of a good tuna bite south of PV, so my boss decided to go to Bara for one last trip this spring.  The seas were rough, but we managed to get off shore for a couple days and Landed some nice tuna, dorado and one small blue marlin.  Fished inshore on the way home.  Landed Snapper, snook, and one small rooster fish.  We lost a 300 plus pound tuna at the boat after a 2 hour fight in rough seas with 20 knot winds.  It would have been my PB yellowfin, real heart breaker.  For comparison, the biggest tuna in the pictures is 190 pounds.  Even with loosing the fish of a lifetime, and getting beat up by the sea, it was good trip, everyone was  happy.

 

bara marlin april 2023.PNG

Bara trip 2023 inshore.jpg

Bara trip 2023 tuna 1.jpg

Bara trip 2023 tuna 2.jpg

bara trip april 2023 tuna 3.jpg

epic as always

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I caught this Gizzard in the net after it was stunned by something on my homelake.  I've snagged or found a couple 7-8" ones, but not any 10-12" ones.   This guy was likely closer to 12".

 

It's my belief that the DD fish in my homelake prefer these particular 8-12" Gizzards.  The lake gets 10k Threadfins at the beginning of April, but those are to expedite the LGM getting to the 17.5" size.   Once they get to that size they have mouths capable of eating 8-12" Gizzards, and then the big Bluegills and Crappie.  

 

Need a 10" Gizzard glide now ?

 

DSC06502-2.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.